Everything Video Games!

Trying to get a 3080 today was an absolute farce. Everything everywhere sold out immediately. They released a couple more on Nvidia's site later in the morning, but the furthest I got was adding it to my cart, then getting timed out when trying to checkout. Now the third party cards are already raising their prices since they sold out as well. I was hoping for a more fair chance, but I fear the bots won this one.

i have only played like 30-40% of FFIV (up to where cecil becomes a paladin)

this post just off-handedly reminded me of being 13 or 14 when this game came out and basically spending an entire week, i think the near entirety of christmas break, at a friends house alternating playing the game, even playing while he was sleeping and vice versa. pretty sure i haven’t had that focused a playing experience in the many years since. the game just blew my mind. and then after that i don’t think i’ve played it since. i guess it’s kind of like a summer camp fling in the sense that it was exciting and intense, and then it was over, never reconnecting with it and becoming just a memory.

Trying to get a 3080 today was an absolute farce. Everything everywhere sold out immediately. They released a couple more on Nvidia's site later in the morning, but the furthest I got was adding it to my cart, then getting timed out when trying to checkout. Now the third party cards are already raising their prices since they sold out as well. I was hoping for a more fair chance, but I fear the bots won this one.
What is this? Can you explain it to me like I’m 5? Is it a fancy video card or something?

What is this? Can you explain it to me like I’m 5? Is it a fancy video card or something?
New generation of Nvidia video cards. They're markedly more powerful than the last generation at a surprising price point. I built my entire PC Build around getting this generation of card to be ready for Cyberpunk when it came out and also up my VR capabilities. I'm currently still running a 1070ti, two generations old.

I started breath of the wild a couple weeks ago and have been playing it until 1 am almost every night. I am at the first divine beast but just end up spending hours exploring instead of advancing the story. It’s my first Zelda game, not sure why I didn’t play it as a kid. It’s so much fun.

I started breath of the wild a couple weeks ago and have been playing it until 1 am almost every night. I am at the first divine beast but just end up spending hours exploring instead of advancing the story. It’s my first Zelda game, not sure why I didn’t play it as a kid. It’s so much fun.
I had a very hard time going to bed at a reasonable time when I played it this year too! Hope they do a Zelda 3D All Stars.

Back