Fresh Grabs

I want this Norah Jones so bad! I haven't seen any European shop selling this repress so far :( Meanwhile, I received my WaxBuyers Club AotM this morning, thanks to @Edd :)

View attachment 17436

www.snvinyl.co.uk

They're based in Lanarkshire (just outside Glasgow) in Scotland. They sent me an update email advertising that they had the Nora Jones box and the individual album available.

They aren’t cheap but they’re by far and away the most consistent stockists of US audiophile label pressings I’ve found in Europe. I ordered my crazy Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks from them.

Bud Powell ‎– The Amazing Bud Powell Volume 1 (Blue Note, 1962 Mono pressing, LEX AVE on one side with no R, RVG and P in deadwax, Deep Groove, no INC on sleeve)
Bud Powell ‎– The Amazing Bud Powell Volume 2 (Blue Note, 1966 Mono pressing, NEW YORK pressing, RVG and P in deadwax, Deep Groove, no INC on sleeve)

Got these for a fantastic price. They're in superb shape, honestly looks like they have never been played. Interestingly they both have the exact same liner notes, with the Vol 1 and Vol 2 being covered in both.
IMG_7198.JPG

Mal Waldron With The Steve Lacy Quintet (America Records, 1972 first pressing)
Mal Waldron ‎– A Touch Of The Blues (Enja, 1975 first pressing)

I have been listening to Mal Waldron a lot lately. In the shop I found a copy of the 'Mal 1' (labelled as a first US pressing) which I couldn't believe I found. The price tag was £130 which, while its crazy money to spend on a single LP, is actually a great price for it.......until I realised that it was mis-labelled and was in fact a 3rd Japanese pressing worth around £20. Anyway, these two sound superb, with the 'Touch of Blues' being a live recording from Nuremberg, West Germany in 1972.
IMG_7199.JPG

Jimmy Heath And Brass ‎– Swamp Seed (Riverside, 1963 first US pressing, Deep Groove)
I picked this out and listened to it in the shop because the line-up is just insane. Jimmy Heath, Donald Byrd, Julius Watkins, Herbie Hancock, Percy Heath, Albert Heath....madness. Its just a superb album from the 2-3 tracks I have played so far. Got this at a steal so super happy with it!
IMG_7197.JPG

Wax Poetics Europe - Issue 1
I have been hunting this down and finally found it in Phonica records. Its the inaugural issue, with a big section on the London jazz scene, history of acid-house, plus a load of other cool record/jazz/funk related articles.
IMG_7201.JPG

Back