Feature requests?

Something changed recently. It used to be that if I got an alert about somebody liking my post, I could click that notification and it would take me to that post. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, it changed and now that action only takes me to the first page of that thread.

Not really a feature request but I'm interested in site analytics. Such as busiest time of day, highest users online, and other need interesting info. Any way to see that?

Something changed recently. It used to be that if I got an alert about somebody liking my post, I could click that notification and it would take me to that post. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, it changed and now that action only takes me to the first page of that thread.
It's an apparent bug with the most recent XenForo upgrade and, although there hasn't been a resolution, it's been reported.

I think the previously offered rationale was that it’s just one more thing to moderate.

There aren't that many people that would request this. Yes, there are hundreds of members here. But ACTIVE members? Far less. And then members that would want this? Even less.

Establish parameters and "rules". 1 request to have this done per year. Don't be a jerk. Etc.

So I'm still not seeing the issue.

There aren't that many people that would request this. Yes, there are hundreds of members here. But ACTIVE members? Far less. And then members that would want this? Even less.

Establish parameters and "rules". 1 request to have this done per year. Don't be a jerk. Etc.

Don’t shoot the archivist:

When the forum started, and weeks into it, we discussed ad nauseum about allowing this feature and ultimately decided it'd just be another unnecessary facet to moderate. I don't see it changing anytime soon but I also wouldn't say it's completely off the table either.

Just another way to keep the commoners at bay.

I rip and I rhyme, I rhyme and I rip, this is the way that Melty spits.

I use the angry face in that regard. I think there’s a reason behind why Facebook did the same instead of a thumbs down. Decrease direct negativity and all that I guess.
Hmmm, I feel like the thumbs down button would in general be less negative than the anger emotion. A thumbs down would be more passive.
Would better convey the 'I don't like this' rather than 'This makes me angry'

I use the angry face in that regard. I think there’s a reason behind why Facebook did the same instead of a thumbs down. Decrease direct negativity and all that I guess.
Or at least, if you feel like you need to express negativity, form an actual thought behind it and engage. If somebody's gonna drop a turd on a post they should say why, IMO. I think negativity that doesn't require any effort is going to breed more negativity.

Hmmm, I feel like the thumbs down button would in general be less negative than the anger emotion. A thumbs down would be more passive.
Would better convey the 'I don't like this' rather than 'This makes me angry'
Yeah, thumbs down could be an I disagree with option, but of course that’s all up to interpretation. Who knows what would really happen when things got heated and people resort to bullying by way of emoticons.

Back