Everything Video Games!

bandai namco remaking baten kaitos instead of xenosaga is… an interesting choice

metroid prime 1 is cool, but kind of disappointed it’s not the entire trilogy. and not even a tease whether the other two will release anytime soon before 4 (which now seems like a long time away from coming out). guess i’ll have to get the trilogy pack anyways on the wii shop before it closes

Metroid Prime is probably my favorite game of all time too. Kind of bummed it wasn't the whole trilogy remastered, but I'll take it. I currently own the trilogy on Wii U, but it requires a wii mote, which I don't have anymore. Plus the new controls should make it fresh.

Pikmin 4 I think looks pretty good as well.

Certain Zelda will be great, but the 30 second teasers the last like 3 or 4 directs have me kind of annoyed lol show us why this took so long to make/why it's $70!!
GameStop has Tears Of The Kingdom for $59.99. I suppose you can lock that in there if you want

edit: GameStop bumped up the price to $69.99. I didn't pre-order at $59, but I wonder if they'll honor that for those who did

Last edited:
Somehow, I thought that the Nintendo Direct live stream was today. And was getting ready to watch it and found out it was yesterday.

Did I really space a day when I saw the Tweet here posted that said tomorrow. How does that even happen.

That direct was totally stacked! Great to see some more Tears of the Kingdom. Best surprise for me was We Love Katamari Reroll. They did a great job porting over the first game, and came up in coversation the other day, leading me to wonder if they would remaster the rest. GB and GBA games might push me to upgrading my Switch Online subscription. Lots of classic RPG love too. Baten Kaitos I & II, MegaMan Battle Network collection and Tales of Symphonia are very much on my radar. Also Golden Sun in the future GBA lineup!

Speaking of RPG's I haven't really talked about what I've been playing lately. The main thing I've been playing solo is Persona 3. First Persona game I've played, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Was a bit overwhelming at first, especially after looking at the achievement guide. Love the time management aspect, and the frequent interruptions that throw your plans right out the door. Feel like I've very much made some mistakes and am playing nowhere near optimally, but from what I read as long as I max out the social qualities with the male character, you can focus on all the social stuff with the female character. I plan on doing two playthroughs. Playing on Normal difficulty, which was recommended for the authentic experience. Feels pretty good to me, has some challenge but not overly hard. I'm about 5 days from the second full moon, just cleared the second floor of Tartarus. From what I saw I'm a little over leveled, but rightly so because I did as many of the velvet room quests as I could.

Also still do a few runs of Isaac here and there, ever slowly adding more completion marks to various character's sticky notes. Recently added a few for Tainted Jacob, Blue Baby, and most importantly, finally cleared Boss Rush with Tainted Cain. Such a pain in the ass/stroke of luck to get to the room both in time AND with a build that can survive the encounter.

Finally, been playing a lot of co-op with some friends. Mainly playing Raft and Destiny 2. One of my friends plays the latter a lot, and asked myself and another friend to join him when the new content drops, so we've been grinding out power to get up to the needed level. Forgot how fun that game can be - just turn your brain off a bit and shoot some stuff for a while. Constant loot progression/"make the big numbers bigger" also gives that dopamine hit.

Started Hogwarts Legacy.

So far it's fun and has an interesting storyline. I'm not really that far into it, though.

It's playable on my PC, but does have the random stutters as has been complained about. I've gotten used to them, but I hope they can patch them out.

Nintendo direct highlights
-super Mario land 2: six golden coins available and of Tetris !!via GB
-GBA too
-Metroid trilogy remastered…finally
-Zelda of course
-pikmin 4 has a dog which is great , I just hope it cannot die.
-new weird Mickey Mouse art which I dig , which gives me rayman legends vibes
-Mario kart 8 deluxe acknowledgment lol
-splatoon 3 dlc looks interesting , but I’m cheap and wish it was part of NSO expansion

Started Hogwarts Legacy.

So far it's fun and has an interesting storyline. I'm not really that far into it, though.

It's playable on my PC, but does have the random stutters as has been complained about. I've gotten used to them, but I hope they can patch them out.
I can’t wait to play it. Unfortunately I only have a Switch (and a Mac), so I’ll have to wait until July.

hi everyone

if anyone is so inclined, an old friend is helping raise funds for trans lifeline by playing Earthbound for 48 hours straight (through there superbowl at halftime).

if you’d like to donate or just watch, you can do so here:
https://www.twitch.tv/thechocobowl

they’re friendly! they draw weird pictures. ask whatever questions you want in the chat. okay bye!

Absolutely hooked on God of War - Ragnorak on ps5. I’ve not played a GoW game through before, so really enjoying this. The story is great and the graphics are unreal.

I was playing through Stat Wars Jedi fallen order as the January game of the month but I’m stuck, so have parked that for now!

Any recommendations for once I’m done with GoW?

Absolutely hooked on God of War - Ragnorak on ps5. I’ve not played a GoW game through before, so really enjoying this. The story is great and the graphics are unreal.

I was playing through Stat Wars Jedi fallen order as the January game of the month but I’m stuck, so have parked that for now!

Any recommendations for once I’m done with GoW?
If you haven't played the previous PS4/PS5 God of War. Go play that too.

Last edited:
Back