Fresh Grabs

View attachment 30617View attachment 30618

So this is my used Joe Cocker I got the other day. ($20 NM-) One side has a serious scratch across 1 1/2 songs. The other side has a scratch across most of the whole side.

The dealer says this is NM-. I say it is a “dollar bin” vinyl. What do you think?
Definitely not dollar bin, but no where near NM-

View attachment 30617View attachment 30618

So this is my used Joe Cocker I got the other day. ($20 NM-) One side has a serious scratch across 1 1/2 songs. The other side has a scratch across most of the whole side.

The dealer says this is NM-. I say it is a “dollar bin” vinyl. What do you think?
I would agree with both @Dark Star Boogie & @Vinyl&Kicks86 ..... definitely not anywhere NM, not a $1 bin buy though. I would think $5/6 with those scratches on them. Just out of curiosity, is the damage audible?

I would agree with both @Dark Star Boogie & @Vinyl&Kicks86 ..... definitely not anywhere NM, not a $1 bin buy though. I would think $5/6 with those scratches on them. Just out of curiosity, is the damage audible?

In truth I haven’t played it. Pulled it out to clean and play it Sunday. Once I saw it I just took the photos to send to dealer and set it aside as I had other records to get to. I was looking for a much nicer early vinyl copy to replace/compliment my CD version.

In truth I haven’t played it. Pulled it out to clean and play it Sunday. Once I saw it I just took the photos to send to dealer and set it aside as I had other records to get to. I was looking for a much nicer early vinyl copy to replace/compliment my CD version.
Oh, I would have done the same, I was just curious ;)

New SRX! Van Gelder Blakey! Sonny mastered by Bernie and pressed by Pallas! Nat Birchall reissue! All this and a bottle of Macallan makes the 9 straight work day marathon much easier to take!
View attachment 30662
View attachment 30663
Which The Bridge is that? I might pick up the ORG pressing...have an older pressing but it has a lot of crackles and small scratches on it.

IMG_0322.JPG

Grabbed the remastered/re-release of For Emma Forever Ago and man...it sounds really good. Bon Ivers first few albums sound pretty bad on vinyl and have been riddled with pressing issues. But this one sounds really good and is still available on his website despite being $60+ on discogs.

My Chromatics pre-order arrived today, same as @zdkaiser's above. BUT this was also in the package:

unnamed (1).jpg

What does it mean?! Dear Tommy?!

Also, VMP employee lurkers: clearly you're around taking notes and bestowing gifts upon those who sing your praises. I'm not calling you out to that end, but would suggest you order something from Italians Do It Better and take some cursory notes on how an album SHOULD be packaged as to avoid damage/warping in shipment.

My Chromatics pre-order arrived today, same as @zdkaiser's above. BUT this was also in the package:

View attachment 30779

What does it mean?! Dear Tommy?!

Also, VMP employee lurkers: clearly you're around taking notes and bestowing gifts upon those who sing your praises. I'm not calling you out to that end, but would suggest you order something from Italians Do It Better and take some cursory notes on how an album SHOULD be packaged as to avoid damage/warping in shipment.
I think the postcard may allude to a new Desire album in 2020. "M" on the necklace makes me think this is a photo of Megan Louise.

Back