Fitness!

I've been so busy this month and out of town for most of it, so I apologize for the delay, but congrats to @Kris for being the first to finally take down @debianlinux! Here were the standings for this challenge:

1. @Kris - 2d:16h:54m:28s
2. @debianlinux - 2d:8h:33m:00s
3. @panino - 1d:11h:41m:14s
4. @RowBearToe - 12h:39m:06s
5. @Memo - 12h:00m:36s
6. @LeSamourai - 7h:51m:47s
7. @trickyseven - 6h:14m:16s
8. @Bohnjaggs - 2h:51m:08s

We logged 8.28 days of workouts, 421 miles and burned 119,369 calories. Way to go guys!

I'm sure you've all seen the email noting that Endomondo is no longer going to be supported after the first of the year. So that will be our last Endo challenge. I've tried out the other Under Armour app, MapMyRun and enjoy it so I'm going to switch over to that. They have a sync feature that will allow you to sync everything from Endo to MapMyRun seamlessly. That being said I know everyone just signed up for Endo this year and may not want to sign up for another site. Is there interest in keeping this going on the new site? I can set similar challenges up there. Let me know!

I'm sure you've all seen the email noting that Endomondo is no longer going to be supported after the first of the year. So that will be our last Endo challenge. I've tried out the other Under Armour app, MapMyRun and enjoy it so I'm going to switch over to that. They have a sync feature that will allow you to sync everything from Endo to MapMyRun seamlessly. That being said I know everyone just signed up for Endo this year and may not want to sign up for another site. Is there interest in keeping this going on the new site? I can set similar challenges up there. Let me know!
I have a mapmyrun account from years ago that appears to still work.

I'm happy to keep the challenge going, and have no problem to sign up for another site.

Alright, since there seems to be interest I'll set up a new challenge! Starting challenges in MapMyRun is different than Endomondo. With Endo I could create a challenge without inviting anyone and then send the link out. MMR wants me to invite at least one friend in order to create it. Who wants to be my challenge creation friend?haha Secondly, Endo would let me create it on November 11th, but have the challenge start November 1st and include all of the past workouts in that timeframe. Unfortunately, MMR doesn't let you do it retroactively so it will only start on the day it's created. Once I have a friend on MMR I'll start this month's challenge and I'll probably go ahead and start the next one too so it starts on time. Sorry for the delay and confusion this time around!

My man @LeSamourai added me as a friend and we got the challenge started. Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't even invite you to the challenge unless we're friends. So if you want to join, shoot me a DM and we'll get everything straight. Sorry for how difficult it is this time around!

The Needles & Grooves Holiday Season Challenge goes from now through the end of the year. The new website is mapmyrun.com. If you'd like to join the challenge, please DM me your email address so I can search and add you as a friend and invite you to the challenge. Unfortunately that's the only way it works right now, but I've put in a feature request asking for it to work like Endo did since they're both UA apps.

Speaking of both being UA apps, if you had Endo and want to save that data, you can sync all of your workouts from Endo to MapMyRun very easily. In Endo go to your account settings, click the Connect tab and click connect under MapMyFitness. After you select connect, slide the toggle to have it sync past workouts and it happens seamlessly.

Create an account, join in the challenge, and stay active this holiday season!

Last edited:
I've been so busy this month and out of town for most of it, so I apologize for the delay, but congrats to @Kris for being the first to finally take down @debianlinux! Here were the standings for this challenge:

1. @Kris - 2d:16h:54m:28s
2. @debianlinux - 2d:8h:33m:00s
3. @panino - 1d:11h:41m:14s
4. @RowBearToe - 12h:39m:06s
5. @Memo - 12h:00m:36s
6. @LeSamourai - 7h:51m:47s
7. @trickyseven - 6h:14m:16s
8. @Bohnjaggs - 2h:51m:08s

We logged 8.28 days of workouts, 421 miles and burned 119,369 calories. Way to go guys!
Late to the game, but great job on the challenge everyone, you all brought it! Looking forward to the next one, thanks for setting up @RowBearToe!

Late to the game, but great job on the challenge everyone, you all brought it! Looking forward to the next one, thanks for setting up @RowBearToe!

No problem, I love the challenges and am glad you guys enjoy them too! Be sure to sign up for MapMyRun and get me your info so you can join in on the next one!

Can you use mapmyrun for walking? I know there is a mapmywalk app but I’m assuming they don’t talk.

Can you use mapmyrun for walking? I know there is a mapmywalk app but I’m assuming they don’t talk.

I've used it for running. It's pretty sweet for that. A walk is like running except slower so I see zero reason it wouldn't work. It even tracks miles on your specific shoes.
Yeah, you can use it for walking and they have a lot of other activities to choose from as well. Despite the name it's not just for running.

Ok, workout kids. I’m thinking about getting a rowing machine to help with my rehab as the weather starts turning to crap. Any of you own one/use one/have any thoughts about them?
I've been thinking of getting a compact rowing machine or a compact stationary bike. I need something for cardio that are low impact because I get really bad joint pain after hard exercises.

Any more takers for the new MapMyRun any activity active hours challenge? Where are my regulars at?! @Kris @panino @Memo @trickyseven @Bohnjaggs @nolalady (@debianlinux you haven't finished joining yet either). @Corycm @Bull Shannon @wokeupnew @Lord Diaper Baby @Heath @POGunter @ByersVinyl @blissfullychaotic @agutierrezb interested? You should all join, the challenges are a lot of fun and the more the merrier!
I am logging and we are friends. I have no idea how to join a challenge. I see a challenges tab but only some global running challenge thing in there.

Any more takers for the new MapMyRun any activity active hours challenge? Where are my regulars at?! @Kris @panino @Memo @trickyseven @Bohnjaggs @nolalady (@debianlinux you haven't finished joining yet either). @Corycm @Bull Shannon @wokeupnew @Lord Diaper Baby @Heath @POGunter @ByersVinyl @blissfullychaotic @agutierrezb interested? You should all join, the challenges are a lot of fun and the more the merrier!
Whatzis now? Is there a post I should see for what this is/how to do? I like things.

I will try. I need to start wearing my fit bit again....which means I need to find my fitbit....

same as @debianlinux
I'm logged in but cannot see how to join the N&G challenge
(no idea how to find friends either... what name are you under?)

need help!

Back