Everything Video Games!

Anybody else have a hard time hearing anything other than "That tickles!" When they start a level in Mario 64? :LOL:

This is pretty big right before the new consoles launch

Some day I'm going to get all the Steam achievements for Binding of Isaac. Got a bit closer to that goal this last week. Lots of really good runs. I decided to take a break on The Keeper to clean up some other stuff. I completed the three remaining Challenges - Suicide King, SPEED!, and BRAINS! All three sucked, but I made it through and never have to do them again. All I have left for achievements are Ultra Greed with everyone, which is 2 achievements per most characters as that's the only completion mark I need for each. I also have a couple item dependent ones, 50 items in a run, 3 battery items in a run, 10 tears up in a run, blank card/sun card combo, and Pandoras Box used in Dark Room. Speaking of that last one, I was playing as The Forgotten, and I got Pandora's Box early on. I carried that thing all the way down to the Satan fight, literally one room before Dark Room. I passed on going to Hush, even though I still need to beat that boss with this character, to ensure I got to Dark Room alive. However, I accidentally hit the wrong button and activated the item instead of using The Forgottens switch character ability. ONE ROOM FROM THE ACHIEVEMENT. Pretty frustrating, but oh well, I'll get it next time.

The best one I did this weekend was the achievement for using 5 or more size up items in a run. This run was super broken, I wish I would have taken a screenshot of the final build. Basically I got 6 One Makes You Larger pills, so my character size was almost the whole length of a normal room. I had Monstro's Lung, Cricket's Body, Death's Touch, and another item that adds a splitting effect to tears, and a bunch of stuff that made the tears huge. Basically, I would charge a shot, which would send out a shotgun blast of giant bones that on contact would split into a ton of tears and sickles, clearing any room with ease. My character was so big I had to count the charge time, because I couldn't see the charge meter most of the time due to my size. Lots of fun overall!

I also made some Dark Souls progress. I'm now at the boss in Tomb of the Giant. I only tried it once, but he got me pretty good. This whole area sucked, my least favorite so far, and I'm ready to be done with this place.

I picked up The Division 2 again. I think I beat it, but it's one of those games you can just keep playing after finishing the main story. I enjoy the just walking around, patrolling the streets.

I heard the xbox release was a bit of a mess. Not as bad as the 3080 release, as I have friends who actually got one, but still plagued by reseller bots.

It was a shit show. I had tabs open for Microsoft Store, amazon, Best Buy, target, Sams club, new egg. I was on the target app on my phone, in cart, went to place order button and nothing but errors. Best Buy and amazon were late. I ended up being able to grab one from amazon.

PS5 was a shit show, but since it was random chaos without warning, I was able to grab one of those so much easier

I completely forgot about the Xbox release with all of the Fleet Foxes pre-orders going on lol.

I was going to get one but I also wanted to see if some stores had Holiday bundles later this year. Does anyone know of any stores doing that, or is that expected? If I'm going to pay full release date price for a new system, I'd rather wait a little bit and get a free game or controller with it.

EDIT: just searched twitter and I'm seeing this. Not exactly what I was expecting. Maybe they're a little cheaper for all the items together than separately. But I was hoping for $500 for the console + a game. eh

1600792726072.png

I heard the xbox release was a bit of a mess. Not as bad as the 3080 release, as I have friends who actually got one, but still plagued by reseller bots.

I could have had the console multiple times over. The shit show is signing up for the All Access plan which is still showing to be damn near impossible. (I was approved, have a bundle in my cart but they "sold out", except I can still buy a console...)

I could have had the console multiple times over. The shit show is signing up for the All Access plan which is still showing to be damn near impossible. (I was approved, have a bundle in my cart but they "sold out", except I can still buy a console...)
Are the All Access accounts limited? I don't know much about this Console Gen...

Are the All Access accounts limited? I don't know much about this Console Gen...
hmm I have Game Pass Ultimate which is $15/month. I think it's worth it since I do play a lot of Game Pass Games. The All Access, I believe, includes EA games (which I personally don't care about besides FIFA)

1600794732133.png

hmm I have Game Pass Ultimate which is $15/month. I think it's worth it since I do play a lot of Game Pass Games. The All Access, I believe, includes EA games (which I personally don't care about besides FIFA)

View attachment 67220

All Access is the plan they have to get a new console + game pass. Series S was $25 a month for 2 years, Series X was $35.

I was approved for my line of credit through Citizens One/Gamestop, went to check out and Gamestop sold out of consoles. Since I was approved Citizen One put a hard inquiry onto my credit. Microsoft then had some become available and I got denied this time. Entire process has been confusing.

All Access is the plan they have to get a new console + game pass. Series S was $25 a month for 2 years, Series X was $35.

I was approved for my line of credit through Citizens One/Gamestop, went to check out and Gamestop sold out of consoles. Since I was approved Citizen One put a hard inquiry onto my credit. Microsoft then had some become available and I got denied this time. Entire process has been confusing.
Wait... you can’t just buy the console outright? You need to buy with credit? That seems fishy.

Wait... you can’t just buy the console outright? You need to buy with credit? That seems fishy.
You can still buy the console outright — All Access is just the new "subscription" option to get you into next-gen without having to fork over hundreds upfront. By including Game Pass + XBL, too, it seems like a pretty neat alternative if you're looking to jump in right away.

@lonestarlahr nailed it, it's just another option to get into the ecosystem. Since I'm already paying the $15 a month for game pass I figured what was $20 more. Well that idea got shot down.

Ended up getting one through best buy with 0% interest for 18 months so it comes out to be like $27 a month.

You can still buy the console outright — All Access is just the new "subscription" option to get you into next-gen without having to fork over hundreds upfront. By including Game Pass + XBL, too, it seems like a pretty neat alternative if you're looking to jump in right away.
@lonestarlahr nailed it, it's just another option to get into the ecosystem. Since I'm already paying the $15 a month for game pass I figured what was $20 more. Well that idea got shot down.

Ended up getting one through best buy with 0% interest for 18 months so it comes out to be like $27 a month.

ah okay gotcha. I already pay for Live + Game Pass so I would probably just buy the console separately as a lump sum and then my details should transfer over to the new system. But yeah, for people not having $500~ right off the bat that’s a good deal.

Back