Everything Video Games!

I bought Assassins Creed Odyssey about a year ago but I’m finally getting around to playing it now. It’s amazing so far. The last Assasins Creed game I played was Syndicate, which was mostly normal, what you’d expect from an AC game. But this is very different, great RPG elements, and gameplay is a mix of Tomb Raider and Red Dead Redemption. It’s really fun.

I bought Assassins Creed Odyssey about a year ago but I’m finally getting around to playing it now. It’s amazing so far. The last Assasins Creed game I played was Syndicate, which was mostly normal, what you’d expect from an AC game. But this is very different, great RPG elements, and gameplay is a mix of Tomb Raider and Red Dead Redemption. It’s really fun.
I think I'll pick this up next since it's on sale, sounds great.

An angry Naughty Dog developer has leaker pretty much all of The Last of Us, Pt. 2 online. Entire story spoilers.

Not saying they were in the right at all (sucks for the lower level workers who have been working on it, and the folks who have waited a long time for the story), but hopefully this represents a watershed moment in developer's rights. Naughty Dog has treated their employees like garbage and Covid seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

An angry Naughty Dog developer has leaker pretty much all of The Last of Us, Pt. 2 online. Entire story spoilers.

Not saying they were in the right at all (sucks for the lower level workers who have been working on it, and the folks who have waited a long time for the story), but hopefully this represents a watershed moment in developer's rights. Naughty Dog has treated their employees like garbage and Covid seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
Would be great, but somehow I doubt it, since the last few big stories like this don't seem to have made a lasting impact either.

I think I'll pick this up next since it's on sale, sounds great.
I managed to pick it up for $20 with a physical copy. Last I checked, at least for Xbox in the store it was $60. I find games are insanely cheaper with a disc but I don’t really want to have too many discs hanging around. Since, depending on the game, once I beat it, I’ll likely never play it again.

I managed to pick it up for $20 with a physical copy. Last I checked, at least for Xbox in the store it was $60. I find games are insanely cheaper with a disc but I don’t really want to have too many discs hanging around. Since, depending on the game, once I beat it, I’ll likely never play it again.
Nice. I think it's better to get a physical, but I'm usually too impatient to wait for a delivery. Standard was still $60 on PSN, but the deluxe edition was $20. 🤷‍♂️

Nice. I think it's better to get a physical, but I'm usually too impatient to wait for a delivery. Standard was still $60 on PSN, but the deluxe edition was $20. 🤷‍♂️
That’s so strange. The copy I had came with a card for one of the DLCs I didn’t even know that when I bought it. Plus I believe the main story and entire game is just massive so even without DLC there’s like days of content. I’ve seen reviews where people have said they’ve put 200 hours into the game and it’s still fun. The most I’ve ever done was almost 6 days with Skyrim with all of the DLC.

That’s so strange. The copy I had came with a card for one of the DLCs I didn’t even know that when I bought it. Plus I believe the main story and entire game is just massive so even without DLC there’s like days of content. I’ve seen reviews where people have said they’ve put 200 hours into the game and it’s still fun.
Yeah, seems like a really great bang for your buck with the sale. I really enjoyed Black Flag and it looks like this one takes some great stuff from that. As far as I can tell, deluxe doesn't give me any DLC except some armor sets and stuff. I've never understood why people would pay extra for that, but that's just me I guess. I'll certainly pay less for it!

Odyssey was my GOTY for 2018. It's so so good. I've been pretty mixed on AC games recently so I wasn't expecting to like Odyssey nearly as much as I actually did. It's hyooge so I still haven't really explored everything on the map yet...

I got through all of The Outer Worlds last week. Really enjoyed it, liked it a lot better than any of the new Fallout games. This is chiefly because of the writing, which is hilariously sarcastic and dark in all the right places.

Starting in on Octopath Traveller on the Switch now. Them old school RPG feels though...

Yeah, seems like a really great bang for your buck with the sale. I really enjoyed Black Flag and it looks like this one takes some great stuff from that. As far as I can tell, deluxe doesn't give me any DLC except some armor sets and stuff. I've never understood why people would pay extra for that, but that's just me I guess. I'll certainly pay less for it!
I’ve also heard Black Flag was good, I might try that one next. I’ve played the very first 3/4 games in the AC series, then missed a bunch before I finally upgraded to an XBone last year. I played Syndicate based on some positive reviews and Odyssey. Origins I heard was decent but not quite as good as Odyssey.

I’ve also heard Black Flag was good, I might try that one next. I’ve played the very first 3/4 games in the AC series, then missed a bunch before I finally upgraded to an XBone last year. I played Syndicate based on some positive reviews and Odyssey. Origins I heard was decent but not quite as good as Odyssey.
It was the last one I played. Really enjoyed the ship battles and Pirates are always fun. Can't remember what the last one I played before that was.

It was the last one I played. Really enjoyed the ship battles and Pirates are always fun. Can't remember what the last one I played before that was.
I'm told Black Flag is great but the ship battles are my absolute least favourite thing in Odyssey, so I'm not sure I could handle a game that's soaked with them.

I'm told Black Flag is great but the ship battles are my absolute least favourite thing in Odyssey, so I'm not sure I could handle a game that's soaked with them.
That has me a little worried because I instantly think of Sea of Thieves which I played for about an hour before realizing it’s terrible. I’ll keep and open mind since I know it’s different.

That has me a little worried because I instantly think of Sea of Thieves which I played for about an hour before realizing it’s terrible. I’ll keep and open mind since I know it’s different.
Ha, to each their own. I just remember sailing around and destroying other ships being fun. It's pretty simple. Not sure what Sea of Thieves is like.

Back