Everything Video Games!

Persona fans, I have a quick question. With 3 & 4 coming to game pass in a couple weeks, is it better to play them in order? I started 5, but only got a couple hours into it. I need to finish Ghost Song and plan on playing Eastward before seriously diving into the series. Just curious if they connect or have references in any way.

Persona fans, I have a quick question. With 3 & 4 coming to game pass in a couple weeks, is it better to play them in order? I started 5, but only got a couple hours into it. I need to finish Ghost Song and plan on playing Eastward before seriously diving into the series. Just curious if they connect or have references in any way.
Different characters and story in each. 3-5 are all great and worth playing, but O recommend starting with 3 because the others add QoL features that will make it difficult to go back

I’m really enjoying Mass Effect 3 right now, quite possibly even more than 2. However, o don’t like the change to group all missions together. ME2 had “main” and “side” quest toggles do you could see what things to do without advancing the story and missing content. Early on I accidentally did too many main missions and realized later that I missed out on something. But, other than that the story, combat and leveling seems to be better.

I’m really enjoying Mass Effect 3 right now, quite possibly even more than 2. However, o don’t like the change to group all missions together. ME2 had “main” and “side” quest toggles do you could see what things to do without advancing the story and missing content. Early on I accidentally did too many main missions and realized later that I missed out on something. But, other than that the story, combat and leveling seems to be better.
I really liked Mass Effect 3, especially after they added the DLC content. I get people's gripe with the ending, but even so, my personal playthrough seemed to work with how things ended up and I loved all the character moments leading up to it.

RIP to Mordin and Thane, they done killed two of my 3 favorites. At least I still have Tali, and was able to finally romance her, had been wanting to do that since the first game. Loved Mordin and Tali's arcs through the games, two very different people that are also very alike. Both very smart and willing to go against their traditions and even entire race in order to do the right thing. When I first played, I really liked seeing how Thane thought about things, those little brain blast segments when he recounts a scene were fascinating. Now that I'm a dad, the things he did to try and help his son - again against the status quo of his people - strike a different chord. Also, before anyone asks, Garrus is a favorite as well. This game also excels at bringing some closure and additional character to some of my least favorite characters from ME2. I really liked Miranda's side quest here, didn't like her very much in ME2, but the stuff with her sister added a lot to her character. Same with Jack, turning that anger into something more positive.

So as someone who loved Bayonetta 1 and 2, I'm about 5 chapters into Bayonetta 3 and finding it kind of terrible. Bayonetta's combat is cleaner and more fun than ever, but that's seemingly only 10% of the game this time around. Sooo mamy gimmic mechanics, side scroller levels, mini games, puzzles, extra character levels. They've could've cut most of this shit out, stuck to basics and dropped this game 4 years ago.

Just finished completing Ghost Song. Got the last 2 achievements for finishing the game in under 3 hours, and for beating the game without dying. I followed a speedrun video linked on trueachievements, which was a 54:20 run. My personal run in game (excludes hard restarting after deaths) was 1hr 25min and included fighting Dolly on accident. Pretty solid time I think, considering I was basically trying to play and chase the runner of the video, and had to pause many times when I lost the path. Pausing doesn't stop the timer. Also missed two key save warps after making safety saves in a different area before tough sections, leading to some backtracking. Also did this run on the easier difficulty, which only requires one boss fight. I thought it was really funny when I got to the end, and you can just run past what is the final boss on the normal difficulty.

Overall a fun, short romp that Metroidvania fans will love. Gorgeous and sometimes horrifying art style. Likeable characters and extra lore if you want to seek it out. Lots of secrets and tributes to other games in the genre, and having intuition about where secrets may be that you would have gained from playing other games like it often get rewarded. Trusting my instincts, I found all of the secret bosses and nearly all of the power ups without looking anything up.

My SO and I are doing weekly co-op game nights for 2023. We kicked it off with PODE which was charming af.

Besides spending hours on Splatfest this weekend, I also made time to knock out Little Nightmares. Finished the main game and couldn't help but pitch in for the extra DLC levels which I'll tackle later. Also nabbed Little Nightmares 2 and the season pass content for later.

Also picked up where I left off and finished We Are OFK. It's a charming visual novel style experience telling origin story of an indie synth pop band. Each of the 5 episodes takes about an hour and culminates in an interactive music video for a new single by the band. The music was all produced by Luna Shadows and Thom Powers (The Naked and Famous).

Last edited:
Breaking my JRPG/Tactics streak to finally play Kirby and the Forgotten Land and...uh, what a dopamine rush.

Me the whole time I'm playing Kirby:
Kirby.jpg

Good thing I checked with Sony about my Forspoken pre-order

They did in fact cancel it on me even though I responded to the delay email to not cancel my pre-order and keep the same treatment for all future delays.

Good thing I caught it, because right now is the last chance to get the pro-order extras.

My friend that I play online with got me into Deep Rock Galactic.

I'm not that far into it, but it's not too bad. I play solo mostly - and on the easiest difficulty. I don't like to be rushed when I'm mining.

I really liked Mass Effect 3, especially after they added the DLC content. I get people's gripe with the ending, but even so, my personal playthrough seemed to work with how things ended up and I loved all the character moments leading up to it.

RIP to Mordin and Thane, they done killed two of my 3 favorites. At least I still have Tali, and was able to finally romance her, had been wanting to do that since the first game. Loved Mordin and Tali's arcs through the games, two very different people that are also very alike. Both very smart and willing to go against their traditions and even entire race in order to do the right thing. When I first played, I really liked seeing how Thane thought about things, those little brain blast segments when he recounts a scene were fascinating. Now that I'm a dad, the things he did to try and help his son - again against the status quo of his people - strike a different chord. Also, before anyone asks, Garrus is a favorite as well. This game also excels at bringing some closure and additional character to some of my least favorite characters from ME2. I really liked Miranda's side quest here, didn't like her very much in ME2, but the stuff with her sister added a lot to her character. Same with Jack, turning that anger into something more positive.
Update:
I didn't like the ending I picked because I didn't know I was going to pick the Control one. Throughout the entire game actions in blue were paragon, good actions and actions in red were renegade. I was mostly paragon throughout the game. When the Catalyst tells you about the different choices, I thought "okay I'll pick destroy because I wanted to do that ending." Everything in the entire game has led to you making that choice. The Synthesis ending seemed kind of lame and a cop out. It was either one extreme or the other extreme for me.

So Shepard slowly, agonizingly walks over to the the blue side with me thinking the Paragon choice was destroying the Reapers. It was not..... I may replay the final mission to get the other ending. It reminded me all to much of the Elden Ring ending. I got into that final area and just picked the first thing I see to summon Ranni thinking that she just appears for something and not knowing that was my end game choice. I feel like it needed a second prompt that said "Shepard is about to Control the Reapers. Are you sure you want to proceed?" and I would have not done that.

Overall ME3 was good. I think I liked it best out of the lot. I didn't care for the storyline with Cerberus in ME2 and again in ME3 so I'm not sure why so many people say ME2 is one of the best games of all time. It's fine.

When I was playing ME2 I started way back in the end of 2020 and finally picked it back up again a few months ago to finish it. I must have made some bad choices two years ago because a few characters were mad at me and I don't remember why. I also completely forgot to romance anyone so with ME3 I just made the choices at the beginning of the game that set up most of the story. I romanced with Liara as FemShep. Liara seems like the nicest character in the game to me. I also loved Tali and Garrus. Garrus seems like such a stand up guy and super reliable. I picked him a lot on missions. Was Jack in ME3? I didn't come across her at all :eek:

Now onto Mass Effect: Andromeda...

Update:
I didn't like the ending I picked because I didn't know I was going to pick the Control one. Throughout the entire game actions in blue were paragon, good actions and actions in red were renegade. I was mostly paragon throughout the game. When the Catalyst tells you about the different choices, I thought "okay I'll pick destroy because I wanted to do that ending." Everything in the entire game has led to you making that choice. The Synthesis ending seemed kind of lame and a cop out. It was either one extreme or the other extreme for me.

So Shepard slowly, agonizingly walks over to the the blue side with me thinking the Paragon choice was destroying the Reapers. It was not..... I may replay the final mission to get the other ending. It reminded me all to much of the Elden Ring ending. I got into that final area and just picked the first thing I see to summon Ranni thinking that she just appears for something and not knowing that was my end game choice. I feel like it needed a second prompt that said "Shepard is about to Control the Reapers. Are you sure you want to proceed?" and I would have not done that.

Overall ME3 was good. I think I liked it best out of the lot. I didn't care for the storyline with Cerberus in ME2 and again in ME3 so I'm not sure why so many people say ME2 is one of the best games of all time. It's fine.

When I was playing ME2 I started way back in the end of 2020 and finally picked it back up again a few months ago to finish it. I must have made some bad choices two years ago because a few characters were mad at me and I don't remember why. I also completely forgot to romance anyone so with ME3 I just made the choices at the beginning of the game that set up most of the story. I romanced with Liara as FemShep. Liara seems like the nicest character in the game to me. I also loved Tali and Garrus. Garrus seems like such a stand up guy and super reliable. I picked him a lot on missions. Was Jack in ME3? I didn't come across her at all :eek:

Now onto Mass Effect: Andromeda...
The Synthesis ending was added after the fact, so people could have a "middle ground" ending if you played it that way. Does seem like a bit of a cop out, but I always tried to bring both sides together for the most part in conflicts, so it seemed closer to how I personally played. They were confusing choices overall, I think I chose the blue path initially as well, then went back and did the green one. I get the comparisons to Elden Rings ending too, that whole thing is very vague and I feel like if you didn't do one specific Dark Souls 3 ending, you could easily jump into the wrong/unintended ending by mistake. FWIW I love the Ranni ending so that would have been an OK mistake to me, but I digress.

I agree, ME3 is probably my favorite overall. I think people only remember that killer intro in ME2, and forget the Cerberus stuff and the lame Terminator fight at the end. Also the suicide mission part gave me major anxiety that I would get it wrong, and I ended up looking up how to keep everyone alive. Some of the descriptions of what type of person is needed for each choice did NOT match who I would have chosen.

Been a while since I played these, but I believe there was a side quest in ME3 for Jack where she's like a teacher at a biotic school and you help her with some a-holes trying to shut things down. Let Jack let loose and kill some people in the name of saving the kids sorta stuff. That may have been later on in ME2.

I romance Liara too in ME1, but only because I could't romance Tali. Garrus is the most solid dude overall, and I also used him in combat a lot. I really liked Mordin and Thane's stories and quirky personalities, so their deaths hit super hard. Yeah, I could have been selfish and kept Mordin alive, but I feel like he would have hated me for not ending the Genophage, so letting him complete his work was the only way.

Let us know what you think of Andromeda. I struggled to get into it myself, but my wife has played through it several times.

Okay, if you like videogames, especially ones like Portal 2, and you haven't played "The Stanley Parable" just go buy it and play it right now. Don't look up anything about it, just go get it. Do not ruin the experience by reading about the game. Honestly the last two nights I've been laughing so hard that my dog actually woke up and came into the livingroom to see if I was okay. It's brilliant. It came out nearly 10 years ago but was "remastered" last year for consoles. It's generally cheap, like $20. It's almost more of an experience, than it is a game.

Last edited:
Okay, if you like videogames, especially ones like Portal 2, and you haven't played "The Stanley Parable" just go buy it and play it right now. Don't look up anything about it, just go get it. Do not ruin the experience by reading about the game. Honestly the last two nights I've been laughing so hard that my dog actually woke up and came into the livingroom to see if I was okay. It's brilliant. It came out nearly 10 years ago but was "remastered" last year for consoles. It's generally cheap, like $20. It's almost more of an experience, than it is a game.
Second this, the blinder the better for that game.

Back