Everything Video Games!

Got it hooked up and got all of our data transferred over from the old unit

View attachment 36310
Those colors...I love it!

I was on the fence about getting this game, figured I'd wait until some reviews were out. I'm now on the work-from-home/social-distance train and it might be a nice distraction.

What about everyone else? Quarantine got you burning through a backlog, or replaying an old favorite? I just finished a quick replay of Super Mario World last night.

Got it hooked up and got all of our data transferred over from the old unit

View attachment 36310

it's been taking me all evening transferring everything to my new switch. the user transfer thankfully is pretty easy, but didn't realize i had so much DLC/digital games installed on my switch until now, i've been downloading everything one by one

I was on the fence about getting this game, figured I'd wait until some reviews were out. I'm now on the work-from-home/social-distance train and it might be a nice distraction.

What about everyone else? Quarantine got you burning through a backlog, or replaying an old favorite? I just finished a quick replay of Super Mario World last night.

I'm playing AC New Leaf on my old 3DS, Dragon Quest XI on my Switch, and Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire on my PC.

I too am looking forward to the new Animal Crossing. I was going to go to GameStop to get the cart, but given the current climate I will likely just do an Amazon order. Haven't played a game on the Switch since beating Pokemon Sword, which left me with a lackluster feeling.

I too am looking forward to the new Animal Crossing. I was going to go to GameStop to get the cart, but given the current climate I will likely just do an Amazon order. Haven't played a game on the Switch since beating Pokemon Sword, which left me with a lackluster feeling.

I just did the digital download/purchase for Animal Crossing because I'll be playing it quite often and that way it's available to play as soon as it hits midnight on Thursday night (or 9 pm here in California)

I just did the digital download/purchase for Animal Crossing because I'll be playing it quite often and that way it's available to play as soon as it hits midnight on Thursday night (or 9 pm here in California)
Yeah I’m the type to typically go physical release, but I might just get an sd card from amazon and do the digital download.

Yeah I’m the type to typically go physical release, but I might just get an sd card from amazon and do the digital download.

Is your internal memory full because you don't necessarily need that SD card to download it. Since I was setting up a new Switch anyway, I downloaded AC to the internal memory (which is recommended because of faster loading times) and put all of our other games on a card. Either way, AC takes up about 6 gigs of storage.

Is your internal memory full because you don't necessarily need that SD card to download it. Since I was setting up a new Switch anyway, I downloaded AC to the internal memory (which is recommended because of faster loading times) and put all of our other games on a card. Either way, AC takes up about 6 gigs of storage.
I have 11 gigs free, but the card may still be on the horizon. I don’t want to eventually Tetris around my digital purchases (a few small indie games like Hollow Knight and Celeste) once the internal memory fills.

That's a very good idea. I think I'm going to kill my preorder on Amazon, this is one cart you wouldn't want to lose.

Yeah, that is what spurred me as I carried the New Leaf cart everywhere with me, and it was a PITA to switch out. Back when I was a kid in the GC days I mostly just left the disc in the console haha.

We'll need to exchange codes here so we can visit each other's islands... We might need an Animal Crossing thread

Anybody have a classic PS3 controller with a decent life span they want to sell me? Maybe even two of them? All mine are broken and the 3rd party one I bought on Amazon sucks ass. I've been unable to finish Far Cry 3 and Rayman Origins both of which I was in the process of chipping away at right before getting addicted to Stardew Valley last fall.

On a more modern note, I finally beat GoW (2018) the other night. It was as good as advertised. I'm now zipping through Hellblade: Sanua's Sacrifice which I am also very much enjoying. Phenomenal sound design, stylistic graphics, interesting lore and unique puzzles. More importantly, shades of Eternal Darkness in it’s effective interweaving of gameplay mechanisms and psychological horror.

AND I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Switch in preparation for the incoming quarantine. Tackling Undertale and Smash (the single player of which I'm finding shockingly difficult) to break it in.

Too. Many. Games.

Last edited:
I've been playing a lot of games in short bursts lately.

Still playing Death's Gambit here and there, but I've hit a bit of a wall and have decided to take a short break.

Still working my way through Luigi's Mansion 3. I think I'm about 60% through. I mostly play on my work breaks so progress has been slow but steady.

I'm still playing Binding of Isaac almost daily. I've been trying to get wins with The Lost, and after roughly 250 runs (15% or so restarts), I've cleared both the Negative and Polaroid routes, as well as beaten Hush and Delirium. I'm still working on Boss Rush and Mega Satan though. After that many runs, going back to a regular character feels like easy mode. And then I tried out The Keeper. That one's going to be a pain too.

Started playing Indivisible the other day, and I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand the voice work and animations are awesome, and the combat is a bit different from anything else I can think of. It's also challenging without being too difficult. However, the platforming can be really clunky, and it feels like I'm going to have to eventually back track EVERYWHERE if I want to 100% it. I'm all for hiding stuff here and there to encourage this sort of thing, but from what I've seen so far it feels a bit excessive, especially given the controls. Also, the combat, while different, feels a bit same-y after a while. I think the game as a whole is worth a look, but just be warned it has some issues.

Wife and I are still working trough Borderlands 3, and I'm also working on a solo run, mostly on the weekends. Just got through the Pain and Terror fight on solo, and we're at Nekrotafeio together. I've been playing FL4K with my wife and Moze solo. Although FL4K feels like Mordecai 2.0, I honestly prefer Moze overall. The mech feels built for solo runs, and has become basically an overpowered second life when I play.

Finally, I started playing Dead Cells last night. It's been on my radar since launch, just didn't have the money. They put it on Game Pass a while back, and I'm kicking myself for not playing it sooner. I love how fast paced it is, and how much of a dream it is to control. Everything feels a bit loose, yet incredibly accurate, it's kind of hard to describe. Did 4 runs last night, and made it almost through the Ramparts (I need to learn to heal). I like the speed and no damage kill bonuses after each level, adds a lot of risk and reward. Honetly, I don't have any complaints on this one yet.

Ah, yeah. Dead Cells. That's the other one. Basically December-last weekend my gaming life has consisted of it and GoW (+ the vague desire to get a PS3 controller). It's a really, really great game. Mechanics are super satisfying and the weapon variations really change up the play style. But I can't get past the final boss so I'm taking a break.

loved Enter The Gungeon, Exit The Gungeon looks awesome...too bad I have a big backlog of games to think about getting this one just yet.

Back