February 2021 Challenge (& Raffle)

Fri 26 – ‘Ow much? Part II
Play your most expensive record, and reveal how much it cost you – if you dare.

Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview

99D4A32F-7396-410C-B02D-EE52F4B08828.jpeg

I am usually in the mindset of just waiting it out for a repress for most albums (otherwise I would have bought the Wrens record for $150 a long time ago). Removing all the box sets and deluxe sets, this one came immediately to mind because it shocked me how quickly I bought this ($50) without giving it a second thought.

Last edited:
Sat 27 – Sommerferie
February is renowned for being dark and cold, so it’s important to dream. Play the sunniest album you have.

Saturday Looks Good To Me - All Your Summer Songs

69558F8F-B464-440C-825F-6C11207F9458.jpeg

This record is an absolute masterpiece and is appropriately titled. It feels like sitting out in the backyard in the summer, drinking margaritas and listening to commercial free AM radio

Sun 21 – Wow me!

Various — Into The Spider-Verse Soundtrack

A6F1DA9F-7D8A-4B87-AA81-1A64963D493B.jpeg

ITSV was one of my favorite movies and I was lucky to snag a copy of the soundtrack w/ lenticular cover at the last RSD stop I went to that year. Accompanied by the PS5 Miles Morales game. I’ve been realizing since Miles got huge just how much music is incorporated into his character, and I’m here for it.

Thurs 25 – Screaming banshee
Spin something by your favourite vocalist.

Welp, I don't have a copy of Explores Your Mind to appropriately play Take Me to The River (covered by The Talking Heads on More Songs About Buildings an Food, yadda yadda yadda).
So I'm going with this killer comp.
Al's voice makes me want to hug people and I'm not a people person.

34CD9AFD-DD64-4FD2-A88B-19B0E18602F4.jpeg

Wed 24 – Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin released one of my most prized albums 55 years ago today. Play something by them (or some other classic rock).

As all the 4 Led Zeppelin albums I have are already played, I take "Baggers banquet", the classic Rolling Stones album.

View attachment 89741

And this is a picture of me with the won t- shirt from the January challenge. It looks great. Thanks again so much to @imtheocean for sending this out to me in Germany, very much appreciated. :) The Casbah is a great small music club in San Diego.

View attachment 89742
That is a fantastic shirt.

Day 26 - ‘Ow much pt II

Like many here I try not exceed 50 bucks for a single record. I haven’t done so yet (unless you count In Rainbows, which I don’t since it’s a box with CDs and art), but it’s getting harder and harder to stick to a $50 limit. Anyway, here’s one I paid $50 for:

D3FA3EC7-528D-4E21-99A9-08C80AC1A1A6.jpeg

Mon 22 – I can’t wait

Moses Sumney — græ

53AC9F42-A551-43F8-A013-8B2181A1BD47.jpeg

I’ve already seen him once (at an intimate venue called Parish in Austin, Tx), and it was one of the best shows I’ve seen live. Looking forward to Moses performing this album live (and hoping I can get him to sign it after).

Fri 26 – ‘Ow much? Part II
Play your most expensive record, and reveal how much it cost you – if you dare.

Similar to @Rip_City I try to avoid spending more than around 55€ including shipping for a single or double lp. I rather wait for a repress or go with the standard version.
One of my most expensive purchases is the Analogue Pressing of The Doors great album "LA Woman". Worth the amount, it sounds amazing.

IMG_20210227_083308.jpg

Sat 27 – Sommerferie
February is renowned for being dark and cold, so it’s important to dream. Play the sunniest album you have

Awesome compilation from David Byrne's Luaka Bop label, sunny and super danceable, my teenage son is in the other room playing a videogame and moving his head to this one.

72604BE4-E134-4DF8-8521-581C41237CD6.jpeg

Day 27: Sommerferie
February is renowned for being dark and cold, so it’s important to dream. Play the sunniest album you have.
Jens Lekman - Oh You’re So Silent Jens
804764FF-692F-4283-8E1B-304071DF1440.jpeg

This album covers lots of seasons tonally but I mainly was thinking about this when I chose this LP...

Any song with an opening line of; “
Oh, I still remember "Regulate" with Warren G, Could that have been back in the sweet summer of 1993?”, will forever be included on all of my “Summer Jamz” playlists until the very end.

Last edited:
Wed 24 – Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin released one of my most prized albums 55 years ago today. Play something by them (or some other classic rock).

As all the 4 Led Zeppelin albums I have are already played, I take "Baggers banquet", the classic Rolling Stones album.

View attachment 89741

And this is a picture of me with the won t- shirt from the January challenge. It looks great. Thanks again so much to @imtheocean for sending this out to me in Germany, very much appreciated. :) The Casbah is a great small music club in San Diego.

View attachment 89742

LOVE the shirt... awesome prize! Congrats!

Back