Fresh Grabs

Stereolab

Big thanks to @TheThinWhiteDuke for pointing me to Amazon.ca to be able to grab these. These along with Mars Audactic Quintet, Refried Ectoplasm, and Aluminum Tunes, I now have my essential Stereolab covered. I might pick up a few more depending on opportunity and value but I am super happy to check these off my list.

I got mine in too!

Went to my local, planning to pick up.1 or 2 of the new BN80 or Tone Poets. Instead I walked out with 3 nice Japanese Blue Notes. Apparently they had just bought up someones collection, which featured many Japanese Jazz pressings. Sadly I had to limit myself, but still came home with 3 great records. Also saw an Original pressing of Art Blanket - Holiday for Skins, which I might go back for after my next paycheck. Then when I got home, they delivered my first eBay auction win, from Japan. Luckily I escaped customs charges, which probably saved me €30 or so.
DSC_0097.JPG

Went to my local, planning to pick up.1 or 2 of the new BN80 or Tone Poets. Instead I walked out with 3 nice Japanese Blue Notes. Apparently they had just bought up someones collection, which featured many Japanese Jazz pressings. Sadly I had to limit myself, but still came home with 3 great records. Also saw an Original pressing of Art Blanket - Holiday for Skins, which I might go back for after my next paycheck. Then when I got home, they delivered my first eBay auction win, from Japan. Luckily I escaped customs charges, which probably saved me €30 or so.
View attachment 17372
I only found Concerto on my last trip to Amsterdam but it was a sweet shop. Also found some good stuff in Rush Hour, which I knew from before. Any other recommendations for future trips?

I only found Concerto on my last trip to Amsterdam but it was a sweet shop. Also found some good stuff in Rush Hour, which I knew from before. Any other recommendations for future trips?

Yeah Rush Hour and Concerto are two of the best. My personal favourite is CityRecords, partially because I have chatted with the owner several times and he is a really nice guy. But he also has a nice diverse selection, with some great Jazz, Latin, Brazilian records, amongst other genres. RecordFriends also is worth checking out. And there is a shop called Vintage Voudou, which I think is right up your alley (but expensive).

If you want an (let's say) interesting experience, check out Distortion Records. The store is a complete mess, but the owner knows exactly where everything is.

One store that always kind of makes me scratch my head, is Waxwell Records. Their selection is amazing, but like 90% of the records I'm interested in seem to be VG condition or worse. So I usually leave empty handed.

There are loads of other places, but I rarely go to any of them. Others have told me good stories about the following: Red Light Records, Zap Records, Backbeat Records, Black Gold (Hip-Hop), Record Palace (this one is located across the street from Paradiso, an old church that is now a concert hall) and Bordello a Parigi (Italo Disco).

So loads of options basically. It kind of depends on the genres you are looking for.

View attachment 17407

So I took my dog for a walk and found out that somebody had thrown this vinyl on the street. Some of them are broken but most of the look good. I have no idea what's there; I guess it must be jazz. I'll donate to the library.
Also, not for donation, my dog, who is not very happy because his walk was shortened.
LOL, he does look a bit annoyed with you.

Miles Davis #40 for me and fittingly it's his second great quintet. Hoping this bootleg is up to scratch (and 50+ will be reached soon as I've just ordered a 12 LP box...)
And the latest in great Strut compilations from the Indian Ocean, this time on Madagascar. Excited to check this out.

20190918_121934.jpg

I’m not much of a product photographer, but I’m pleased with these grabs

View attachment 17318
Got my Nora Jones as well............and a curve ball from Amoeba. So I ordered what was listed as a 2011 pressing of Grace, showed up today, the bar code scans as a 2010 pressing, but the label and matrix are for a 2015 European pressing by We Are Vinyl pressed at Quantum sound. Its getting to the point that none of this stuff is being listed correctly so how the frick do you order with confidence?
View attachment 17323

I want this Norah Jones so bad! I haven't seen any European shop selling this repress so far :( Meanwhile, I received my WaxBuyers Club AotM this morning, thanks to @Edd :)

IMG_20190918_131229.jpg

Back