Everything Video Games!

Daughter and her boyfriend are playing Super Paper Mario on our Wii that hasn't been hooked up in 2 years.

I'd love to get a Switch, but there aren't really any deals to speak of, right?

Daughter and her boyfriend are playing Super Paper Mario on our Wii that hasn't been hooked up in 2 years.

I'd love to get a Switch, but there aren't really any deals to speak of, right?
I was going to say you could get 10% off one on eBay with the code running now, but they are all priced crazy, is there a shortage now or something?

Sega Genesis Mini Console w/ 2 Controllers & 42 Games

SEGA Genesis Mini Console & 2 wired controllers
40 games + 2 Bonus Games
Power cable & USB adapter
HDMI cable
Pre-loaded with 40 Genesis Games:
Ecco the Dolphin
Castlevania Bloodlines
Space Harrier II
Shining Force
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Toe Jam & Earl
Comix Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog
Altered Beast
Gunstar Heroes
Castle of Illusion Staring Mickey Mouse
World of Illusion Staring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Thunder Force III
Super Fantasy Zone
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Streets of Rage 2
Earthworm Jim
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Contra Hard Corps
Landstalker
Beyond Oasis
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Alex Kidd
Golden Axe
Phantasy Star IV
Street Fighter 2
Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Sonic Spinball
Vectorman
Wonderboy in Monster World
Virtua Fighter 2
Alisia Dragoon
Columns
Dynamite Headdy
Strider
Kid Chameleon
Light Crusader
Monster World IV
Eternal Champions
Road Rash II
Bonus Games
Tetris
Darius

Best Buy has Sega Genesis Mini Console w/ 2 Controllers & 42 Games on sale for $39.99. Shipping is free, otherwise select free store pickup where available.

So because a new game came out, people started charging $500 on eBay for the console that you can order from BestBuy for $299? Weird.
Yeah, actually. The virus confining people to their homes and shutting down nonessential stores, and limiting hours, has made getting things difficult. They are counting on stores to sell out, or people not be able to get one quick enough for their loved ones birthday or whatever. And some people will pay that much to make sure they get something. Or skip looking in certain places all together. You'd be surprised how many people don't shop around. Imagine an 83 year old grandma who knows her granddaughter wants Animal Crossing more than anything and her birthday is tomorrow, so she types "Nintendo Switch" into Bing and clicks the first link that shows up. She's not going to know any different. People prey on that shit.

In other news, GameStop is the worst and deserves to fail!

How does a company that sells physical version of games that people can download for the same price and less hassle get to the delusional space that they consider themselves "essential retail"? I mean, I am 100% for physical media, but......like......common sense, man......

In other news, GameStop is the worst and deserves to fail!

How does a company that sells physical version of games that people can download for the same price and less hassle get to the delusional space that they consider themselves "essential retail"? I mean, I am 100% for physical media, but......like......common sense, man......
They saw the potential for increased sales during a mandatory "stay at home" period and tried to skirt the system. Luckily it did not work. California shut them all down, at least.

I grabbed Animal Crossing today, I've never played one before, but the hype was too real.

Friend code is SW-1579-2548-0299 if anyone is interested.
let me know what you think. I haven't played one since the original DS one and while I enjoyed it I feel like I didn't need any of the others, including New Horizons. but as someone who never played one is be interested in your thoughts as I'm teetering on whether or not I want to pick it up.

I grabbed Animal Crossing today, I've never played one before, but the hype was too real.

Same here. Started it last night after waiting at least 40 mins for it to download. So we haven’t done much yet, but already I’m pretty into it. Like I was a little unsure just reading about it but the chill nature of it is hitting the spot right now.

I’m interested in your feedback as well. Like you, I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game but I must admit I’m tempted due to the intoxicating mix of hype + pandemic. Tbh I still don’t quite understand what the appeal of the game is, which is why I’m curious to read how others describe it.

On an unrelated/wrong-thread note, I binge-read all 54 issues of Saga a couple of weeks ago. Now I totally get your avatar and I’m inspired to change mine.

you know, all this animal crossing hype got me feeling nostalgic for all the early ‘10s Facebook games like Farmville and Cityville. anyone else on here played these games back when people were actually using it?

N64 goldeneye fans...better jump soon

let me know what you think. I haven't played one since the original DS one and while I enjoyed it I feel like I didn't need any of the others, including New Horizons. but as someone who never played one is be interested in your thoughts as I'm teetering on whether or not I want to pick it up.
I’m interested in your feedback as well. Like you, I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game but I must admit I’m tempted due to the intoxicating mix of hype + pandemic. Tbh I still don’t quite understand what the appeal of the game is, which is why I’m curious to read how others describe it.

On an unrelated/wrong-thread note, I binge-read all 54 issues of Saga a couple of weeks ago. Now I totally get your avatar and I’m inspired to change mine.
It's fun. I feel like there is a ton to do even though it's all very simple. I played it by myself for about 2 hours and then my wife started a game and we played together for a while. She seems to enjoy it more than any other game I can remember, and It's fun setting up the island together. I dont think its anything super special, but I was also hooked into it for most of the night. I really like that it takes place in real time, and you have to wait for the next actually day to arrive to continue on, which should encourage daily play (especially with our current work schedules) As someone who was kind of skeptical and bought it mostly off of hype, I'm happy with my purchase after 1 night of the game.

Back