Fitness!

I am logging and we are friends. I have no idea how to join a challenge. I see a challenges tab but only some global running challenge thing in there.

I sent you an invite to the challenge. I had been using the app exclusively, but am now realizing that for some reason you can't see the challenge thread on their website. Doesn't make sense to me, but if you open challenges in the app, you should see the one I invited you to? If not, please let me know!

Whatzis now? Is there a post I should see for what this is/how to do? I like things.

We've been doing active minutes challenges for most of the year. So any activity (running, walking, biking, weight lifting, row machine, yoga, etc.) log your time and see how you stack up against fellow N&Gers! Here is the first post for this challenge: Fitness! but let me know if you have any questions!

I will try. I need to start wearing my fit bit again....which means I need to find my fitbit....

Good luck finding it!haha

same as @debianlinux
I'm logged in but cannot see how to join the N&G challenge
(no idea how to find friends either... what name are you under?)

need help!

Unfortunately with this app you can only join a challenge by being directly invited by a friend. So first we need to be friends (high five emoji), then I can invite you to the challenge and you can join. Send me a DM either with your email address or asking for mine and we'll get everything squared away. Thanks!

Ok so I'm realizing there are a few nuances here that make this a little more difficult than Endo was. Here's some additional info for the challenge. I know it's a bit of a pain in the ass, but it'll be worth it, I promise! These challenges are a lot of fun and even more fun the more people we have, so please join!

1. We've moved over from Endomondo to MapMyRun because Endo is being shut down. It is very easy to have all of your Endo workouts automatically transferred to MMR. If you want some step by step instructions for this, please just reach out to me.
2. In order to join a challenge you have to be invited by a friend. So first we need to be friends. In order to search for friends you can only search full name or email address, username doesn't work. So please send me a DM with your email address or I can send you mind if you're not comfortable with that and we'll link up.
3. After we're friends I will invite you to the challenge and you just have to accept it to join.
4. Viewing challenges (other than the main big one sponsored by MMR) doesn't work on the website, so you have to use the app to view them.

If you need help with anything at all please reach out and I'll help you get everything straight. Future challenges will be much easier, as I'll already be friends with everyone and can invite you more easily. Sorry for the up front challenges here!

Also, I received a friend request from a Kelly B but didn't send my info to anyone else. Did one of you find me another way and add me? If so, I'll accept and add you to the challenge, please let me know!

Ok so I'm realizing there are a few nuances here that make this a little more difficult than Endo was. Here's some additional info for the challenge. I know it's a bit of a pain in the ass, but it'll be worth it, I promise! These challenges are a lot of fun and even more fun the more people we have, so please join!

1. We've moved over from Endomondo to MapMyRun because Endo is being shut down. It is very easy to have all of your Endo workouts automatically transferred to MMR. If you want some step by step instructions for this, please just reach out to me.
2. In order to join a challenge you have to be invited by a friend. So first we need to be friends. In order to search for friends you can only search full name or email address, username doesn't work. So please send me a DM with your email address or I can send you mind if you're not comfortable with that and we'll link up.
3. After we're friends I will invite you to the challenge and you just have to accept it to join.
4. Viewing challenges (other than the main big one sponsored by MMR) doesn't work on the website, so you have to use the app to view them.

If you need help with anything at all please reach out and I'll help you get everything straight. Future challenges will be much easier, as I'll already be friends with everyone and can invite you more easily. Sorry for the up front challenges here!
I'll be your friend! DM coming.

Does this thingy require a fitness tracker?

I am friends with @RowBearToe, I didn't see anything else under challenges though. If this stuff is coming via email that might be why I am missing it. If it's all in app then it's either not happening for me or I am not looking in the right places.

so wait- I don't have to run or walk to participate? I can just do my own weird shit?

because then I'm game.

Yes, weird shit is encouraged haha. Sign up for MapMyRun and DM me your email address and I'll get you added!

I am friends with @RowBearToe, I didn't see anything else under challenges though. If this stuff is coming via email that might be why I am missing it. If it's all in app then it's either not happening for me or I am not looking in the right places.

Since I've only been sending invites and not receiving them, I'm not entirely sure what that process looks like. Maybe @LeSamourai or @Kris can help with how they received the notification of the invitation to join the challenge and accepted it? Please note if you used the app or the web because those seem to be different. For me, when I'm in the app I select the trophy icon at the bottom of the screen, then select the my challenges tab at the top of that page, and the N&G challenge shows up there. I would think maybe the invites show up there as well? Or maybe in notifications (bell icon) at the top? When I'm using the website, I can't see the N&G challenge at all for some reason. I'm sorry this isn't working out, hopefully we can get it figured out for you!

Since I've only been sending invites and not receiving them, I'm not entirely sure what that process looks like. Maybe @LeSamourai or @Kris can help with how they received the notification of the invitation to join the challenge and accepted it? Please note if you used the app or the web because those seem to be different. For me, when I'm in the app I select the trophy icon at the bottom of the screen, then select the my challenges tab at the top of that page, and the N&G challenge shows up there. I would think maybe the invites show up there as well? Or maybe in notifications (bell icon) at the top? When I'm using the website, I can't see the N&G challenge at all for some reason. I'm sorry this isn't working out, hopefully we can get it figured out for you!
Yeah, when I said app I meant web browser. I can look into an app.

Was able to join challenge from app. Even after joining still don’t see challenge in browser. Weird.

Yeah, mine's the same way. Can't see the challenge at all from the browser. Totally weird. Glad you were able to join! Sorry for the difficulties!

Back