Feature requests?

I voted with the reaction to your post.

giphy.gif

each time I use it, I feel like the "wow" emoji should be renamed "oh no!" because sometimes saying "wow" to something makes you sound like a callous jerk

Having latest posts rise to the top of subscribed posts; is that like a thing nobody wants or it's just too hard to make happen or what?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean.

The above URL shows all your subscribed threads, latest on top. Is that what you mean?
That is the URL I am referring to. Threads only move to the top when I respond to them. If others respond to a thread it becomes bold but stays in position; a position that becomes lower as I respond to different threads. The end result is a page's worth of bolded/unread threads spread across 3 pages of thread listings separated by a bunch of already read threads. I would rather that threads with new responses (regardless who made them) rise to the top of my subscriptions listing based on when they were last responded to (which is how pretty much every other forum I have ever used works).

Capture.JPG

In my suggested way of working all the bolded threads would be grouped together at the top, including the ones that are now found on pages 2 and 3 (the actual problem).

Mine are sorted by most recent reply by anyone. The bolding goes away if I click on them, which is independent of most recent reply.

View attachment 45637
So, you're saying when someone not you replies to the Covid-19 thread in your example there it will jump to the top of the thread listing? In mine it would stay put and just become bold.

So, you're saying when someone not you replies to the Covid-19 thread in your example there it will jump to the top of the thread listing? In mine it would stay put and just become bold.
Yep. See how it's in order of minutes since last reply? I haven't replied to some of those threads in quite a while.

Yep. See how it's in order of minutes since last reply? I haven't replied to some of those threads in quite a while.
I haven’t been able to get it to sort for me like that. It’s been my biggest peeve on this site as it was my main way of reading threads at the old place. Maybe I missed something but mine is like @debianlinux

I haven’t been able to get it to sort for me like that. It’s been my biggest peeve on this site as it was my main way of reading threads at the old place. Maybe I missed something but mine is like @debianlinux
That's strange. I'm not aware of any settings that can be changed from the user end. Mine has always been like that. Do you guys not see the time of last reply when you are using it like in my screen shot?

That's strange. I'm not aware of any settings that can be changed from the user end. Mine has always been like that. Do you guys not see the time of last reply when you are using it like in my screen shot?
Oh I have time of last reply but after something’s been read, it doesn’t drop below the unread ones. It stays in position. I want all unread watched threads on top and read ones below.

Oh I have time of last reply but after something’s been read, it doesn’t drop below the unread ones. It stays in position. I want all unread watched threads on top and read ones below.
That's what mine does. My understanding of what Deb was saying is that his threads only move to the top if he responds to them and therefore aren't in order of most recent reply. The only bolded ones that I have that are on the 2nd or 3rd page are threads no one has responded to in a while and I haven't clicked on them since before then.

I may have misunderstood though.

Back