Everything Video Games!

I suspect Starfield is going to be a flaming hot mess when it arrives, BUT... but if it somehow actually arrives in a cohesive package and actually WORKS... I will buy an XBox just to play it.

Fire Temple in TOTK sucks ass. The other 3 temples were much more fun, not too difficult but intuitive enough where you could figure them out on your own. This one, the carts are laid out randomly, some areas seem pointless as to why you even need to go there. Some of the puzzles were so not obvious that it became unfun. By far the least good dungeon in the game.

Fire Temple in TOTK sucks ass. The other 3 temples were much more fun, not too difficult but intuitive enough where you could figure them out on your own. This one, the carts are laid out randomly, some areas seem pointless as to why you even need to go there. Some of the puzzles were so not obvious that it became unfun. By far the least good dungeon in the game.
Literally arriving at this one as we speak. May I'll make another detour first...

Lol so yea this dungeon was a bunch of bullshit, I made it halfway through before deciding fuck it and
scaling the walls and skipping most of the minecart sections lmao.
not my favorite spot so far but I did love
Ghoma being the boss. A really fun throwback to ocarina of time and other entries.

I feel like with my stamina and gear I bypassed so much of the minecart navigation and climbed, glided, and ascended my way through it...I feel like I spent the least amount of time with that temple than the others

I feel like with my stamina and gear I bypassed so much of the minecart navigation and climbed, glided, and ascended my way through it...I feel like I spent the least amount of time with that temple than the others
I wanted to try doing it the right way. Could have ascended and used stamina but I didn’t. I found the temple near the top of Death Mountain on my own by climbing and then saw there was a cart track going up that I missed. I back-tracked and decided to take the cart up. It was really fun! The carts in the temple are just tedious.

I wanted to try doing it the right way. Could have ascended and used stamina but I didn’t. I found the temple near the top of Death Mountain on my own by climbing and then saw there was a cart track going up that I missed. I back-tracked and decided to take the cart up. It was really fun! The carts in the temple are just tedious.
I beat that temple in a single sitting so I don’t remember it well. It certainly wasn’t “OoC Water Temple” frustrating though I do recall being a bit confused about the carts. The best thing about this game is that there are many ways around any given problem.

After years of stubbornly coping with joycon drift I’m splurging on a fresh remote, third party but equivalent to the pro controller. I’m so stubborn I’ve basically sat through hating Breath of the Wild and now Tears (building things is impossible because if I’m not careful I’ll just stroll off a cliff while rotating components). The last straw was my right con is starting to fritz out and I struggle to simply pick up objects.

After years of stubbornly coping with joycon drift I’m splurging on a fresh remote, third party but equivalent to the pro controller. I’m so stubborn I’ve basically sat through hating Breath of the Wild and now Tears (building things is impossible because if I’m not careful I’ll just stroll off a cliff while rotating components). The last straw was my right con is starting to fritz out and I struggle to simply pick up objects.

I haven't used it a lot - but I was impressed with the quality of this controller. The Hall Effect joysticks are great.

Amazon product ASIN B0B256ZXJ4

I haven't used it a lot - but I was impressed with the quality of this controller. The Hall Effect joysticks are great.

Amazon product ASIN B0B256ZXJ4
google/reddit left me split between this and the 8bitdo, and I went with the 8bitdo. I’m still trying to understand Hall Effect, but they have it as well.

google/reddit left me split between this and the 8bitdo, and I went with the 8bitdo. I’m still trying to understand Hall Effect, but they have it as well.

I've used an 8bitdo for a bit on my PC for a few years for a few games - and decided to get something different when I got a switch.

Hall Effect joysticks use magnets to determine control position, unlike the sticks in the Joycon (and most other standard console controllers, save the Dreamcast). The latter use a brush system that can get gunked up and wear into dust, which is the ultimate cause of drift. Hall Effect sticks are immune to this.

There's a company that sells Hall Effect sticks for the Joycon, but you have to be comfortable doing surgery on the controller to replace them. By all accounts, though, they work a treat.

Oh man, I love Super Mario RPG

Very excited for this one! Didn't think we'd ever see this get brought to modern consoles due to Square and Nintendo's relationship.

why does Super Mario Wonder look strangley familiar? The art style feels like it's been used in another game but I cannot put my finger on what it is.
I was thinking the same thing, like it feels mostly New Super Mario Bros. style, but something about it is just... off

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Back