Fitness!

So I downloaded this little Map My Run UA app. Gonna see how well it tracks stuff tonight when I benchmark my first 30R20. Any tips for logging workouts (that aren’t running) that might not be obvious?

I don't have any tips for logging non-running workouts, but I do have a life tip for you: If you like using MMR after trying it out, join the challenge!haha DM me if you're down and I'll be sure to get you added.

Hey fitness friends, my first time popping in this here thread. Pre covid I was walking 15,000 steps a day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week. My steps are now under 8,000 and I haven’t set foot in a gym since March. The good news is I just got a Peloton!! Here’s hoping I can get myself back on the right track.

Hey fitness friends, my first time popping in this here thread. Pre covid I was walking 15,000 steps a day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week. My steps are now under 8,000 and I haven’t set foot in a gym since March. The good news is I just got a Peloton!! Here’s hoping I can get myself back on the right track.

Welcome! Peloton's are amazing and everyone I know with one is absolutely obsessed with it, should definitely help you get back to working out. Be sure to join our active minutes challenges, they're a lot of fun! If you're interested let me know and I'll get you the details!

Some info here: Fitness!

Samesies, just add a gap of a couple years with a bunch of bad shit in them. Be a late-to-the-party joiner like me and get on board the Record Nerd Workout Wagon!

How're you liking it so far? I just did a bike bootcamp class, and those things are no joke!

And @RowBearToe re: the mapmyrun challenges, can I log my peloton workouts into it to participate? If so, I am down to join up for the next one! Right now I'm working on getting my 10,000-minutes-in-2020 badge on my Peloton...461 to go!

How're you liking it so far? I just did a bike bootcamp class, and those things are no joke!

And @RowBearToe re: the mapmyrun challenges, can I log my peloton workouts into it to participate? If so, I am down to join up for the next one! Right now I'm working on getting my 10,000-minutes-in-2020 badge on my Peloton...461 to go!
I’m loving it so far. I literally have no excuse not to work out when there’s this bike taking up half of my bedroom!

That's awesome, good luck hitting that goal! You can definitely log peloton workouts to participate! MMR and Peloton can't sync with one another, so you will have to manually log them, but it isn't very difficult to do. So if you're willing to do that, we'd love to have you join the challenge! The next one will start on the first of the year. There's some up front work to sign up (give me your email address, accept my friend request, then accept challenge invitations) so if you want to get a headstart on that just let me know.

I’m in a similar spot as @tvham. Stopped going to the gym in March. Had plans on working out at home but that fell through. Mostly me being lazy. I have an Apple Watch arriving tomorrow because I’ve had it with this Fitbit. I ate like crap from Thanksgiving on and have gained back the weight that I had lost before COVID and it’s bumming me out. Going to start meal prepping for breakfast and lunch. I really want to get a bicycle this year. I had planned on doing that before March of last year and then I waited too long and there were shortages.
Anyway, I wanted to post in here in hopes that I’ll be posting more frequently. Good luck to everyone and continued success!

Sorry for the delay, but the holidays didn't allow me time to go through everything. The Holiday challenge has ended; over 3 months we had 9 participants and collectively worked out for 6 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes, and 43 seconds; great work everyone! @debianlinux topped the leaderboard once again, and I've honestly lost track how many times you've won it now (4?), but it's almost all of them haha. Congrats!

1. @debianlinux - 51:05:00 🏆🏆🏆🏆
2. @panino - 31:42:47
3. @Corycm - 18:00:28
4. @RowBearToe - 15:53:49
5. @Kris - 13:07:11
6. @bfly - 12:37:00
7. @LeSamourai - 12:14:38
8. @trickyseven - 6:25:33

I created the new challenge a couple days ago, and sent invites to everyone that participated in the last challenge. It looks like @Kris is the only one who hasn't joined yet. It wouldn't let me do a 3 month challenge, so I just did it for this month and will probably make it a recurring monthly challenge moving forward. Good luck everyone!

If anyone new would like to start joining the challenges @Heath @tvham @Ginormousthumbs @nolalady @Bohnjaggs just let me know, the more the merrier!

I created the new challenge a couple days ago, and sent invites to everyone that participated in the last challenge. It looks like @Kris is the only one who hasn't joined yet. It wouldn't let me do a 3 month challenge, so I just did it for this month and will probably make it a recurring monthly challenge moving forward. Good luck everyone!

If anyone new would like to start joining the challenges @Heath @tvham @Ginormousthumbs @nolalady @Bohnjaggs just let me know, the more the merrier!
I’m in now! Thank you.

thank you for keeping these challenges ongoing!
it's fun to have a group of teammates to follow and to be motivated by!
keep up the great work everybody!

Sure, go ahead and invite me and I’ll see if there’s a way for me to log my peloton rides there. Thanks!

Back