Fresh Grabs

View attachment 30406

The Nat Birchall I got earlier, but the rest I picked up in London this week.
View attachment 30407

Today's Amazon delivery.

So much for taking it easy in January, I'm also waiting for an HHV shipment with both Alice & John Coltrane alongside Muriel Grossman - Reverence later in the week.
My dude this is an amazing set of records!

Can I ask where you picked up the Duke Pearson, Nat Birchall, and Dexter Gordon? I was looking to get the Duke Pearson and Nat Birchall online last week but i've had such an issue with online orders lately that I might as well pop into central to get them. I've never seen the Dexter Gordon before but it looks super interesting!

Last edited:
My dude this is an amazing set of records!

Can I ask where you picked up the Duke Pearson, Nat Birchall, and Dexter Gordon? I was looking to get the Duke Pearson and Nat Birchall online last week but i've had such an issue with online orders lately that I might as well pop into central to get them. I've never seen the Dexter Gordon before but it looks super interesting!

I got the Nat Birchall from Soul Brother records in Putney, I think it was the last he had. The Duke Pearson and Dexter Gordon I got from Honest Jon's in Portobello. I went there specifically to pick up the Duke Pearson tbh. I'm not sure that the quality is on a par with the TP's nut it sounds great and is a great album.

The Dexter is a Gearbox release, I haven't had a chance to listen to it properly yet. I gave it a spin the other night but I'd had a few too many drinks. It's taken from a Danish TV program in 1967 so don't expect it to be amazing quality, but a very interesting performance.

edit - also the Duke Pearson is the cheapest I've seen it at, in Honest Jons, only £32

Grabbed some stuff other than the jazz hole I've been thrust into.

Dan Mangan - Nice, Nice, Very Nice (10th Anniversary 2LP reissue)

4E039362-14D8-4FCF-A0CF-4E5A9FDC4632.jpeg

Chris Bell - i am the cosmos (2020 reissue)
Van Morrison - His Band and the Street Choir (2020 Rhino reissue)

6E26C40C-E4AD-49D2-B830-AFE6643C8CAE.jpeg

Bonny Light Horseman- s/t (indie blue variant)
Morphine - Good (2020 Run Out Groove 2LP reissue). Completes the Good, Yes, Cure for Pain trifecta.

6D7EBD32-2EF8-4AE4-A562-3C44B1EF4B49.jpeg

Still Fresh Grabs
06F8D402-7D90-471C-89D2-4E24C9773178.jpeg
Kiwi Jr. - Football Money
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged New York

I have been waxing rhapsodic about Kiwi Jr.’s debut record since coming acrossed it earlier this week. Their ramshackle indie rock is incredibly charming and is easily the best thing I have come across early into 2020. RIYL Pavement or Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever.

I FINALLY got my Unplugged 25th anniversary edition and color me impressed. This sounds damn near perfect a wonderful pressing and the packaging is great too. The gatefold sleeve with the silver foiled embossing are all really well done. Definitely worth the wait.

Last edited:
I got the Nat Birchall from Soul Brother records in Putney, I think it was the last he had. The Duke Pearson and Dexter Gordon I got from Honest Jon's in Portobello. I went there specifically to pick up the Duke Pearson tbh. I'm not sure that the quality is on a par with the TP's nut it sounds great and is a great album.

The Dexter is a Gearbox release, I haven't had a chance to listen to it properly yet. I gave it a spin the other night but I'd had a few too many drinks. It's taken from a Danish TV program in 1967 so don't expect it to be amazing quality, but a very interesting performance.

edit - also the Duke Pearson is the cheapest I've seen it at, in Honest Jons, only £32
Oh fantastic, thanks for replying!

Thats great to hear, I will hunt them down next time I get the chance. Gearbox are superb as well, I have a load of their records (Thelonious Monk - Monk, Binker Golding - Abstractions.., Tubby Hayes - Greens.., Theon Cross - Fyah, etc) and they are all superb. I will definitely add Dexter to my list!

ManaPool_Cover_1200x.jpg
Vaperror - Mana Pool

a4042324845_10.jpg
Espirit - Virtual.zip

Uh yeah... Sooooo the other day I mentioned that I scored a copy of Floral Shop by Macintosh Plus off ebay. Well today I went ahead and bought these two records brand new as well. I honestly didn't over pay for them because I found their own legit sites that sold them and for very decent prices.

Anyway am I now a part of a joke? I think these particular Vaporwave albums are pretty cool and they remind me of that whole Chillwave thing from back around 2009 which I totally got into and loved.

I think I'll file them in the Chillwave / Witchouse section of my records lol.

View attachment 30538
Vaperror - Mana Pool

View attachment 30539
Espirit - Virtual.zip

Uh yeah... Sooooo the other day I mentioned that I scored a copy of Floral Shop by Macintosh Plus off ebay. Well today I went ahead and bought these two records brand new as well. I honestly didn't over pay for them because I found their own legit sites that sold them and for very decent prices.

Anyway am I now a part of a joke? I think these particular Vaporwave albums are pretty cool and they remind me of that whole Chillwave thing from back around 2009 which I totally got into and loved.

Man, I was also really into the whole Summer of Chillwave. It was the best soundtrack to being drunk during the day at the beach house. And the more tape warble, the better!

View attachment 30538
Vaperror - Mana Pool

View attachment 30539
Espirit - Virtual.zip

I really enjoyed the “Chillwave” Lo-Fi hazy dance music of the late 00s. I haven’t spent too much time with Vaporware as the few songs I have heard seemed almost like the antithesis of chill, more like being stuck in a k-hole, not my cup of tea at all.

Grabs since Xmas:

155CCE20-5E15-4254-B024-95E5CA6535FA.jpeg

The Brubeck was a $7 pickup. The Ella is superb. And Bobbie Gentry is someone I had never heard of until @Yer Ol' Uncle D brought her up in a different thread a few weeks ago. Very nice and also quite cheap.

62939753-9BFF-420C-8A79-FFA3F987E7FC.jpeg

Finally caved and bought an Aldous Harding record. I’m glad I did; the slower songs have officially grown on me over the past month.

83303F3B-4E0B-4A9B-97EA-4CD4512F2F6F.jpeg

Glad to see this white whale reissued. Can never have enough of Beth Gibbons’ voice.

5247F950-F4BF-43B2-9691-16CBE9F86C8A.jpeg

These were Detroit grabs. The clear highlight is the mono Monk.

FA84A930-4975-4675-A3DA-99BA93FA3B7B.jpeg

This Dinah Washington record features a killer band (Max Roach and Clifford Brown!).

66F838B7-96ED-4F87-8FF0-9993E5A45447.jpeg

Last but not least, a couple of “damn, Neil Peart died” purchases. It feels blasphemous to say it but I’ve actually been enjoying 80s Rush more than their 70s output.

I really enjoyed the “Chillwave” Lo-Fi hazy dance music of the late 00s. I haven’t spent too much time with Vaporware as the few songs I have heard seemed almost like the antithesis of chill, more like being stuck in a k-hole, not my cup of tea at all.
I actually agree with your statement about Vaporwave. That's why these albums are my favorites because they tend to cross over more into the IDM side of things a bit. Also the samples are quality.

Fruko - El Espectacular
The Latin Brothers - Bailame Como Quieras
El Super Combo Curro - El Gran Romancito 'La Ley'

Another package from my favourite Colombian Discogs seller.

Inside out pizza box used for delivery? Check.
Records hidden inside polystyrene with random records taped to the outside? Check.
Smoking records inside? Check.

20200127_153034.jpg

Another record by the genius that is Fruko, one by a group he was involved with (Latin Brothers), and more old-time Colombian music courtesy of the orchestra of Curro Fuentes (there's a great Soundway compilation of his music).

20200127_153103.jpg

Back