Everything Video Games!

I've been making my way through Dark souls for the first time. Great game. I've finished both Demons Souls and Bloodborne so not completely new to it.
I'm almost done with DS: Remastered too! It's taken up quite a lot of my free time these past few weeks. I got stuck on Bloodborne a while back, and I've played a small bit of DS3, so it feels good to be nearing the end for once. Just have the expansion and New Londo left.

yea, man. it be like that.

although i wouldn't say i don't like the game, more-so that i'm not really playing anything atm but still wanted the switch upgrade

I would assume that you ordered it from another country? Because the one here in the U.S. doesn't come with the game included.

I was lucky enough to get one from Amazon here but it comes out a week before the game, and it's sold separately. I don't know why they didn't just include it like they're doing everywhere else.

yeah, specially since every single other game-themed switch (pokemon let's go, smash, odyssey) has come with the digital version of the game included.

I'm almost done with DS: Remastered too! It's taken up quite a lot of my free time these past few weeks. I got stuck on Bloodborne a while back, and I've played a small bit of DS3, so it feels good to be nearing the end for once. Just have the expansion and New Londo left.
I love how you can take completely different routes through the game as I've already done New Londo but have a couple other places to go. New Londo was pretty tough though as was the boss.

Speaking of From Software, I finally beat Genichiro in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. For context, I bought Sekiro when it came out last March, reached Genichiro around May, and have been challenged by his lightning ass for the nine months since. Anytime I had a chance to game, I'd load up Sekiro, go at Genichiro for 10-15 minutes, then play whatever main game I've been playing. I haven't been this long-term hung up on a boss fight since Dark Souls 1. Feels good to be on the other side finally.

I love how you can take completely different routes through the game as I've already done New Londo but have a couple other places to go. New Londo was pretty tough though as was the boss.
I remember the first time I played, I tried going the New Londo route first. "Oh, look at these ghosts, how slow and unassuming. I think this is the right way to..." *YOU DIED* "Well, maybe I'll try the graveyard..." *YOU DIED* "Guess I'll look around more... Hey this hill path isn't so bad!"

giphy.gif

I've been playing a lot of games in short bursts lately.

Still playing Death's Gambit here and there, but I've hit a bit of a wall and have decided to take a short break.

Still working my way through Luigi's Mansion 3. I think I'm about 60% through. I mostly play on my work breaks so progress has been slow but steady.

I'm still playing Binding of Isaac almost daily. I've been trying to get wins with The Lost, and after roughly 250 runs (15% or so restarts), I've cleared both the Negative and Polaroid routes, as well as beaten Hush and Delirium. I'm still working on Boss Rush and Mega Satan though. After that many runs, going back to a regular character feels like easy mode. And then I tried out The Keeper. That one's going to be a pain too.

Started playing Indivisible the other day, and I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand the voice work and animations are awesome, and the combat is a bit different from anything else I can think of. It's also challenging without being too difficult. However, the platforming can be really clunky, and it feels like I'm going to have to eventually back track EVERYWHERE if I want to 100% it. I'm all for hiding stuff here and there to encourage this sort of thing, but from what I've seen so far it feels a bit excessive, especially given the controls. Also, the combat, while different, feels a bit same-y after a while. I think the game as a whole is worth a look, but just be warned it has some issues.

Wife and I are still working trough Borderlands 3, and I'm also working on a solo run, mostly on the weekends. Just got through the Pain and Terror fight on solo, and we're at Nekrotafeio together. I've been playing FL4K with my wife and Moze solo. Although FL4K feels like Mordecai 2.0, I honestly prefer Moze overall. The mech feels built for solo runs, and has become basically an overpowered second life when I play.

Finally, I started playing Dead Cells last night. It's been on my radar since launch, just didn't have the money. They put it on Game Pass a while back, and I'm kicking myself for not playing it sooner. I love how fast paced it is, and how much of a dream it is to control. Everything feels a bit loose, yet incredibly accurate, it's kind of hard to describe. Did 4 runs last night, and made it almost through the Ramparts (I need to learn to heal). I like the speed and no damage kill bonuses after each level, adds a lot of risk and reward. Honetly, I don't have any complaints on this one yet.

Anyone seen the newest Doom Eternal TV spot?

I like hip-hop and all but a christian rap artists music being used to promote a game that uses strictly heavy metal and demons for its schtick seems strange. 😅

Back