Fresh Grabs

Was in the area after the kid had a volleyball clinic, so had to stop in Crossroads Music to check it out. Hadn't been in before, and oh my is that place loaded. She's been wanting some classic records and loves Who Are You after hearing it at a basketball tournament. Nothing better than a $5 play copy that sounds pretty decent.

I'll be back without child to probably buy way more than I intend.

A4788B5C-E9F6-44BE-BDC1-0A0B4D6699FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Cactus is a nice record store experience but do yourself a favor and hit Vinal Edge before you leave H-town, especially if you enjoy non-mainstream genres. Enjoy your stay!
I’ll be back down this way again. I spent all my funds at Cactus. Didn’t end up going to as many places as we wanted, but I’ll be down again I’m sure! I enjoyed it here.

I didn't realize Bleep did a repress. Could you let me know how it sounds. I've listened to all the first pressings before settling on the white one but they all had issues.
I gave it a spin today and didn’t notice anything off. There was a bit of surface noise during the quieter moments but it was flat and had a decent range. I noticed very little dead wax, seems like a 2xLP release might not have been a bad idea. Overall though it’s decent enough. I am happy with it. I think it’s still very reasonably priced right now too for what it’s worth.

Was in the area after the kid had a volleyball clinic, so had to stop in Crossroads Music to check it out. Hadn't been in before, and oh my is that place loaded. She's been wanting some classic records and loves Who Are You after hearing it at a basketball tournament. Nothing better than a $5 play copy that sounds pretty decent.

I'll be back without child to probably buy way more than I intend.

View attachment 22878

Crossroads is overwhelming. If I ever decide to go there for record shopping in Portland, it is the only store I go to for that day. Fantastic outlet.
Obviously rewards those crate digging for hours upon hours.

Crossroads is overwhelming. If I ever decide to go there for record shopping in Portland, it is the only store I go to for that day. Fantastic outlet.
Obviously rewards those crate digging for hours upon hours.
I'm really trying to not go back over there right now, I'm sure there are a lot of deals coming up in the next couple weeks that I'll want to take advantage of.

I liked it more when it was on Hawthorne, but im getting used to the new place.

The seller with the yellow bins in the back is probably the best one there...at least for the stuff i buy...prog and soundtracks.

It's not far from my house, so I'm sure I'll spend some time there.

I noticed one near the back that had some pretty great stuff, but damn it seemed overpriced! Either that or I had no idea what made some of the albums that expensive. Checked discogs for a couple of them and didn't see any version that was anywhere near their price. But other areas seemed super reasonable.

I'm seeing them tonight. What other sort of stuff did they have?
Vinyl had Masana, House and S/T, a couple cds, a pretty psychedelic poster (I had to pick that up as well, $30), I believe 4 different shirts. Minami also had some vinyl and shirts over at their table.

You are in for one sweet treat tonight, probably one of the best shows I saw at the Grog and the energy the crowd was putting out was fantastic!

Vinyl had Masana, House and S/T, a couple cds, a pretty psychedelic poster (I had to pick that up as well, $30), I believe 4 different shirts. Minami also had some vinyl and shirts over at their table.

You are in for one sweet treat tonight, probably one of the best shows I saw at the Grog and the energy the crowd was putting out was fantastic!

I saw them in Austin a week ago last Saturday at the Levitation Fest and it was the best show I saw. Love them on vinyl but live is another level. Pure bliss.

As far as vinyl merch, black pressings of their full catalogue at $20 a title. Good selection of t-shirts as blissfullychaotic mentions but unfortunately they were out of a lot of sizes at my show.

Back