Everything Video Games!

Very nice, I'm dreading that level myself. I found it funny that you can get 30 stars before the first Bowser fight, and I got 70 from the red coin star on the second Bowser level. Could have just skipped the top floors entirely and went straight for the win, but I'm going for 120 starts.

Have you had any issues with turning? That's really been my only complaint. Sometimes Mario will quick turn 180 degrees, other times he tries to do this wide circular turn around, which has led to several deaths.

Very nice, I'm dreading that level myself. I found it funny that you can get 30 stars before the first Bowser fight, and I got 70 from the red coin star on the second Bowser level. Could have just skipped the top floors entirely and went straight for the win, but I'm going for 120 starts.

Have you had any issues with turning? That's really been my only complaint. Sometimes Mario will quick turn 180 degrees, other times he tries to do this wide circular turn around, which has led to several deaths.
I'm having those problems, but they're exactly as I remember them being on 64. I think at least 50% of my deaths have always been from falling off of edges because of the controls.

I got to 112 this morning. Only need the 7 stars from the Magic Carpet Ride Land plus that super frustrating red-coin challenge that drops you outside the castle whenever you fall from the sky.

Fun fact: I beat the final Bowser last night in approximately 60 seconds. I remember it taking forever when I was younger because it was hard to time/aim his throws. Somehow I got really lucky last night and went 3/3 on Bowser tosses.

20201004_230831.jpg
Basement arcade almost complete! This is with the mocked up sign. The real one will look a little better. This has been 20 years in the making. 10 year old me has been screaming non stop in my head for 3 days.

Last edited:
View attachment 68973
Basement arcade almost complete! This is with the mocked up sign. The real one will look a little better. This has been 20 years in the making. 10 year old me has been screaming non stop in my head for 3 days.

Now you just need paired Cruis'n USA or Hydro Thunder stations and this will look like the back corner of an early 00's pizza outlet.

Now you just need paired Cruis'n USA or Hydro Thunder stations and this will look like the back corner of an early 00's pizza outlet.
Well I have both of those games on the cabinet, but they aren't really the same without the steering wheels and the big seated cabs.

Also you're correct, I'm missing food. I wonder if there's a machine that produces poutine on command.

Last edited:
I know I was really hoping that it would have the arcade version, but it's only got the PS1 version which isn't quite as good... But it's still good. I cannot WAIT to get the light guns in January. I will be playing Terminator and Time Crisis until my arms fall off.

The Dreamcast version was excellent, but it was ultimately the force feedback and rumble seat that made it feel so cool in arcades.

The Dreamcast version was excellent, but it was ultimately the force feedback and rumble seat that made it feel so cool in arcades.
Yeah I was hoping to get either the arcade or the Dreamcast one, but the 1TB SSD harddrive in this cab can only hold so many games and the DC and newer games take up a lot of space. Hoping to eventually put a 2 TB SSD in there and add newer games to the mix.

I think the same turning issues that existed in the original are still present here.
Fun tip for Level 14 is to jump into the portal right when the clock strikes 12ish and everything inside the level locks up. Makes getting the 8 coin star and the other stars a little easier.

I think the same turning issues that existed in the original are still present here.
Fun tip for Level 14 is to jump into the portal right when the clock strikes 12ish and everything inside the level locks up. Makes getting the 8 coin star and the other stars a little easier.

Correction about the tip. If the big hand is on 12 then the insides will stop.

Back