Everything Video Games!

Great direct overall. Mario RPG has me most hyped. Pikmin 4 looking great, cool to see 1 & 2 coming to switch. Also cool to see a new Dragon Quest Monsters, haven't played one since the Gameboy, but I loved that one. New Wario Ware will probably be a good time. Star Ocean Second Story R is also exciting, loved the PS1 classic.

Strong showing from Nintendo!

Nice to see Peach get some primary character love (even if she's my ultimate Mariokart nemesis). Luigi 3DS remake is exciting to. I laughed so hard at the pigeon rhythm game — totally going to get that. Got come good chuckles out of Super Mario Wonder too—looks so fun!

I'm hesitant to get too excited about the new Wario Ware after how disappointingly short the last one was. That one also touted over 200 mini games but still felt sparse.

My partner and I recently played Pikmin 3 in prep for 4, so we're excited about all the Pikmin 1+2 stuff too.

Manic Mechanics will probably be fun to have on hand when visiting family. It's bringing that hilarious Overcooked-style chaos.

I'm down to try Vampire Survivors too.

Detective Pikachu Returns looks like complete ass. Visually speaking.

Is this the Vampire Survivors on Steam and I think on phone too?

It's good fun. Lots of replay value (as it's designed for multiple run throughs)
Yepp! Switch in August. My partner has played in on mobile, but I hate small screens, so I'm glad to be able to play it docked now, plus with couch co-op!

Yepp! Switch in August. My partner has played in on mobile, but I hate small screens, so I'm glad to be able to play it docked now, plus with couch co-op!
I've only played it on my desktop but I could see it translating well to a phone. But it is fun. Lots of mythology to uncover. Wide range of weapons and characters to unlocks plus power up options that vary the runs.

Is anybody else like extremely hyped for Final Fantasy XVI? The reviews today are very good, and everything about it points to being the best single player FF in almost 20 years. I'm wondering of I should even full the trigger on a PS5 for it.

Is anybody else like extremely hyped for Final Fantasy XVI? The reviews today are very good, and everything about it points to being the best single player FF in almost 20 years. I'm wondering of I should even full the trigger on a PS5 for it.

I pulled the trigger earlier this week and pre-ordered. Can't wait.

So it got hot and hatbirds don’t dig heat so I’m back on the video game bullshit. Thinking about buying an Xbox. Maybe. Really looking for some couch-co-op options. PS5 doesn’t seem to shake it for me. Any thoughts on Xbox X|S for two player coop action?

😂😂😂😂 every time I play this game…
View attachment 175920
How quickly it becomes 1 AM when I just sat down for a “quick” quest.
I was pissed the other day because I accidentally went to Kakariko before I intended. I was exploring a sky island, and found one of those korok platforms where you have to chase the flower. The flower immediately dove off the island, so I followed. Before I could reach it, I was stopped midair by some dude yelling at me what I can't be there. Went from mach 5 swan dive to instantly on the ground getting scolded. So then, of course I had to spend great deals of time talking to everyone and getting more quests I might get to 50 hours from now. Plus side: the shrine's still where it's always been, so I was able to get some more stamina.

So it got hot and hatbirds don’t dig heat so I’m back on the video game bullshit. Thinking about buying an Xbox. Maybe. Really looking for some couch-co-op options. PS5 doesn’t seem to shake it for me. Any thoughts on Xbox X|S for two player coop action?
Honestly I think a Switch is maybe better for Co-op but I have never co-op’ed on Xbox. I sometimes play friends virtually on Xbox but it’s more FPS stuff which I’m personally not a huge fan of. There’s definitely some non-fps games on Xbox that you can couch co-op.

Switch has Mario kart, super mash bros, Mario party, just to name a few. You can sink hours and hours and hours in just those 3 games and they never lose fun.

Last edited:
Honestly I think a Switch is maybe better for Co-op but I have never co-op’ed on Xbox. I sometimes play friends virtually on Xbox but it’s more FPS stuff which I’m personally not a huge fan of. There’s definitely some non-fps games on Xbox that you can vouch co-op.

Switch has Mario kart, super mash bros, Mario party, just to name a few. You can sink hours and hours and hours in just those 3 games and they never lose fun.

Correction, they can lose fun if you don't have someone to play against.

Honestly I think a Switch is maybe better for Co-op but I have never co-op’ed on Xbox. I sometimes play friends virtually on Xbox but it’s more FPS stuff which I’m personally not a huge fan of. There’s definitely some non-fps games on Xbox that you can couch co-op.

I agree with this. Idk if portal 2 is on Xbox but it just came out on switch and it’s one of the best ever couch co-op games. We’ve been playing Puzzle Bobble Everybubble. It’s the first one I’ve played with a co-op mode in addition to the usual vs mode.

Finally circled back around to Cyberpunk these past couple weeks and found it hard to peel myself away from Night City. Wound up tackling the final act today and got the "best" of the endings, supposedly.

I'm really pleased with the game. (For context, I ended up buying the PS4 disc on super sale way back when and took advantage of the free PS5 upgrade that almost wasn't free.) CD Projekt Red did a great job of tidying things up after the disappointing launch. There's still bugs and glitches for sure, but mostly consist of visual blips in my experience.

The game is divided into three "acts" but it's truly more of a prologue, open gameplay, and then the concluding act. There are plenty of key points that influence your trajectory a la the relationships you build/abstain from. So much of the world-building aligns well with the literary source of sci-fi inspiration for the original TTRPG (the novel Hardwired by Walter Jon Williams) and similarly Neuromancer by William Gibson.

Much of Cyberpunk tickled my recall of things I enjoyed about Fallout 4—the game that made me a gamer. I'd still hold Horizon well above CP2077 as far as my infatuation with current franchises is considered, but I'm 100% sold on CP's Phantom Liberty DLC later this summer.

Question now is how soon do I get around to giving No Man's Sky a second chance following it's own Renaissance?

After years of stubbornly coping with joycon drift I’m splurging on a fresh remote, third party but equivalent to the pro controller. I’m so stubborn I’ve basically sat through hating Breath of the Wild and now Tears (building things is impossible because if I’m not careful I’ll just stroll off a cliff while rotating components). The last straw was my right con is starting to fritz out and I struggle to simply pick up objects.
I just got my third left joycon. At least I was able to order only the left one instead of getting a whole set. And yes, TOTK was what compelled me to pull the trigger this time around, because verticality.

😂😂😂😂 every time I play this game…
View attachment 175920
How quickly it becomes 1 AM when I just sat down for a “quick” quest.

I think the shortest I’ve gone between “I just have this one more thing I want to do” and going to bed is something like 45 minutes. Benders.

Last edited:
Anyone here played through Persona 3 Portable as the female character? Looking for some advice. I followed the Achievement guide, which suggested playing through as the male character first, maxing out your skills (academics and the like) since those carry over to New Game +, and getting the good ending. You then play as the female character in NG+, maxing out all social links and doing the bad ending with the secret bosses. I'm nearly in December of my first playthrough, and just curious if anyone has tried this, and if they recommend doing the second playthrough. I've done at least 50% of every social link as the male character except Mitsuru, which I just got the link for. I know there's different links for the female character, just wondering if it's worth a full 2nd playthrough, or if I should just move on to P4.

Back