Everything Video Games!

ah okay gotcha. I already pay for Live + Game Pass so I would probably just buy the console separately as a lump sum and then my details should transfer over to the new system. But yeah, for people not having $500~ right off the bat that’s a good deal.

1600801868794.png
Yeah I already pay for Live + Game Pass (Can't believe it's been 13 years on this account). Luckily the Best Buy deal ends up saving me $40 overall and I still don't have to come up with the $500 up front. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my One X come November, haha.

Last edited:
Now I just need to figure out what to do with my One X come November, haha
Same. I was late onto the Xbox One X, I only got one in January 2019. I still have my 360 laying around that I was going to sell somewhere but I think logistically shipping something of that size for like $100~ with games + controllers on ebay would be like a third of the cost of it, so I hadn't bothered. At least the Xbox One X will have more immediate re-sale value.

Is it normal for Mario 64’s camera and control sensitivity to make me want to hurl my Switch out the window? I’ve lost multiple lives because Mario cannot turn around on the spot, and instead inscribes a four-foot arc that sends him sailing off of narrow paths to his death.

Is it normal for Mario 64’s camera and control sensitivity to make me want to hurl my Switch out the window? I’ve lost multiple lives because Mario cannot turn around on the spot, and instead inscribes a four-foot arc that sends him sailing off of narrow paths to his death.
The camera can be tricky at times , but I find sunshine more problematic in that regard.

Seems true to the original from my memory. That's the only reason I was disappointed it was a straight port. I was hoping they could address that.

Seems true to the original from my memory. That's the only reason I was disappointed it was a straight port. I was hoping they could address that.

There are lots of fun things about the game, and I realize it is really a seminal and influential title, but boy, Nintendo polished a lot of the rough edges from Galaxy on.

If this keeps up I may just skip ahead to Sunshine. A know a lot of Mario enthusiasts found Odyssey lacking challenge, but as an uncoordinated old person I’ve gotta say it was much more my speed.

I swore a lot at Big Penguin Race. Like...a lot.

There are lots of fun things about the game, and I realize it is really a seminal and influential title, but boy, Nintendo polished a lot of the rough edges from Galaxy on.

If this keeps up I may just skip ahead to Sunshine. A know a lot of Mario enthusiasts found Odyssey lacking challenge, but as an uncoordinated old person I’ve gotta say it was much more my speed.

Big penguin race is where you learn things about yourself

I also had to continue due to big penguin race, but I guess I am forgiving of it, because I still love it.

I really enjoyed getting all the moons in Odyssey. That last one on the darker side of the Moon or whatever where you have to make it all the way without dying was a challenge for sure.

I also had to continue due to big penguin race, but I guess I am forgiving of it, because I still love it.

I really enjoyed getting all the moons in Odyssey. That last one on the darker side of the Moon or whatever where you have to make it all the way without dying was a challenge for sure.
Was that the one where you're on the bike, and there's the secondary moon where you have to hop up the stairs? That one took more tries than I'm willing to admit.

Was that the one where you're on the bike, and there's the secondary moon where you have to hop up the stairs? That one took more tries than I'm willing to admit.
No, I'm not sure I remember that one.

I was talking about the Darker Side of the Moon one. I think it's called Long Journey's End. I died a lot and you have to start from the beginning each time.

No, I'm not sure I remember that one.

I was talking about the Darker Side of the Moon one. I think it's called Long Journey's End. I died a lot and you have to start from the beginning each time.
Gotcha, just looked that up, and yeah that was probably the hardest part of the game.

The one I was talking about was the Vanishing Road challenge. EDITED: Looks like this challenge appears twice, once with the scooter, and one where you have to run. I had issues with bonking on both versions.

Gotcha, just looked that up, and yeah that was probably the hardest part of the game.

The one I was talking about was the Vanishing Road challenge. EDITED: Looks like this challenge appears twice, once with the scooter, and one where you have to run. I had issues with bonking on both versions.

Oh yeah, that one was pretty brutal! I actually did the on foot one before I saw the scooter version and I was confused by some of the layout since it didn't make sense in the on foot version. I remember having to constantly roll and time dives perfectly.

Speaking of these precision platforming sections of Odyssey, if any of the speed runs or get there's were ever in the THPS games that I played, I was unaware of them. Considering the main part of the tour is relatively easy, trying to do those is like someone hid a punishing precision platformer inside of THPS and I have enjoyed clearing them.

Speaking of these precision platforming sections of Odyssey, if any of the speed runs or get there's were ever in the THPS games that I played, I was unaware of them. Considering the main part of the tour is relatively easy, trying to do those is like someone hid a punishing precision platformer inside of THPS and I have enjoyed clearing them.
I'm still putzing my way through the main tours & goals, but definitely look forward to trying to tackle these.

Have you done any multiplayer yet? I'm casually knocking out 300K combos during tour runs, but I want to know if I should expect to get trounced when I try and skate against others.

I'm still putzing my way through the main tours & goals, but definitely look forward to trying to tackle these.

Have you done any multiplayer yet? I'm casually knocking out 300K combos during tour runs, but I want to know if I should expect to get trounced when I try and skate against others.
They are fun if super frustrating at times (I guess that's why I liken them to precision platformers like Celeste).

I have been doing some multiplayer, only whatever the more casual one is called. It depends on your party. Sometimes nobody gets 300k combos in the party and sometimes there are people getting 2.5 mil combos. But that has been fairly rare. I found that doing multiplayer and the get-there's has helped me get better at that and if I don't screw up or get too greedy I can usually pull off at least 800k if not 1mil sometimes.

The modes change every match though, so even if I'm in a group that is better at combos than me I can win some matches. Other than graffiti, the only change is winning condition and those include: highest total score, highest combo score, first to get to 150k total score, first to do a combo of 100k. Those last two I find I can regularly beat people better than me because they keep going too long in a combo instead of stopping close to that score. Its been pretty fun so far.

I have been going for a platinum trophy and the most annoying thing about that is I have completed almost all of the big XP challenges and I am at level 70. Not sure how I will get to 100 other than just playing forever.

Last edited:
Making slow but steady progress in Dark Souls. I looked up a walkthrough to make sure I didn't miss anything in the rest of the Tomb of the Giants, and found that I missed an ember. I ran by the small opening in the floor my first time through, and thought it was likely a trap for people without light. Turns out this room is way worse than an instant death pit. Six large skeletons and a small arena, so yeah, this room can eff right off. After many deaths, I ended up just sprinting for the ember, and somehow sprinting back and up the ladder without dying. I then went on to beat Gravelord Nito on my third attempt. First attempt I had no idea what I was doing and rushed in because I didn't see the boss right away. Big mistake, I got overwhelmed by the skeletons and Nito's spike attack. Second try I hung back too far, and it spammed the spike over and over while I tried to deal with the skeletons, and then the magic blasts finished me off. Third attempt I met it half way, taking out the small skeletons quickly but not getting too far into the arena to aggro the big ones. Once you get in close to Nito with no skeletons, it's a joke. I also had a high magic resistance shield. It turned into a simple game of equip 2 handed, circle/attack/dodge, and switch to shield when he started the magic blast. Only needed one Estus for the fight due to the small amount of magic damage and a spike or two, other than that his melee attacks couldn't touch me. With that down, I headed back to Anor Londo and the Duke's Archives. The dragon you encounter here is crazy, but upon looking it up, I found out you die here no matter what. Made it through the giant spiral staircase area, but ended up dying in the next area. The journey continues!

I learned a useful trick pre-ordering the PS5. BestBuy in Canada can be viewed in English or French, when their site was getting hammered for pre-orders someone said to try the french site. Worked perfectly, no delay at all. They have the same inventory but traffic on one didn't affect the other.

Back