Everything Video Games!

I finally bought DOOM

As well as ace attorney and pre-ordered battle for bikini bottom remastered

Super Mega Baseball 3 is out today, I'm looking forward to checking it out tonight. If anyone's interested in baseball games I really recommend checking this series out, I like it a lot more than The Show.

Picked up Tabletop Simulator.

Legality? Questionable.
Functionality? Very cool.

We've been doing this for the past couple weekends with varying success. The best games to learn the controls have been the ones without dice or spin wheels. We had a lot of fun with Carcassone last weekend.

Blood Music's VirtuaVerse released today on Steam. CyberPunk point and click with a fantastic synthwave soundtrack.

Put in 5 hours yesterday and even more today. Making it pretty far, but I'm past where anyone's asked for hints in the "stuck" discussion on Steam already. Kinda unsure what to do now, eek!

I'm enjoying it, though! Certain parts make you linger too long with one musical track on loop that can drive you a bit... well.. loopy. (Sorry, not sorry.) Features plenty of unconventional puzzles (supposedly a la Monkey Island, which I never played) but nowhere near as difficult as Machinarium, which is a game that infuriated me, so at least that's good. (I prefer Amanita's other P&C's adventures.)

We've been doing this for the past couple weekends with varying success. The best games to learn the controls have been the ones without dice or spin wheels. We had a lot of fun with Carcassone last weekend.

Yeah, definite learning curve. Looking forward to actually sitting and playing something with friends, though.

I'm 50 hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I don't even feel like I'm a quarter of the way through the game yet. To say this game is massive would be an understatement. It's easily the best combat AC game I've played so far. There's not that much sneaking, you don't need to always sneak, you can just run into forts and houses and just start attacking. The combat is so much fun that I've been doing that mostly. The bow combat is very reminiscent of the newest Tomb Raider games, along with a lot of the quests and dialogue. Both games are developed by Quebecois companies. I wonder if there is/was a crossing over period of people developing both games, or similarities in styles because of that. The naval battles are pretty fun. Once you upgrade your ship a handful of times with better defense the combat is pretty easy. The weapon upgrades are similar to Borderlands with each item being a new level and you can't use the item until you're that level. Plus there are tiers of weapons like in Borderlands; grey -> blue -> purple -> gold. The best thing about AC compared to BL is that you can upgrade your weapons to your level if you like the attributes instead of the weapon going stale after getting too strong for it.

If you're looking for an expansive RPG to get lost in, I'd recommend this game 100%. It's a mix of Tomb Raider, Skyrim, RDR2, Borderlands and of course Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:
look i LOVE point and click games (and im including phoenix wright as a point and click because in many ways it is), but the one thing i hate is how whenever i get even the SLIGHTEST bit stuck on them i go to a walkthrough and then never think for the rest of the game

Back