February 2021 Challenge (& Raffle)

Sun 28 – Shortest month

James Blackshaw - Holly

This is technically an EP but I've never really thought of it as one. One long song per side, and my introduction to one of my favourite guitarists, this is a really beautiful piece of music.

PXL_20210228_154719617.jpg

Thanks for hosting this month, @Poly-Rythmo! And everyone else for playing along. Always enjoy seeing what people are spinning and reading their stories.

Day 28: Shortest month
Play your shortest album (in terms of number of songs, total playing time, length of one song, whatever).
Fugazi - 7 Songs
2D6EECC3-3116-48B9-975D-30FE01629040.jpegI just got this and it clocks in at a svelte 23:06 and yeah it’s just an EP but it’s also rips and like I said, I just got it and wanted an excuse to give it a spin.

Wed 24 – Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin released one of my most prized albums 55 years ago today. Play something by them (or some other classic rock).

As all the 4 Led Zeppelin albums I have are already played, I take "Baggers banquet", the classic Rolling Stones album.

View attachment 89741

And this is a picture of me with the won t- shirt from the January challenge. It looks great. Thanks again so much to @imtheocean for sending this out to me in Germany, very much appreciated. :) The Casbah is a great small music club in San Diego.

View attachment 89742
Awesome! Glad it arrived safely!

Day 27 – Sommerferie
February is renowned for being dark and cold, so it’s important to dream. Play the sunniest album you have.

It's nice and sunny at the beach right? It certainly is here today. And the tour for this album was celebratory, one of the best I've seen.

Gorillaz ~ Plastic Beach

1614530560891.png

Day 28: Shortest Month

Going with "Is it over already?" as my definition of shortest. This is one of those albums that ends way too quick. A great recording of an intimate performance. I'd love an expanded version with the full show, I find myself flipping back to side A when it ends.

Band of Horses ~ Acoustic at the Ryman

1614534013316.png

Everybody finishing up here, don’t forget to follow the March Challenge, @LeeVing is going to take us through March like a lion.

Sun 28 – Shortest month
Play your shortest album (in terms of number of songs, total playing time, length of one song, whatever)

Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand the Rain

I think this is the shortest album I have, after excluding EPs, clocking in at under 28 minutes.

20200914_174806-jpg.66245

And, a big thanks to @Poly-Rythmo !!!

Day 28 - Shortest month

This seems to make it into every monthly challenge for me. It’s 15 minutes long - each song abruptly stops after one minute. It’s kind of equally maddening and amazing how well it actually works.

6E4EAE9C-523B-40E7-9B28-F0826A116A66.jpeg

Back