Everything Video Games!

Anyone playing Lies of P? Been watching Northernlion play it lately, and the FromSoft itch has been coming back again. I know it's not their game, but damn if it's not close so far. Seems like this one focuses on the block aspect of combat, so that's going to take some getting used to. Took 4 tries to beat the first boss, entirely based on my terrible block timing.

Also debating what I want to do next in Binding of Isaac. I beat Mega Satan with Tainted lost, so all that's left is Greedier. I hate that mode, so I don't really want to do it, but I also don't want to quit this character and come back to it, so I might just power through before switching to a different character.

Anyone playing Lies of P? Been watching Northernlion play it lately, and the FromSoft itch has been coming back again. I know it's not their game, but damn if it's not close so far. Seems like this one focuses on the block aspect of combat, so that's going to take some getting used to. Took 4 tries to beat the first boss, entirely based on my terrible block timing.

Also debating what I want to do next in Binding of Isaac. I beat Mega Satan with Tainted lost, so all that's left is Greedier. I hate that mode, so I don't really want to do it, but I also don't want to quit this character and come back to it, so I might just power through before switching to a different character.
Really itching to play this and Lords of The Fallen. Seems like the world has been blessed with two top tier Soulslikes the past two months.

Also been paralyzed with pulling the trigger on any games this year though, theres so much good stuff to play. I made it through God of War on the hardest difficulty and now trying to decide between one of the following

• Hogwarts Legacy
• Cyberpunk 2077
• Lies of P
• Lords of The Fallen

Really itching to play this and Lords of The Fallen. Seems like the world has been blessed with two top tier Soulslikes the past two months.

Also been paralyzed with pulling the trigger on any games this year though, theres so much good stuff to play. I made it through God of War on the hardest difficulty and now trying to decide between one of the following

• Hogwarts Legacy
• Cyberpunk 2077
• Lies of P
• Lords of The Fallen
If you haven't played Cyberpunk, and you have a Series X or a PS5, and you like Blade Runner even a LITTLE bit, you HAVE to play it. The 2.0 upgrade last month turned it into an entirely different game, both gameplay and visually. I think it's the most "alive" world I've ever seen, even better than GTA though maybe not Red Dead 2, but it's close. The city is absolutely astonishing, it's a must play. There's the usual kinda juvenile humor and overly sexual stuff they throw in there for shock value that could probably due to be toned down a bit. But on the whole it's pretty incredible, and by all accounts the new DLC starring Idris Elba is off the charts good. I haven't gotten there yet as I'm currently replaying the entire game, and like... I never replay games, it's that much improved.

If you haven't played Cyberpunk, and you have a Series X or a PS5, and you like Blade Runner even a LITTLE bit, you HAVE to play it. The 2.0 upgrade last month turned it into an entirely different game, both gameplay and visually. I think it's the most "alive" world I've ever seen, even better than GTA though maybe not Red Dead 2, but it's close. The city is absolutely astonishing, it's a must play. There's the usual kinda juvenile humor and overly sexual stuff they throw in there for shock value that could probably due to be toned down a bit. But on the whole it's pretty incredible, and by all accounts the new DLC starring Idris Elba is off the charts good. I haven't gotten there yet as I'm currently replaying the entire game, and like... I never replay games, it's that much improved.
I've been seeing all the praise with the 2.0 update and its got me seriously tempted. This was one of my most anticipated games of the last decade for me and I'm so glad it's finally in a state worth the hype. Took a while, but glad they stuck to it. Maybe I'll dive in this weekend now that it's starting to get colder in NYC. More reasons to stay inside!

I've been seeing all the praise with the 2.0 update and its got me seriously tempted. This was one of my most anticipated games of the last decade for me and I'm so glad it's finally in a state worth the hype. Took a while, but glad they stuck to it. Maybe I'll dive in this weekend now that it's starting to get colder in NYC. More reasons to stay inside!
Just for reference, here's the same scene pre 2.0 update...The-world-of-cyberpunk-2077-has-become-more-realistic-in-three-years-yet-there-are-still-some...jpeg
So yeah, massive massive change.

so I got and already started playing Pokémon Violet. This is a lot of fun! I see the criticisms already (slowness in spots, not incredible looking), but the exploratory nature of the game is great. It’s not perfect I guess - especially after playing a much more open world game with TOTK - but it’s absolutely what a new Pokémon game should be.

Back