Everything Video Games!

I liked Rise better than Shadow. In Shadow there's loads to explore and a lot to collect and I realized I was just running around collecting things before I went back and progressed further in the story. I didn't not enjoy it, but it was tedious trying to collect everything for achievements/trophies, when in the end it didn't matter. Have you played the first game that came out in 2013? I had planned on playing it, but I never got around to it before it was taken off Game Pass. Next time I see it on sale I'll grab it.

I just started playing this yesterday. I had it downloaded off GamePass for like a month but never got around to playing it. I spent the majority of May playing Assassin's Cred: Oddyssey. I put about 3 hours into Savage Planet and it feels like it won't take much longer to complete. It's pretty fun, the landscapes remind me of the Outer Worlds (which I didn't enjoy, but these are better), mechanics are pretty easy, kinda goofy, enemies aren't too hard to defeat, I like it.
I played it on the PS3. Got about halfway through it, but there was a stealth bit I couldn't get past, so gave up. Still have a PS3, so I might download it again!

I played it on the PS3. Got about halfway through it, but there was a stealth bit I couldn't get past, so gave up. Still have a PS3, so I might download it again!
there's loads of games I used to play when I was younger I just gave up when I got to a part I couldn't finish. Now I just grab my phone and look up how to do it if I struggle with how to complete a puzzle or where to find something if I can't figure it out after 10 or 15 minutes.

there's loads of games I used to play when I was younger I just gave up when I got to a part I couldn't finish. Now I just grab my phone and look up how to do it if I struggle with how to complete a puzzle or where to find something if I can't figure it out after 10 or 15 minutes.
I'm in my early forties, it's more my responses failing me now!

I finished Blasphemous 100% last night. Regrettably, I did all the requirements for the good ending, so I wasn't able to view both endings. Overall, the game was really fun, and has a lot of interesting imagery and themes.

One particular high was the second to last boss fight. Since this game is a platformer Souls-like, natrually most bosses are either giant hulking damage bombs or smaller quick/over the top dodgefests. The second to last boss balanced things really well. The boss is a small enemy, but not particularly fast, and telegraphs attacks in a fair manner. The boss' basic pattern is sword slashes that have large hit areas like a large boss, and a ground slam that sends out shock waves. On top of that, this boss can parry your attacks, and you can counter parry, so there is a really good mix of parry, dodge, and attack. The thing I really liked about this was that this fight felt like a proper sword fight between two equals.

As far a negatives go, they're really just a few small nitpicks. A couple of the achievements and collectibles are really convoluted. One of them is for completing a multipart quest without people dying. I kept finding the items required, but no indication that I wasn't delivering them at the right time or before fighting certain bosses. No way I would figure that out without a guide. One of the collectibles using a ground slam move that you get. Only one. Sure, the item states that it can break unstable flooring, but this is the only place it is actually used, and there is little to no visual indication that you need to use it there. There were a couple others that use mechanics that aren't really explained unless you go out of your way to check in the options for a tutorial, but once you figure out how those mechanics work, it makes sense in context of the area. Other than that, a few little control oddities and some cheap hits from a couple of bosses weakened the experience slightly, but not enough to ruin the experience.

Still trying to get a Boss Rush win with The Lost on Binding of Isaac... Came really close yesterday, had a one shot boss build, but an off screen laser from The Bloat crushed my dreams

PS5:

all games look like prerendered cutscenes,
console looks ugly
no idea about the price tag
hyped for spiderman with miles morales
the hyper light drifter peoples game looked nice
RATCHET AND CLANK
I quite liked the design but there’s nothing game wise to make me buy it at launch. I’ll probably wait until GTA 6 comes out before getting one.

It definitely looks different. Probably be some fun two-tone colour variants down the road.

Some interesting looking games, but I don't get consoles at launch out of principle. Deathloop has an awesome design aesthetic and looks fun. That Little Devils Inside game looks cool too.

I don't have a problem with the design, definitely prefer it to the Xbox one. I've never really cared much about that though.

Anybody recommend REVII? The RE2 remake is the first one I've played through since 4 and I loved it. I heard that 7 was somewhat a return to form and it is on sale for $9.99.
I didn’t like the switch to first person but I’m in the minority on that I’m pretty sure. They nail the atmosphere and the story is solid, it’s just a different game imo.

I like the PS5 design a lot. I plan on getting at launch as I've never done that before with a console. That'll all depend on what actually gets released with it, and if anything else takes priority with my money at the time. Gran Turismo 7 could be pretty exciting if it can capture the magic of 2&3

Nobody mentioned Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Excited for that one. Not sure when I'll be able to talk myself into getting a new console by though.

Nobody mentioned Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Excited for that one. Not sure when I'll be able to talk myself into getting a new console by though.
Yeah they didn't even say HZD was a launch game, and even that Miles Morales Spiderman thing is more of a new part of a 'remastered' version of the PS4 Spiderman. I just hope they don't release anything too great for a while so I can wait for the inevitable console revision.

Back