Everything Video Games!

Does anyone find themselves mostly running on foot in TOTK still? Once I mapped most of the world with fast travel stations, I just teleport and run or climb to get to wherever I need to be. Or, I'll fly in the air from a sky tower and glide if it's easier to get to. I rarely ever use a horse because they're so clunky and tedius to deal with, or bother with the Zonai vehicles. I have used the Autobuild tool a couple of times but I don't like to use up my Zonalite until I've added a few more batteries in my charge.

Also, has anyone figured out a way to make Rupees easily? They are much harder to come by in TOTK than BOTW. There isn't an easy dragon shard farming technique and I don't want to sell items because of fusing and armor upgrades. I accidentally sold ALL my Amber early on when I had about 100 before I realized I needed it to upgrade the Hyrule Armor set :(

Last edited:
Does anyone find themselves mostly running on foot in TOTK still? Once I mapped most of the world with fast travel stations, I just teleport and run or climb to get to wherever I need to be. Or, I'll fly in the air from a sky tower and glide if it's easier to get to. I rarely ever use a horse because they're so clunky and tedius to deal with, or bother with the Zonai vehicles. I have used the Autobuild tool a couple of times but I don't like to use up my Zonalite until I've added a few more batteries in my charge.

Also, has anyone figured out a way to make Rupees easily? They are much harder to come by in TOTK than BOTW. Tere isn't an easy dragon shard farming technique and I don't want to sell items because of fusing and armor upgrades. I accidentally sold ALL my Amber early on when I had about 100 before I realized I needed it to upgrade the Hyrule Armor set :(
I've just consistently sold like 50% on the gems that i get, and that's enough for a bunch of rupees. I always hover round like 3 or 4k

I've just consistently sold like 50% on the gems that i get, and that's enough for a bunch of rupees. I always hover round like 3 or 4k
On my first play through of BOTW I sold all the diamonds I had and didn't realized I'd need them to upgrade some of the ancient armor, so now I hoard stuff thinking I might need it later.

The urge to finally buy a ps5 is eating at me. Starting to sweat like Spongebob - "I don't need it"
I finally caved last month and got myself the second to last PS Plus membership which gives you a massive library of AAA and indie games to run through, its been a lot of simple fun I havent had in my life for a while.

Think we're just starting to hit the point where games are truly starting to feel next gen as well, so its good timing

Also, has anyone figured out a way to make Rupees easily? They are much harder to come by in TOTK than BOTW. There isn't an easy dragon shard farming technique and I don't want to sell items because of fusing and armor upgrades. I accidentally sold ALL my Amber early on when I had about 100 before I realized I needed it to upgrade the Hyrule Armor set :(
Yeah, usually fly most of the way with the glide set/paraglider/bird sage ability and then go on foot.

Yeah, horses were useful early on but I agree that once your have towers and sky island shrines on the map then they’re not as appealing other than for role playing purposes.

As for rupees, most of mine came from selling precious stones (except I still have all my diamonds). I figured that will cause me headaches when it comes to maxing out armor but realistically are you going to be fighting stuff with your vintage gear? Probably not.

That being said, I’m having a hard time making out my armor sets. I’m also not looking up where the armor pieces are, so at the moment I don’t have any of the bonuses (because either I lack part of the set or I am missing the ingredients to upgrade my full sets).

Does anyone have a good method for farming light dragon parts? I recently finished the “Tears of the Dragon” quest and now I can find it anymore.

Does anyone have a good method for farming light dragon parts? I recently finished the “Tears of the Dragon” quest and now I can find it anymore.
Perhaps not easy, but I find teleporting to the temple of time isle (the last shrine near the room of awakening), ascend up, then look over the side of the isle, you’ll eventually see the dragon and can glide down to it and just ride on it. Can grab the shards on its back, then whack the back for shards, horn for parts, etc. Takes maybe 5 mins for the parts to be collectible again, but it’s a slow process. Same applies for the other three, just find a good tower to launch you to them and dress accordingly.

Yeah, horses were useful early on but I agree that once your have towers and sky island shrines on the map then they’re not as appealing other than for role playing purposes.

As for rupees, most of mine came from selling precious stones (except I still have all my diamonds). I figured that will cause me headaches when it comes to maxing out armor but realistically are you going to be fighting stuff with your vintage gear? Probably not.

That being said, I’m having a hard time making out my armor sets. I’m also not looking up where the armor pieces are, so at the moment I don’t have any of the bonuses (because either I lack part of the set or I am missing the ingredients to upgrade my full sets).

Did you get into the
Korok Forest and talk to the Deku Tree about the Master Sword? Once you do that the Light Dragon will be tracked with a quest and then you can easily grab the parts. Once you finish the quest the light dragon will be harder to find because you can no longer track it. I realized that and reloaded my save right after. I’m doing that right now to upgrade the Champions Leathers and once I finish upgrading, I’ll compete that quest.

Did you get into the
Korok Forest and talk to the Deku Tree about the Master Sword? Once you do that the Light Dragon will be tracked with a quest and then you can easily grab the parts. Once you finish the quest the light dragon will be harder to find because you can no longer track it. I realized that and reloaded my save right after. I’m doing that right now to upgrade the Champions Leathers and once I finish upgrading, I’ll compete that quest.
I’ve been to the Korok Forest but not since getting the Master Sword.

Tonight I got sidetracked exploring the stormy stretch of sky over South Necluda. Faced the most difficult battle I’ve had so far, a Construct III with zero visibility (Gleeoks were a piece of cake compared to this). I also can’t believe I found a Sage’s Will, old map, and a shrine without being able to see anything. Knowing my luck, there’s probably a quest that clears up that storm and makes that region easier to explore!

Also made it to the sky island over Eventide Island. Found a King Gleeok, fucked him up, got another Sage’s Will. This game is the best.

I’ve been to the Korok Forest but not since getting the Master Sword.

Tonight I got sidetracked exploring the stormy stretch of sky over South Necluda. Faced the most difficult battle I’ve had so far, a Construct III with zero visibility (Gleeoks were a piece of cake compared to this). I also can’t believe I found a Sage’s Will, old map, and a shrine without being able to see anything. Knowing my luck, there’s probably a quest that clears up that storm and makes that region easier to explore!

Also made it to the sky island over Eventide Island. Found a King Gleeok, fucked him up, got another Sage’s Will. This game is the best.
Whenever I see those Gleeok’s I run the fuck away. The Constructs have actually been easy but you saying the Gleeok’s are easy makes me think I should try facing one!

Whenever I see those Gleeok’s I run the fuck away. The Constructs have actually been easy but you saying the Gleeok’s are easy makes me think I should try facing one!
I didn’t say they were easy, I just said Gleeok fights are easier than fighting a Construct with zero visibility (meaning among other things that I had no high ground to elevate). But in general I agree with you that Constructs are the easiest mini bosses.

Gleeoks are manageable as long as you have a plan on how to use the terrain. They’re similar to Constructs in the sense that you basically NEED elevation. I highly recommend using a rocket shield toward the end of the fight.

I haven’t taken on a Lynel yet because I suck at dodging. And no Moldugas yet because I haven’t set foot on the desert yet despite being 150+ hours in.

Last edited:
I didn’t say they were easy, I just said Gleeok fights are easier than fighting a Construct with zero visibility (meaning among other things that I had no high ground to elevate). But in general I agree with you that Constructs are the easiest mini bosses.

Gleeoks are manageable as long as you have a plan on how to use the terrain. They’re similar to Constructs in the sense that you basically NEED elevation. I highly recommend using a rocket shield toward the end of the fight.

I haven’t taken on a Lynel yet because I suck at dodging. And no Moldugas yet because I haven’t set foot on the desert yet despite being 150+ hours in.
I suggest heading to the desert because the power you get from the sage might be the best in the game. I faced one Lynel in the depths and it wasn't so bad. I did have my gang of 4 sages activated who helped distract it. I did end up eating like 6 meals while fighting it, but it was okay overall.

I suggest heading to the desert because the power you get from the sage might be the best in the game. I faced one Lynel in the depths and it wasn't so bad. I did have my gang of 4 sages activated who helped distract it. I did end up eating like 6 meals while fighting it, but it was okay overall.
Yeah, so much for my “no Lynel” rule… I just experienced the Floating Coliseum in the Depths and somehow survived the gauntlet. Good way to complete your Lynel bow collection in one swoop! (It cost me many, many meals.)

Yeah, so much for my “no Lynel” rule… I just experienced the Floating Coliseum in the Depths and somehow survived the gauntlet. Good way to complete your Lynel bow collection in one swoop! (It cost me many, many meals.)
I fell in there too and just out of pure stubbornness I beat it with no gloom curing meals in my inventory. Took a lot of game overs, should have given up and come back. Got better at dodging them for sure though.

I fell in there too and just out of pure stubbornness I beat it with no gloom curing meals in my inventory. Took a lot of game overs, should have given up and come back. Got better at dodging them for sure though.
Fun fact, you can ascend out of the arena, cook some meals, re-engage without it resetting. At least I was able too, just probably make sure you don’t leave the arena area.

The last two lynels were the hardest.

Fun fact, you can ascend out of the arena, cook some meals, re-engage without it resetting. At least I was able too, just probably make sure you don’t leave the arena area.

The last two lynels were the hardest.
I had a difficult time with the second-to-last (I think) which had the double-spinning longsword move. I could never dodge the second spin.

I used up a good handful of sunflower meals during those fights. In fact, right after I beat one of the Lynels I busted out a portable pot so I could cook up another meal or two on the fly. But it wasn’t necessary, because I had just beaten the last one!

Last edited:
Back