Everything Video Games!

Just finished Animal Well (minus a few things I wanna check out later). Incredible game! Perfect for a puzzle and metroidvania lover like myself!!

So many incredible “aha!” moments. Also a lifetime of Zelda made me recognize certain things super quickly like
noticing that certain creatures pointing in different directions were a clue to a flute song.

Highly recommend!
oh man, I'm hoping to get to this soon!

EDIT - purchased and downloaded on the Switch, but am not going to start it just yet. just taking advantage of the little launch sale

Last edited:
If you gave up on Diablo 4 a while back - I highly recommend coming back and giving it another go.

While this new season isn't that special,, they fixed a lot of stuff that sucked with the items and the grind to level 100. It's essentially out of beta testing now.

Finished Final Fantasy VII Rebirth over the weekend. Quite enjoyed (most) of it, and grew to like the ending the more I thought about it. One thing I will say, it was a LOT of game. I may go back to play more Queen's Blood.

Finished Final Fantasy VII Rebirth over the weekend. Quite enjoyed (most) of it, and grew to like the ending the more I thought about it. One thing I will say, it was a LOT of game. I may go back to play more Queen's Blood.
There are different endings that can be unlocked. I hear one in the story of Tifa. The other is the story of hey Siri, who are the Final Fantasy characters

Just finished Animal Well (minus a few things I wanna check out later). Incredible game! Perfect for a puzzle and metroidvania lover like myself!!

So many incredible “aha!” moments. Also a lifetime of Zelda made me recognize certain things super quickly like
noticing that certain creatures pointing in different directions were a clue to a flute song.

Highly recommend!
finally just started playing it Monday. at first I was baffled, then I started getting it, then I got completely lost, but finally got on track again and found 2 of the 'you know what'.

I know that I'm early on and probably haven't scratched the surface of the game's puzzle-ness, but there have been some moments where solving a puzzle or platforming maneuver feels incredibly awesome!

I'm very curiously charmed by everything. very cool game!

Has anyone played Lords of the Fallen yet? I just downloaded it off game pass last night. Haven't been able to play anything for weeks, but hoping to give this one a shot soon.
Been on my list for a while, I've heard great things all around for it though.

Some game audio folks I work with are celebrating the release of a new horror game that they did casting and voice recording for called Autopsy Simulator. It started development first with the accuracy of autopsies in mind (with real forensic expert input) and later expanded to include a psychological horror narrative. Gives me serious Observer vibes and seems less centered on ooky spooky jump scares than other autopsy games.

Has anyone played Lords of the Fallen yet? I just downloaded it off game pass last night. Haven't been able to play anything for weeks, but hoping to give this one a shot soon.
Yes, wrapped it up earlier this year. Generally liked it overall, follows the standard soulslike model and I would say it isn’t as difficult as the likes of Lies of P. Good variety in character archetypes and enemies. The set pieces are pretty impressive when you also factor in its use of the umbral plane (secrets, traversal, etc). Said umbral plane is probably my only complaint as the game sometimes force you to be in it, and if you die there it’s game over.

The story is vague AF and kinda forgettable, but what’s souls game isn’t 😅.

they just dropped the S3 trailer for The Finals and I can't fucking wait... seriously, this game is so fucking good!!!!!

A few more from the showcase. Xbox had a pretty good presentation, though still sore about the studio closures and no Silksong news yet again.

That being said, release date for Stalker 2!

And this one's got a cool art style, want to know more before diving in though:

New one from The Artful Escape devs. More music themed fun.
'

Also Fallout 76 getting a map update. We've been playing it again recently, so this is pretty exciting.

Several souls-likes shown as well but those can be pretty hit or miss so we'll see. One of them launches a couple weeks after Elden Ring's DLC so got a feeling that one won't do well.

Back