Everything Video Games!

The Xbox showcase was the most consistently interesting of the big announcement season so far. Enough to possibly tip my Xbox consideration from "buy eventually" to "probably get one soon."

Biggest prospects for me are Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess for it's gorgeous, yokai-ridden psychedelia, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II because Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was already incredible, and South of Midnight had one hell of a concept trailer—def going to want to see some gameplay on that before committing though. Phantom Liberty will definitely get me to resume my Cyberpunk 2077 play through soon (I enjoyed everything so far, have just been sidetracked with other priorities). Honorable mentions to Clockwork Revolution and Still Wakes the Deep.

There's a lot to take in for Starfield, but all very promising. Seems like a game that can satisfy all kinds of play styles, so my partner can start an alien creature farm and ignore plotlines, while I might prioritize alien intelligence research (ha!).

On my partner's side of things, sounds like Fable, Avowed, Monkey Island crossover in Sea of Thieves, and the new Atlus RPG Metaphor: ReFantazio are decent bets.

Definitely a solid showing for Xbox which needed to bring some excitement.

Starfield looks pretty godsamn nuts. The ship building, exploration, combat. And then they zoomed out and showed how you could bounce between galaxies? Looks absolutely massive.

It's Bethesda so I'm sure a game this ambitious will be full of bugs on launch. But it's been so long since we've had a game from them, I've missed the fun vibes of their work.

Starfield looks pretty godsamn nuts. The ship building, exploration, combat. And then they zoomed out and showed how you could bounce between galaxies? Looks absolutely massive.

It's Bethesda so I'm sure a game this ambitious will be full of bugs on launch. But it's been so long since we've had a game from them, I've missed the fun vibes of their work.
The framerate looked REAL dodgy on Starfield. Looked like max 30 with a lot of drops. Awful lot of the footage on the planets was in slo mo. Looks cool but I'm guessing it's going to run pretty poorly off the hop.

The framerate looked REAL dodgy on Starfield. Looked like max 30 with a lot of drops. Awful lot of the footage on the planets was in slo mo. Looks cool but I'm guessing it's going to run pretty poorly off the hop.
Yea the scale of everything makes me wonder that there's a catch, but I'm excited nonetheless.

AFAIK there’s no way to see where you’ve traveled before in TOTK like there was in BOTW. I’m randomly exploring areas and realizing that I’ve already been through some areas before. I don’t recall what that feature is called but I believe it was DLC for BOTW, right?

EDIT: nvm!

AFAIK there’s no way to see where you’ve traveled before in TOTK like there was in BOTW. I’m randomly exploring areas and realizing that I’ve already been through some areas before. I don’t recall what that feature is called but I believe it was DLC for BOTW, right?

I’m 3 temples and more than 70 hours in and I just got the camera activated on my Purah Pad…

Still been playing a lot of Diablo 4. I got World Level 4 opened, but it's a bit too hard with the gear I have, so I'll be working on getting some new stuff.

The capstone dungeon to get to level 4 was a bitch.

Still been playing a lot of Diablo 4. I got World Level 4 opened, but it's a bit too hard with the gear I have, so I'll be working on getting some new stuff.

How do I unlock World Tier 3. Yes, I know I have to complete the objected mentioned in the video, but where do I find that objective.

I'm currently at level 52 and about to be level 53.

One other thing I had a question about was how is aspects. Is it important to save my salvage for adding aspects verses just upgrading my gear?

I forgot this was a feature in BotW, and should turn it on for TotK asap; for both games I got pretty frustrated by the feeling that I’d simultaneously been all over the map and missed tons. I think I only turned it on for Breath long after I was burnt out.

I made it through the capstone all right at level 64, but Torment is *rough*. I’ve got the damage but have to work on my durability.

How do I unlock World Tier 3. Yes, I know I have to complete the objected mentioned in the video, but where do I find that objective.

I'm currently at level 52 and about to be level 53.

One other thing I had a question about was how is aspects. Is it important to save my salvage for adding aspects verses just upgrading my gear?
There should just be a mission you can select to show it on your map. It’s in the Kyovashad Cathedral.

The Xbox showcase was the most consistently interesting of the big announcement season so far. Enough to possibly tip my Xbox consideration from "buy eventually" to "probably get one soon."

Biggest prospects for me are Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess for it's gorgeous, yokai-ridden psychedelia, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II because Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was already incredible, and South of Midnight had one hell of a concept trailer—def going to want to see some gameplay on that before committing though. Phantom Liberty will definitely get me to resume my Cyberpunk 2077 play through soon (I enjoyed everything so far, have just been sidetracked with other priorities). Honorable mentions to Clockwork Revolution and Still Wakes the Deep.

There's a lot to take in for Starfield, but all very promising. Seems like a game that can satisfy all kinds of play styles, so my partner can start an alien creature farm and ignore plotlines, while I might prioritize alien intelligence research (ha!).

On my partner's side of things, sounds like Fable, Avowed, Monkey Island crossover in Sea of Thieves, and the new Atlus RPG Metaphor: ReFantazio are decent bets.

Definitely a solid showing for Xbox which needed to bring some excitement.

The lady talking about stealing everyone's sandwiches really resonated with me. I always find one object or group of objects to collect and pick them up whenever I find them. Fallout 3 was pool balls, NV was toys, 4 was board games and sports equipment. Elder Scrolls was always gems and sticky buns.

The lady talking about stealing everyone's sandwiches really resonated with me. I always find one object or group of objects to collect and pick them up whenever I find them. Fallout 3 was pool balls, NV was toys, 4 was board games and sports equipment. Elder Scrolls was always gems and sticky buns.
And here I am thinking about how if games were to incorporate a degradation system, it should be for food before weapons. I want to see those sandwiches ROT.

I made it through the capstone all right at level 64, but Torment is *rough*. I’ve got the damage but have to work on my durability.

There should just be a mission you can select to show it on your map. It’s in the Kyovashad Cathedral.

Yeah.

I'm just going through some dungeons slowly grabbing whatever ancestral gear looks good.

I hit level 68 or 69 earlier tonight before I left for work.

Hmm, I don't have this mission marked on my map yet.

It's not in your journal? There's a special tab for those sorts of missions, they have an ornate white sigil.
Not that I saw last night. I went through all 4 tabs of mission types looking for it.

Edit: could it be related to me having to many missions? I also noticed it said I could not take on any more side missions because I have the maximum number allowed already.

Not that I saw last night. I went through all 4 tabs of mission types looking for it.

Edit: could it be related to me having to many missions? I also noticed it said I could not take on any more side missions because I have the maximum number allowed already.
It's not considered a side mission. You are entirely through the campaign, yes?

Back