Everything Video Games!

Interesting. As much stuff as they’re cribbing from WoW (yes I know which cribbed from other stuff) I wonder if they won’t have done sort of grouping/party option. The PVP stuff I understand is limited to certain zones?

I may have to buy a chicken sammie to check this out before I splash out for the preorder. Maybe.

I believe the chicken sammie promo is over. It was only through the 18th with open beta access starting the 17th if I remember correctly.

Also, once yesterday, I had a rando open a treasure chest and score all the contents instead of me. Was annoying.

Edit: That said, there is another open beta period next weekend. This one will be open to anyone, not just people who pre-ordered or bought a chicken sammie. There should be a way to sign up for it for free.

Last edited:
Also, once yesterday, I had a rando open a treasure chest and score all the contents instead of me. Was annoying.

that's weird. I thought all the loot was instants for you. even if someone else was around and was picking up what they saw you should have had loot for you.

that's weird. I thought all the loot was instants for you. even if someone else was around and was picking up what they saw you should have had loot for you.

I think it was a bug actually. They picked up all the loot, there was nothing for me to pick up. And then 30 seconds later the loot was back on the ground tbh. The treasure chest was still open. And all the loot that spilled out that was initially picked up by the other player came back. I just had to wait for it.

Curious how they will handle the open beta next week - with a lot of kids out of school for spring break they'll be a lot more players trying to get on.

Curious how they will handle the open beta next week - with a lot of kids out of school for spring break they'll be a lot more players trying to get on.
as i did not get a chicken lover to help a veghead out, news of an open beta got me excited. necro is my main, hopefully the servers can hold up.

well, the 3ds and wii u e-shops are shutting down this week. i am currently trying to get whatever i can afford to get right now digitally before i have to resort to *other* methods once the shops close

also, i can’t believe i owned a 3ds for soo many years and never did i download Nintendo Badge Arcade until now. the amount of fomo im feeling is unbearable 🤦🏻‍♂️

well, the 3ds and wii u e-shops are shutting down this week. i am currently trying to get whatever i can afford to get right now digitally before i have to resort to *other* methods once the shops close

also, i can’t believe i owned a 3ds for soo many years and never did i download Nintendo Badge Arcade until now. the amount of fomo im feeling is unbearable 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm in the same boat. I spent a few hours this weekend making my 3DS/Wii U lists (and shortlists) for a bunch of games that I'll likely just add to the backlog.

Yes I know I can mod both, but I'm just lazy.

Well, once again, I didn't get notified of comments on a thread, not sure why that happens, lol.

Played the D4 beta this weekend, I enjoyed it, some good things, some "meh" things, overall I think it's a good next step for the game. The randos popping up takes some getting used to, but it's definitely in a specific area that it happens, in town/s of course, but also in event areas, I think there's a wall around these spots because in trying to follow another player once the event is over, they just disappear. I'm assuming if you group up, that changes.

That said, I think you can turn that off going by a pop up in the beginning, not 100% sure, didn't try it, but I'm wondering what exactly that effects, is it an all or nothing kind of thing, or does it scale down where and when you encounter other players on the map. I leveled a sorcerer to 25, the skill tree and assignments of powers is pretty cool, if you move through the tree and then double back to pad it, you seem to be a little OP at the moment, now that may be only during the beta, I Frost Nova / Fireballed through just about everything, lol.

I like the dungeon / event / side quest and busy work, I know some found D3 boring once you got your base gear, there's something to be said for a game you can literally jump into for 3-5 minutes and be done if that's all the time you have, D4 isn't that game.

I pre-ordered before the beta, got the KFC key for a friend in Canada and we played through together, it was fun, I think it'll be fine once it launches, curios to see how Seasons work out, time will tell :)

Now onto Mass Effect: Andromeda...
Andromeda is pretty good. I was worried going in because it had less than stellar reviews. Some of the reviews were negative because of bugs or a bland story, but I haven't experienced any bugs. I feel it's unfair to hold that over game years later after they've been fixed. The story is fine, it's a Mass Effect game, they all have more or less the same premise and plot. It's not reinventing the wheel but that's okay.

The gameplay is really fun, biotics are super powerful and I like the way you can level up. I went with one class at the beginning and hated it. It's easy to just not continue down that class into something else I wanted to try. The driving around the planets reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 1 and it's very reminiscent of Borderlands actually. Each world feels like it's own planet or area of the planet within a Borderlands game.

In previous Mass Effect games it was too easy to completely miss missions or side quests but in Andromeda it feels impossible to miss anything. The major decisions in the game are true moral dilemmas. I think they've done a good job making every decision matter without there being a very obvious choice.

I'm only about 20 hours into the game but I've been enjoying it so far.

My opinion is that once something is no longer legally acquirable, the moral ambigiity of pirating becomes moot. This is especially true for Nintendo, who has no interest in preservation.

I just read that Eldin Ring got an update adding Ray Tracing mode to the graphics preferences for PS5 and xbox series x users.

I may have to loop back and give Eldin Ring another chance to check this out.

My opinion is that once something is no longer legally acquirable, the moral ambigiity of pirating becomes moot. This is especially true for Nintendo, who has no interest in preservation.
I don’t think Nintendo doesn’t care per se, but they are decades behind on things. The eshop closures made sense for logistics stand point , but their lack on thinking for games you can’t obtain once obsolete is an oops moment.

I expect switch 2 to offer many of these offerings once it’s a thing.

I'm in the same boat. I spent a few hours this weekend making my 3DS/Wii U lists (and shortlists) for a bunch of games that I'll likely just add to the backlog.

Yes I know I can mod both, but I'm just lazy.
you don't even need to mod the 3DS, you can just get a flash cart...

as someone who's always known about, but only recently starting delving into emulation, it's definitely fair game in my opinion that if there's no way feasible way to purchase (other than used/second hand) then there's no issue with running these games...

I actually ordered used, old office mini PC for like $150 that I want to run Batocera on, which should be arriving in a couple of days... it'll be my first foray into running all this and I'm definitely not as computer savvy as I used to be, but I think I'll get it running without much issue. Switch emulation might be pushing it when I get it up and running, which if fine since I have a Switch, but everything else Nintendo should run... some of which can be upscaled. not sure what else it'll run (PS2 I'm sure but probably not PS3) not really sure about Xbox, but I have Series S and Game Pass, so...

I also have a Miyoo Mini Plus coming (actually two) which will be my first emulation handheld...I got the shipping notice last week, but as it's coming from China who the hell knows when it'll actually arrive. I was hoping this week, but now I'm thinking it'll be a bit longer.

anyway, I get it if people don't agree with emulation, but damn it's amazing some of the stuff going on in that scene..

Back