Everything Video Games!

Just grabbed both the Cowabunga Collection AND No Man’s Sky for switch for $60 collectively. Always good to patiently wait on BF prices and treat yo self.
Update : price matched no man’s sky to $19

Merry Christmas to myself ! So now $40 collectively for cowabunga collection and NMS

Holy butt! Don't know if this has been discussed but I see that Hades II is being advertised on the Steam store (can't buy, only add to wishlist; date still TBD).

I don't follow "industry" news so I may very well be way behind the power curve. With that said, Hades is one of my top games (indie, AAA, whatever) of the last few years or so. Extremely high replay value and just a (mythical) monster of a game.

Looks interesting - gameplay footage looks familiar, as does the look of the world/characters. However, it does look slightly tweaked (progressed?) so that is cool. If I'm correct, this is the first sequel Supergiant has done so I hope they keep the momentum and what worked in the first, while presenting variety and progression.

Don't know how I feel about the main character not being Zagreus, but I do hope that he makes at LEAST a cameo. But, if SG's past storytelling is any indication, I look forward to meeting this new character and the relationships that get uncovered.

Anyone playing Darktide?

I've played Vermintide for years so I was on board with this. I'm not really into Warhammer 40K (or Warhammer, in general) but my career field does attract a lot of nerds so I did watch a 50-min explainer vid that gave me a lot of lore/background.

It's good. Not great. The levels are repetitive and lack individuality. Sure, Vermintide is map traversal as well but the different maps actually felt, well, DIFFERENT. The gameplay isn't too bad although the melee combat doesn't feel as satisfying as Vermintide (sorry, gonna have to keep making that comparison as that's the game that brought me to Darktide; but TBF they are pretty different games aside from the whole 4-player team and different playable classes).

I'm mostly playing on Malice (intermediate difficulty) as I build my first class (vet sharpshooter). The game still needs a lot of refinement but it's not a lost cause.

A buddy gifted me Ghost Song on Steam and it's very good. If you're into Metroidvanias, and enjoyed the tone of Hollow Knight, you'd love this game.

Started this one a few days ago. Figured I'd knock a few quicker titles out before fully diving into Persona 5 Royal. Love the atmosphere of the game and the mystery around it. Brutally difficult at points, especially with the boss battles. Only one I did first try was the girl that threw the spiked ball at me, every other boss so far has handed my ass multiple times before I figured it out. I'm on the lightning boss now and struggling a bit. Maybe not supposed to be here, but also stupidly went in with a lot of the currency in tow. You think I would have learned after doing the same thing with the boss that has the big skull he flings around (I'm bad with names) but NOPE going to power through!

Almost miss the day and age when level design this busted could make it through play testing. Almost.
It’s not even that hard objectively. It’s just the way Crash moves is so clumsy, the slightest of touches moves him a lot and there is not a lot of space on each platform, if you’re just a few pixels too far ahead or behind you fall. There’s no safe buffer. It’s finite between dying and not dying. You basically have only one way to beat a level and you have to follow a certain path or route with timing otherwise you’re fucked.

It’s not even that hard objectively. It’s just the way Crash moves is so clumsy, the slightest of touches moves him a lot and there is not a lot of space on each platform, if you’re just a few pixels too far ahead or behind you fall. There’s no safe buffer. It’s finite between dying and not dying. You basically have only one way to beat a level and you have to follow a certain path or route with timing otherwise you’re fucked.
Didn't they also patch the exploit where you could run on the ropes in the remaster?

Started this one a few days ago. Figured I'd knock a few quicker titles out before fully diving into Persona 5 Royal. Love the atmosphere of the game and the mystery around it. Brutally difficult at points, especially with the boss battles. Only one I did first try was the girl that threw the spiked ball at me, every other boss so far has handed my ass multiple times before I figured it out. I'm on the lightning boss now and struggling a bit. Maybe not supposed to be here, but also stupidly went in with a lot of the currency in tow. You think I would have learned after doing the same thing with the boss that has the big skull he flings around (I'm bad with names) but NOPE going to power through!
I beat it the other day. For a game I got for free from a friend, I loved it. I played it on the casual difficulty level so if I ran into an issue with a boss it was usually just a matter of finding the right weapon for them or the right strat. I was stuck on the Ogre (the big chain head guy) for a while, but when I got the right weapon he was cake. Collecting all the modules, weapons, heart chambers, and seeds took the most of my time. I missed a couple achievements, but I'm happy with what I did.

I beat it the other day. For a game I got for free from a friend, I loved it. I played it on the casual difficulty level so if I ran into an issue with a boss it was usually just a matter of finding the right weapon for them or the right strat. I was stuck on the Ogre (the big chain head guy) for a while, but when I got the right weapon he was cake. Collecting all the modules, weapons, heart chambers, and seeds took the most of my time. I missed a couple achievements, but I'm happy with what I did.
I'm playing on Original or whatever they call the normal difficulty. The Ogre was the hardest boss I've encountered so far, took more tries than I'd like to admit. Honestly wouldn't have been so bad except I kept taking damage from the robots that pop up out of the water. I got past the lightning boss, turns out you don't/can't kill it, at least so far. Kept running away after I did enough damage. The other enemies - specifically the quick one that punches - were giving me trouble there. Dodged far enough once and realized I could just leave, so I did. I'm now returning the 4th ship part after going through the underwater area. The big blob boss there was super easy. I've found that the bugs and fire are very helpful.

I'm playing on Original or whatever they call the normal difficulty. The Ogre was the hardest boss I've encountered so far, took more tries than I'd like to admit. Honestly wouldn't have been so bad except I kept taking damage from the robots that pop up out of the water. I got past the lightning boss, turns out you don't/can't kill it, at least so far. Kept running away after I did enough damage. The other enemies - specifically the quick one that punches - were giving me trouble there. Dodged far enough once and realized I could just leave, so I did. I'm now returning the 4th ship part after going through the underwater area. The big blob boss there was super easy. I've found that the bugs and fire are very helpful.
If you would like a hint about the yellow Lightning Boss:

It runs away, but if you leave the screen and come right back it'll come back with the health still gone that you took from it.

If you would like a hint about the yellow Lightning Boss:

It runs away, but if you leave the screen and come right back it'll come back with the health still gone that you took from it.
Thanks for that!

Leaving the room and coming back was the trick. I tried fighting until it ran away, then running around the room until it came back. Sometimes it would just come back at full health this way, but leaving/coming back kept the health consistent. Also felt pretty brilliant finding the hidden boss that you can only fight if you are holding a ship part.

Back