Everything Video Games!

I recently redownloaded Sea of Thieves. It's a beautiful game, I love the sailing aspect, I hate fighting other pirates.
I just want to sail around and dig up treasure... I don't want to take it from other people and I hate griefers. I logged in for the first time since the month it released and before I left the tavern area three dudes had stolen my small ship. So I killed them all, which was fine. then I tried to discretely investigate a shipwreck and was chased by a Galleon for a half an hour. I was able to kill them enough to where they weren't able to get my treasure, but I didn't get it either. Then the second time I jumped on I was literally just sitting at a port in my empty boat trying to fish when these guys game up and sunk me... There was no purpose, nothing to take... So annoying.

It's fun to play with friends, though.

"iam8bit is always keen on innovation, and the Ape Out vinyl soundtrack is truly a first-of-its-kind revelation. This is an experimental “LIVE” album, but instead of microphones on stage, we put a controller in the hands of developer Gabe Cuzzillo to drive the performance. The results are frenetic, beautiful, rhythmic and unlike anything you’ve ever heard. That’s thanks to brilliant procedural music and sound design by Matt Boch, who empowers players to be their own band. The listening experience is akin to witnessing a King Kong drum circle of jazz greats madly riffing — sharp, energetic percussive beats, bumps and thumps flowing and jiving in inexplicably awesome ways. This is one of the coolest — and most insane — pieces of wax you’ll treat your turntable to."
1588093954843.png

"iam8bit is always keen on innovation, and the Ape Out vinyl soundtrack is truly a first-of-its-kind revelation. This is an experimental “LIVE” album, but instead of microphones on stage, we put a controller in the hands of developer Gabe Cuzzillo to drive the performance. The results are frenetic, beautiful, rhythmic and unlike anything you’ve ever heard. That’s thanks to brilliant procedural music and sound design by Matt Boch, who empowers players to be their own band. The listening experience is akin to witnessing a King Kong drum circle of jazz greats madly riffing — sharp, energetic percussive beats, bumps and thumps flowing and jiving in inexplicably awesome ways. This is one of the coolest — and most insane — pieces of wax you’ll treat your turntable to."
View attachment 43613
Just came here to post this! Wondered if they might do a release like this when I finished the game last week. Cool idea, but I'm happy just picking up the game to make my own sounds, since it's perfectly designed for quick plays.

Lots of game sales out there everyone! I personally picked up Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair on Xbox for half off ($14.99).

Also, I've passed the 50 hour mark in Final Fantasy XV. Still loving the boy band road trip. I'm about to hit level 50, neat coincidence that my gameplay hours almost match my level in the game!

Lots of game sales out there everyone! I personally picked up Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair on Xbox for half off ($14.99).
I've been meaning to play that, I've heard really good things. Just need to clear a couple more things out of my backlog first...

Edit: picked up Yooka Laylee and the Lair from the playstation sale, looking forward to checking it out tonight

Last edited:
Any fellow miners here? Game's been in early access now for 2 years or so, but hits 1.0 in a couple of weeks.

Anybody have an Xbox One they're trying to part with at a reasonable price? 🤔

(I don't necessarily need this just curious. Have a ton of excess income this year with all the cancelled plans.)

Also, I've passed the 50 hour mark in Final Fantasy XV. Still loving the boy band road trip. I'm about to hit level 50, neat coincidence that my gameplay hours almost match my level in the game!
I've put like 5 hours into this game so far. It's the first FF game I've ever played and I don't know if I like it. It's kinda interesting but boring at times. I don't know. I wish the days were longer so I could do more stuff without having to camp. Also the combat is way too congested and button mashy. Does it get better?
Anybody have an Xbox One they're trying to part with at a reasonable price? 🤔

(I don't necessarily need this just curious. Have a ton of excess income this year with all the cancelled plans.)
You could get a decently priced one on ebay for like $269 or so. It's $100 cheaper than they were going for last year.

I've put like 5 hours into this game so far. It's the first FF game I've ever played and I don't know if I like it. It's kinda interesting but boring at times. I don't know. I wish the days were longer so I could do more stuff without having to camp. Also the combat is way too congested and button mashy. Does it get better?

You could get a decently priced one on ebay for like $269 or so. It's $100 cheaper than they were going for last year.

If you give up on FFXV, don't let it put you off the others, it is incredibly different. I haven't played it, so I don't have an opinion on its quality.

Last edited:
If you give up on FFXV, don't let it put you off the others, it is incredibly different. I haven't played it, so I don't have an opinion on its quality.
After I asked that, I searched “why do people like Final Fantasy so much?” And I found that, like you said, every game is very different which is surprising to me. Do they all have the same basic premise of having a squad traveling around in a new world?

It depends on how you build your character. It is pretty button mashy throughout, but you start picking up on little ways to improve things. You get different team up moves for your team, and you can use magic and some other abilities. Also, if you put enough AP into it, you can unlock the ability to control each character in battle.

This, 100%. Everything about this game is different than all the other entries. Everything up to X is turn-based, and 12 & 13 are a little more action oriented.

With XV, I can see how a lot of people would dislike it. The story is kind of basic and things just flat out aren't explained. Characters can be a bit awkward and goofy. There's plenty of filler side missions and fetch quests. That being said, there's something about it that has sucked me in and keeps me going. I figured I'd get burned out by now, but I have a lot of fun just driving around hunting monsters and looking for dungeons. Plus, the fishing is better than Animal Crossing, so it's got that going for it (I also love Animal Crossing btw)!

After I asked that, I searched “why do people like Final Fantasy so much?” And I found that, like you said, every game is very different which is surprising to me. Do they all have the same basic premise of having a squad traveling around in a new world?
Much like you, I wasn't at all versed in FF before sitting through a few play-throughs by my SO. I think FFXV might be the first I witnessed start to finish. It was not at all what I expected, though there was a lot I enjoyed about it (esp. the organic character interactions and seemingly endless capacity for new dialogue).

I watched a few other FF games (some only in parts because I ended up tuning them out), but I will say FF7 Remake was a spectacle as a bystander with zero connection to the original. It seems t have built on some of the successful battle systems of FFXV, so I guess FFXV has that going for it? (Good battle mechanics.)

Back