Everything Video Games!

Okay, if you like videogames, especially ones like Portal 2, and you haven't played "The Stanley Parable" just go buy it and play it right now. Don't look up anything about it, just go get it. Do not ruin the experience by reading about the game. Honestly the last two nights I've been laughing so hard that my dog actually woke up and came into the livingroom to see if I was okay. It's brilliant. It came out nearly 10 years ago but was "remastered" last year for consoles. It's generally cheap, like $20. It's almost more of an experience, than it is a game.
Looks like it's on sale too in the PS store for $13.74 until tomorrow.

Be re-upped on Gamefly this year, and here's what I've played so far.

Bayonetta 3: pretty disappointing. Bloated gameplay. Annoying new characters. Didn't finish.

Mario + Rabbids - Sparks of Hope: Pretty great time so far. The first was a big surprise and this one improves on a lot of things.

Pokemon Scarlet: Looks like shit, but honestly, it's pretty fun. The core gameplay is there, they just need to build from the ground up next time.

Thinking of picking up the new Fire Emblem too.

A buddy gifted me Ghost Song on Steam and it's very good. If you're into Metroidvanias, and enjoyed the tone of Hollow Knight, you'd love this game.

You have my attention 😱👀

EDIT: it’s on game pass 🥳
you were not kidding. It's VERY similar to Hollow Knight. It was frustrating at first, but I started to upgrade and 'git gud' so it's fun now. The levling system is similar to the way to level in Elden Ring/DS. It's much more sparse than Hollow Knight, kind of chill, quiet. I LOVED Hollow Knight's soundtrack, I have it on vinyl I love it that much. Ghost Song has somewhat of a soundtrack but not really, ambient guitars that are in some areas but it's mostly quiet which is a little dissapointing. Boss battles are less difficult, but I feel like I could die more easily in Ghost Song when encountering normal enemies. Overall decent game, I'd say 7/10 right now with me being only about 15% of the way through the game, it could grow to a 8/10 if it continues or improves.

you were not kidding. It's VERY similar to Hollow Knight. It was frustrating at first, but I started to upgrade and 'git gud' so it's fun now. The levling system is similar to the way to level in Elden Ring/DS. It's much more sparse than Hollow Knight, kind of chill, quiet. I LOVED Hollow Knight's soundtrack, I have it on vinyl I love it that much. Ghost Song has somewhat of a soundtrack but not really, ambient guitars that are in some areas but it's mostly quiet which is a little dissapointing. Boss battles are less difficult, but I feel like I could die more easily in Ghost Song when encountering normal enemies. Overall decent game, I'd say 7/10 right now with me being only about 15% of the way through the game, it could grow to a 8/10 if it continues or improves.
It was short, but I really enjoyed my experience with it.

I'm stuck at the Maven boss in GoW Ragnarok. If this boss successfully completes her attack, she heals herself back to 50% health when she runs out of HP. All the guides I have watched on YouTube said you have to perry and break her attack to prevent her from healing. I've done everything the guides have said, but I'm stuck with a boss who endlessly heals still. At least I think I broke the attack. The specific attack they say to watch out for and break I can prevent from taking place but the boss still heals. FML

Last edited:
I'm stuck at the Maven boss in GoW Ragnarok. If this boss successfully completes her attack, she heals herself back to 50% health when she runs out of HP. All the guides I have watched on YouTube said you have to perry and break her attack to prevent her from healing. I've done everything the guides have said, but I'm stuck with a boss who endlessly heals still. At least I think I broke the attack. The specific attack they say to watch out for and break I can prevent from taking place but the boss still heals. FML
Shield slam on double blue rings, right?

Yup, it took me forever to figure that out.

This was one of the last side quests I had to wrap up before going to the final battle. Got passed it yesterday and defeated Odin last night.
Nice! I got stuck on Gna yesterday. Guess I will complete everything else post game and come back to her last.

Speaking of hard battles in GoW, I have yet been able to beat a Berserker Grave battle. I get my ass handed to me on a platter.

Any tips for these as I go back to them post game?

Speaking of hard battles in GoW, I have yet been able to beat a Berserker Grave battle. I get my ass handed to me on a platter.

Any tips for these as I go back to them post game?
I just try to keep cycling through all three weapons' runic attacks and learn their moveset for when to parry and when to roll. I'm still stuck on the one with three enemies though. Some are definitely easier than others. Also helps to go in with full rage.

Knocked another quicker one off of my list going into the time suck of Persona 3. I finished the game Moonscars this weekend. For the uninitiated, this is a 2d action platformer/light Metroidvania. Also has the souls like death system and a skill tree for your special abilities. In this game, the main baddie is a figure called the Sculptor, who created living clay versions of humans that eventually took over. Your task is to find and stop the Sculptor, as well as get answers for his actions, since you are also a clay husk of your former self with memory loss. Some cool themes and great pixel art, which reminds me of Blasphemous in a lot of ways. Some of the story beats fall a bit flat, but at the same time a few of the side characters really shine through. Combat is fairly strategic, and has both dodge and counter mechanics. On top of basic and special weapons, you get Witchery, which uses Ichor. Ichor works like the energy system in Hollow Knight in that you can also heal with it, but with has twist. When you use it for Witchery, it becomes "spoiled" and cannot be used again in that form. can still be used for healing though, but isn't as powerful. Like in Hollow Knight, attacking enemies will refill and reverse the spoiled state. Finally, there is a mechanic called moonhunger, in which killing a certain amounts of enemies fills a meter that lets you select from 3 boons. This can be filled up to 5 times and resets on death. Also, if you take too many of these, the moonhunger becomes a threat, and on the next death it activates, giving a blood moon which makes the enemies and bosses much harder. Beating a boss or using one of the gland items you find throughout the game will reverse this. Part way through you are incentivized to use this blood moon, as it allows you to see earrings scattered throughout the game that can be traded for some trinkets (and an achievement). A couple of the bosses become incredibly difficult, killing you in just a couple of hits.

My biggest complaint in the game actually centers around the witchery and the currency system. It gets fairly expensive to upgrade these abilities, especially the "higher tier" abilities, but most of the abilities didn't seem as useful as the energy blast and poison adding abilities you can unlock early in the tree. Beyond that, there's some trinkets you can purchase and one NPC that will give you info in exchange for currency, but largely felt unnecessary once you get a few upgrades.

Surprise announcement and game drop at the Microsoft conference yesterday. Keep in mind this is from the team that did The Evil Within and Ghostwire Tokyo. Installed and played up until just past the first boss (which you fight to NIN's 1,000,000) and honestly, it kind of kicks ass. Trailer mostly only shows stuff from the intro, so who knows how crazy it gets as you go on.

about 160 hours in Elden Ring, Level 150 and I'm still not really great at understanding the game that I'm mostly basically bruting my way through it as best I can but as I'm getting towards late game there's just less optional stuff to do and it's so much longer/harder to level up at this level that to grind to boost certain stats would take a long while to achieve that I'm really hitting some roadblocks.

after spending a few multi-hour nights simply trying to defeat Mohg, I finally beat him just to end up getting stuck on Dragonlord Placidusax. the odd thing is, especially after all this time, it seems like such a far more easier/manageable fight than Mohg was but I just can't seem to outlast the fight. as a melee build I've constantly been frustrated by how often I'll completely whiff a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME, but on this fight it's frustrating me to no end because all those pesky little misses add up to me dying after 15 minutes of not finding enough openings to defeat it before it'll eventually manage a 2 hit combo that'll wipe me out .. I love this game, but I am so done with getting stuck on bosses at this point and I'm worried that this is going to be the case going forward as I'm dealing with the last few (at least that I intend to defeat).. and after all this time spent on this boss, not to mention the entire game in general, I can't not beat it... but I'm really getting a bit tired of this routine

about 160 hours in Elden Ring, Level 150 and I'm still not really great at understanding the game that I'm mostly basically bruting my way through it as best I can but as I'm getting towards late game there's just less optional stuff to do and it's so much longer/harder to level up at this level that to grind to boost certain stats would take a long while to achieve that I'm really hitting some roadblocks.

after spending a few multi-hour nights simply trying to defeat Mohg, I finally beat him just to end up getting stuck on Dragonlord Placidusax. the odd thing is, especially after all this time, it seems like such a far more easier/manageable fight than Mohg was but I just can't seem to outlast the fight. as a melee build I've constantly been frustrated by how often I'll completely whiff a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME, but on this fight it's frustrating me to no end because all those pesky little misses add up to me dying after 15 minutes of not finding enough openings to defeat it before it'll eventually manage a 2 hit combo that'll wipe me out .. I love this game, but I am so done with getting stuck on bosses at this point and I'm worried that this is going to be the case going forward as I'm dealing with the last few (at least that I intend to defeat).. and after all this time spent on this boss, not to mention the entire game in general, I can't not beat it... but I'm really getting a bit tired of this routine
Do you use any spirit ashes? A good one might make the difference and they can also take the heat off you so you can heal and/or attack

Do you use any spirit ashes? A good one might make the difference and they can also take the heat off you so you can heal and/or attack
not too much, my FP is pretty low (more strength build) so while I have a bunch I don't have enough FP to use most. I do have one that's a +4 that I using earlier on, but then have changed my approach to use my FP for the Bloodflame incantation on my Claymore+25 that seems to do the most damage out of the different weapons I've tried... but maybe I should go back to the summon now that I've got a much better read on this boss' move set. though the one I mainly use (Ancient Archer or something like that) is good as a distraction will get pretty wiped out by the flames, so he doesn't always last very long.

I know I'll eventually beat this fuck, I've come very close on multiple occasions, I am just dreading my end game experience of it taking a week to beat each of the remaining bosses of this game.

Back