Feature requests?

Is there any way we could add support for tenor gifs as well as giphy? I find that a lot of times I'm looking for gifs, good ones from tenor come up but it doesn't exist on giphy.

I have no idea what the complication involved in that request is, but figured I'd ask just in case.

Are other gif hosting sites supported that I'm unaware of?

Is there any way we could add support for tenor gifs as well as giphy? I find that a lot of times I'm looking for gifs, good ones from tenor come up but it doesn't exist on giphy.

I have no idea what the complication involved in that request is, but figured I'd ask just in case.

Are other gif hosting sites supported that I'm unaware of?

Are you talking about having it auto recognize a URL and show the picture?

You could go to the insert picture button on the rich text editor, and then click link, and copy and paste the link here to insert the gif as a picture.

1598484359868.png

As for adding auto embeds, that would require writing a script based on their API. Which I can look into, but I don't have an time to play around with that until Labor Day Weekend.

Are you talking about having it auto recognize a URL and show the picture?

You could go to the insert picture button on the rich text editor, and then click link, and copy and paste the link here to insert the gif as a picture.

View attachment 63203

As for adding auto embeds, that would require writing a script based on their API. Which I can look into, but I don't have an time to play around with that until Labor Day Weekend.
Ohh. I had tried the method you just described, but I used the link that tenor gives me when I click the link symbol on their site and it didn't work. If I right click and copy the actual gif address, it works. Thanks!

tenor.gif

For Halloween could we have floating bats 🦇, pumpkins , or spiders 🕷️ crawl across the screen like what was done with snowflakes last holiday season?

I honestly can't remember if this was done or not, a minimum post count to post in Buy/Sell/Trade.
I think that using someone's points would be a good way to go. With points you have to have a certain number of posts AND likes and such to show that you are posting content that people find useful.

For example, only allow new threads to be started by people that are "Well-Known Member" point level.

Last edited:
Every time a 1 post member lists something for sale I'm bumping this.........no offence to any of the 1 post members.

Weve had issues with 1 post members in the euro PiF thread before too. That whole sub-forum should be locked until a minimum of 50 posts or some kinda min points tally before it’s accessible.

Last edited:
The silence is deafening
The Snarky Reply: We’re working on it.

Weve had issues with 1 post members in the euro PiF thread before too. That whole sub-forum should be locked until a minimum of 50 posts or some kinda min points tally before it’s accessible.
The Non-Snark Version: Limiting certain sub-forums to post count is proving more difficult on the back end than it sounds like it should be. So we are discussing workarounds that are more immediate if the former tactic renders itself impossible.

The Snarky Reply: We’re working on it.

The Non-Snark Version: Limiting certain sub-forums to post count is proving more difficult on the back end than it sounds like it should be. So we are discussing workarounds that are more immediate if the former tactic renders itself impossible.

Thanks! The update is really appreciated. No snark there, honest!

Back