Fitness!

Final weekend of the challenge and there are quite a few close races. Get out there and finish strong! (I'm coming for you @Bohnjaggs haha)

Also, I set up the next challenge and tried out making it a recurring challenge for the first time so we'll see how that goes. I selected monthly but it looks like it runs Feb-Mar. I've invited all of you to that one so go ahead and join! And I'm assuming there will be automatic invites for the next one, but we'll figure that out in April haha

Final weekend of the challenge and there are quite a few close races. Get out there and finish strong! (I'm coming for you @Bohnjaggs haha)

Also, I set up the next challenge and tried out making it a recurring challenge for the first time so we'll see how that goes. I selected monthly but it looks like it runs Feb-Mar. I've invited all of you to that one so go ahead and join! And I'm assuming there will be automatic invites for the next one, but we'll figure that out in April haha

Just joined the new challenge. Since getting the Apple Watch, I've been doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.

As dumb as it sounds my wife and I have been burning the most calories by playing Just Dance on the Switch. Over 600 songs to choose from and I definitely work up a sweat, and feel it in my abs, arms, legs, etc.

Also going on outside walks/runs and occasionally still doing Ring Fit as well. I'm down a couple more lbs overall since I last posted.

Just joined the new challenge. Since getting the Apple Watch, I've been doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.

As dumb as it sounds my wife and I have been burning the most calories by playing Just Dance on the Switch. Over 600 songs to choose from and I definitely work up a sweat, and feel it in my abs, arms, legs, etc.

Also going on outside walks/runs and occasionally still doing Ring Fit as well. I'm down a couple more lbs overall since I last posted.

Awesome! Gonna be tough for me to catch you then. I'm planning on running today and Sunday, but we have a winter storm coming through on Sunday so we'll see how that one goes haha.

We got a switch for our kids for Christmas and Just Dance is definitely a workout haha I love it!

I’ve been playing Just Dance too! My minutes are so low because I can’t get motivated to go outside to walk when it’s so cold. I’m trying to get my wife to play Just Dance with me so I don’t have as much trouble getting the tv, haha.

I’ve been playing Just Dance too! My minutes are so low because I can’t get motivated to go outside to walk when it’s so cold. I’m trying to get my wife to play Just Dance with me so I don’t have as much trouble getting the tv, haha.

Honestly, I would log those Just Dance hours. The challenge is active minutes. I would definitely consider that being active if you're getting the whole body moving (and not cheating and sitting on the couch moving your arms like my 12 year old does haha)

Honestly, I would log those Just Dance hours. The challenge is active minutes. I would definitely consider that being active if you're getting the whole body moving (and not cheating and sitting on the couch moving your arms like my 12 year old does haha)
Yeah, I have been logging them. I sweat enough that my watch calls them active minutes. I should have bought it for the Switch, then I could play upstairs.

so I'm not sure if it's a glitch and will correct itself, but it's currently showing the hours I should've logged but not what I actually did in January ha

it says 17~ hours for me in the challenge, but I'm pretty sure mine is closer to 10.

My favorite workout is my Zumba class. I try to make at least 2 classes a week for Zumba, one class for yoga and at least one weight training session. Dancing is such a good workout and it's really fun to do.

Ok guys. I think I’m in like with this Ring Fit Adventure. I did a combo of selected exercises and also the 1st level of the adventure. This is the kind of child-like entertainment I need to help me exercise because I’m a grown ass child.

I’d also like to add that i weighed myself on 1/2 and that darn scale said 267. I tightened up my eating with strictly egg whites for breakfast and meal prepped lunches consisting of grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli and red bell peppers. Leaving me a little more flexibility for dinners but not going overboard. Until today my only exercising were my 30 minute walks during my lunch breaks.
Weighed in this morning at 259. I have a digital scale so I always do 3, sometimes 4 weigh-ins to make sure I get some sort of accuracy. So thanks to this thread and the challenges for the springboard 😁

Ok guys. I think I’m in like with this Ring Fit Adventure. I did a combo of selected exercises and also the 1st level of the adventure. This is the kind of child-like entertainment I need to help me exercise because I’m a grown ass child.

I’d also like to add that i weighed myself on 1/2 and that darn scale said 267. I tightened up my eating with strictly egg whites for breakfast and meal prepped lunches consisting of grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli and red bell peppers. Leaving me a little more flexibility for dinners but not going overboard. Until today my only exercising were my 30 minute walks during my lunch breaks.
Weighed in this morning at 259. I have a digital scale so I always do 3, sometimes 4 weigh-ins to make sure I get some sort of accuracy. So thanks to this thread and the challenges for the springboard 😁
For weighing it’s generally best to just do once at the same time under the same circumstances. For best results I’d suggest first thing rolling out of bed after taking care of the morning business before breakfast. Do it nude. Not only will you be your lightest then but produce very consistent results.

If you’re rapidly losing then regular weighing can be motivational. Once you plateau consider once or twice a week on the same days each week. At this point I weigh every six to eight weeks or whenever it seems prudent to check. I rarely move more than a pound from target weight, though.

For weighing it’s generally best to just do once at the same time under the same circumstances. For best results I’d suggest first thing rolling out of bed after taking care of the morning business before breakfast. Do it nude. Not only will you be your lightest then but produce very consistent results.

If you’re rapidly losing then regular weighing can be motivational. Once you plateau consider once or twice a week on the same days each week. At this point I weigh every six to eight weeks or whenever it seems prudent to check. I rarely move more than a pound from target weight, though.
Yep. I always weigh in the a.m before I go potty. I’ll have to throw in the nude part. When I first started my exercise journey a couple of years ago, I would hit the scale every two weeks but once a month is fine with me. The main thing for me is to keep up my mental motivation and so far the thread and challenges are helping me.

in case anybody's surprised about my numbers for January (I'm registered as Cristiano)....
I have added my dog walks (over 2K only) to my regular running, which has also increased (200Km running in January)!

It also helps that here in Ireland lockdown remains quite strict and there's a limit of 5 Km mobility from the place of residence.
Due to this forced and prolonged cabin fever, I find myself out of the house (within the allowed distance) at every opportunity, which gets duly documented in my Strava and therefore gives me a great advantage in our challenge!

and bravo to all that have participated.
It doesn't matter that it is 10 minutes or 10 hours, once you start being active you are already on the winning Team!

let's keep it going!!!!!

in case anybody's surprised about my numbers for January (I'm registered as Cristiano)....
I have added my dog walks (over 2K only) to my regular running, which has also increased (200Km running in January)!

It also helps that here in Ireland lockdown remains quite strict and there's a limit of 5 Km mobility from the place of residence.
Due to this forced and prolonged cabin fever, I find myself out of the house (within the allowed distance) at every opportunity, which gets duly documented in my Strava and therefore gives me a great advantage in our challenge!

and bravo to all that have participated.
It doesn't matter that it is 10 minutes or 10 hours, once you start being active you are already on the winning Team!

let's keep it going!!!!!
Meanwhile, @tvham dropping big numbers and just posting about drinking sparkling water...

I forgot to add my final 2 hours before the end of the month, but there was no chance of me winning anyway thanks to all y'all being so extra so I'll survive :)

It was a fun experiment, but I don't think MapMyRun is a fit for me so I'm gonna bow out of future challenges. It's too much of a pain remembering to put in my workouts, after I already have them in Apple Health, and Peloton, and Strava, and PowerZonePack, and mPaceLine, and and and... lol. If there's a way for me to have them automatically pull workouts from Health or something, that doesn't require me to pay, then someone please enlighten me, otherwise good luck everyone!

If you're anything like me, I would suggest that you add more fat into your diet. Eggs are great and their yolks are where all the nutrients are. For me, it doesn't matter how much steamed broccoli or egg whites I eat, if I don't decrease my carb intake, I don't lose weight. Healthy fats keep you fuller longer and help you steer clear of carb bombs.

Back