Everything Video Games!

Walmart only stocked 3 copies, and they sold out in 45 minutes per the employee I talked to.

Diversity is the beauty of VGs. I can't stand beat 'em ups, butI'm a sucker for JRPGs (including tactical; I've probably logged over 250 hours of FF Tactics on a tiny iPhone).
I'm a big JRPG fan, it's just something about the tactics format that I absolutely cannot enjoy.

Blue Lions here!

Black Eagles is easily the most popular option, though. The ten most fielded units are all BEs + Claude.
Word. I did no research beforehand. Just tried not to think about it too much and went with my gut impression. Now I’m trying to balance my impulse to savor this playthrough/meticulously plan everything out and trying to get through this relatively quickly so I can start again with a new house. Not because I’m not enjoying the BE but I just want to see everything.

Played a bunch of Spider-Man this weekend. Still having a blast, I think I'm around 60% complete.

Man oh man do they go HARD into Miles Morales' introduction. The bombing scene was graphic enough that I had my son leave the room. Glad I did, because right after you start controlling Miles, you see a Demon execute someone. Peter meeting with Miles seemed like a huge reference to the older comic where a kid tries to help Spidey and ends up getting shot, and then Peter shows up at the hospital as a "bystander."

only got about ten hours in three houses so far. enjoying it very much, though can’t tell yet if it’s a challenging entry or not.

fwiw, playing it on hard mode and classic. also picked black eagles bc that had always been my pick since they revealed the houses mechanic back in february

also, definitely gonna buy the season pass for three houses as well. a cool thing about the switch’s first-party games is that DLC treatment has been handled really well. case in point, mario and rabbids and xenoblade 2 had incredible dlc expansions

Continuing the Spider-Man journey, and things keep surprising me.

I thought the bombing scene was dark and graphic, I was not ready for the bit with the Negative man where he's trying to get the name of the scientist who has Devil's Breath. The dude he takes over shooting himself, and you getting a bit of the splatter in view, was socking. Also, the Doc Ock bits are getting downright heartbreaking. When he reveals he has the degenerative nerve disorder that will render control of his body inert, I had a moment of "are they going to pull this off, and make me cry for the villain?" I really like how they've setup the doctor in this game, he's probably my favorite character so far. Aunt May is really good too.

Gutted to hear about Activision adding microtransactions to Nitro-Fueled. I'm just hoping it doesn't disrupt the normal game at all. I've been loving it and playing it nonstop and this just did not need to be a part of it, it was fine as it was.

Gutted to hear about Activision adding microtransactions to Nitro-Fueled. I'm just hoping it doesn't disrupt the normal game at all. I've been loving it and playing it nonstop and this just did not need to be a part of it, it was fine as it was.

Same here. I was concerned based on the structure of the Grand Prixs but when they held off I hoped we were in the clear. Online is still really frustrating with dropped lobbies and lag in races.

Same here. I was concerned based on the structure of the Grand Prixs but when they held off I hoped we were in the clear. Online is still really frustrating with dropped lobbies and lag in races.
Yeah there's a lot of things they could fine tune in the game, especially with online. I tried to read the explanation for how coins are awarded and I still don't get it. I'll come in the top three and only get like 150 or so, then come in 7th and get like 500 coins. The only consistent thing I've noticed is longer tracks = more coins.

As long as I can still unlock things the same way I have been and they don't mess with the coin system and weekend bonuses, it should be alright. Curious to see how this affects this next Grand Prix, though.

In general, longer races give more coins but there are some bonuses to the normal payout. Your first 30 min of online races each day gives 5 times the coins, online races on the weekend give twice the amount as normal. I think this guide is up to date. Yah I think if the coin payout and prices don't change it should be alright, I'm pretty sure the next GP has fewer characters to buy so the grind might not be as bad?

Got to the time skip with the Black Eagles. Ish is crazy. I'd be down to start a Fire Emblem conversation so we're not blowing up this thread with spoilers and other comments.

Haven't reached it yet. Been trying to avoid spoilers like crazy.

Nice, how's Observer? I just started a trial of Game Pass and noticed it was on there. As is Hellblade, which I plan to tackle soon.
Observer is pretty good. Also a tad frustrating at parts. Not very difficult since its journey is pretty guided, but it requires a little trial and error in a few parts. It's eerie and stylish for sure. Where it struggles most is in balancing suspense with speed, since your movement is single-speed throughout. The story is interesting though! A nice little tease for the cyberpunk senses until CP2077 comes out.

I feel accomplished, I completed Spider-Man and Inside this weekend. Both were wild rides with great stories.

Spider-Man was much darker than I anticipated. It had several plot events that shocked me. The comics touch on similar subjects from time to time, but I feel it's never been addressed in any other media. I loved how the story played out, and how well they setup the ideological opposites of Norman Osborn and Peter Parker (needs of the few vs. needs of the many). Hopefully that's not a spoiler. Also loved Doc Ock's story line. Again, possible light spoiler, but it's obvious from the beginning that the main story arc will be him going down the bad route, and they do it really well, solidifying him as a bad guy by the end.

Inside was short but full of excellent atmospheric storytelling and a great twist. I did pretty good on the collectibles for my first run, snagging 9/14 with no guide. The one in the corn field is crazy, I would have never found that (along with the secret ending), as is the one that you have to split the group of people you're leading in half in order to climb up a chain that gets obscured by the foreground when you get close to it. Other than that they just take a little exploring.

I thought Hellblade was equal parts Amazing and frustrating.

That's what I heard. That it does a lot right, and is particularly impressive due to it being an indie game. On the flip side, I heard it has some issues that a AAA team would have polished up.

Observer is pretty good. Also a tad frustrating at parts. Not very difficult since its journey is pretty guided, but it requires a little trial and error in a few parts. It's eerie and stylish for sure. Where it struggles most is in balancing suspense with speed, since your movement is single-speed throughout. The story is interesting though! A nice little tease for the cyberpunk senses until CP2077 comes out.

That's good enough for me! I can overlook a few minor inconveniences and I honestly don't mind small pacing issues. People hated the MJ/Miles parts in Spider-Man because they break the pace, but I honestly had no issue since they add to the story and expand the world a bit, while reminding the player the world is filled with heroes that can't just zip around like a maniac.

Back