Everything Video Games!

about 160 hours in Elden Ring, Level 150 and I'm still not really great at understanding the game that I'm mostly basically bruting my way through it as best I can but as I'm getting towards late game there's just less optional stuff to do and it's so much longer/harder to level up at this level that to grind to boost certain stats would take a long while to achieve that I'm really hitting some roadblocks.

after spending a few multi-hour nights simply trying to defeat Mohg, I finally beat him just to end up getting stuck on Dragonlord Placidusax. the odd thing is, especially after all this time, it seems like such a far more easier/manageable fight than Mohg was but I just can't seem to outlast the fight. as a melee build I've constantly been frustrated by how often I'll completely whiff a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME, but on this fight it's frustrating me to no end because all those pesky little misses add up to me dying after 15 minutes of not finding enough openings to defeat it before it'll eventually manage a 2 hit combo that'll wipe me out .. I love this game, but I am so done with getting stuck on bosses at this point and I'm worried that this is going to be the case going forward as I'm dealing with the last few (at least that I intend to defeat).. and after all this time spent on this boss, not to mention the entire game in general, I can't not beat it... but I'm really getting a bit tired of this routine
Placidusax is by far the boss that took me the longest (no one to summon. Malenia** is probably harder but there are plenty of people to summon there). Eventually did it though, and the rest of the bosses are cake after that.

Last edited:
Placidusax is by far the boss that took me the longest (no one to summon. Maria is probably harder but there are plenty of people to summon there). Eventually did it though, and the rest of the bosses are cake after that.
oh thank you baby squeezus for saying that! that definitely has raised my tarnished spirits for continuing the game ..

also, I really want to start Hi-Fi Rush but want to finish Elden Ring first

Placidusax is by far the boss that took me the longest (no one to summon. Maria is probably harder but there are plenty of people to summon there). Eventually did it though, and the rest of the bosses are cake after that.
PS: I know of Malenia, I may check her out but I have no intention to finish that fight if it's too hard

oh thank you baby squeezus for saying that! that definitely has raised my tarnished spirits for continuing the game ..

also, I really want to start Hi-Fi Rush but want to finish Elden Ring first
Also Placidusax isn't a mandatory boss, so you can really skip if you want (though you seem close to breaking through). After that, there is one more mandatory boss in that area, and then a new area with 2 more mandatory bosses in a linear row and that's the game. You can do as much optional stuff you want before wrapping up.

I will say Malenia is a super cool boss worth checking out and attempting. The path to her kind of blows though.

Also Placidusax isn't a mandatory boss, so you can really skip if you want (though you seem close to breaking through). After that, there is one more mandatory boss in that area, and then a new area with 2 more mandatory bosses in a linear row and that's the game. You can do as much optional stuff you want before wrapping up.

I will say Malenia is a super cool boss worth checking out and attempting. The path to her kind of blows though.
I already stumbled upon, and beat the Godskin Duo, I stumbled upon the Beast Clergyman and got him to his second phase, though I've been using the internet/guides/walkthroughs at times to help me with this game and from that know that I may not want to beat him until I do all the other stuff I want to do because of *events*..

and yes, I definitely know this boss is optional but there's no fucking way after all this time spent that I could not see it though. it's honestly far from the hardest boss, it just seems my most effective approach has me only striking at the most optimal times, as a false move can be very costly, but the longer a fight takes the more chances there are for me to miss time something and pay for it greatly..I also truly despise how there is no Site of Marika/Grace and every attempt requires a run back

not too much, my FP is pretty low (more strength build) so while I have a bunch I don't have enough FP to use most. I do have one that's a +4 that I using earlier on, but then have changed my approach to use my FP for the Bloodflame incantation on my Claymore+25 that seems to do the most damage out of the different weapons I've tried... but maybe I should go back to the summon now that I've got a much better read on this boss' move set. though the one I mainly use (Ancient Archer or something like that) is good as a distraction will get pretty wiped out by the flames, so he doesn't always last very long.

I know I'll eventually beat this fuck, I've come very close on multiple occasions, I am just dreading my end game experience of it taking a week to beat each of the remaining bosses of this game.
It might be worth getting your stat up just to use Mimic Tear. Made a big difference for me.

Do you use any spirit ashes? A good one might make the difference and they can also take the heat off you so you can heal and/or attack
ok, went back to trying my Spirit Ash summon and on the first attempt managed to stun the dragon and do some quick damage, but didn't end up winning but now I'm going to go back to that technique (even though subsequent attempts were far less successful)... but before I do that I want to get my summon up from +4 so now I'm off looking for the bell offering for Grave Glovewort 4,5,6 even though I must have already found the one that lets me buy 7,8,9

View attachment 165457

Most fun I've had playing an Assassin's Creed game in a long long time!
Had a lot of fun with this one too. The last one I finished actually, even if the story isn't very good (but then again, none of them really are). The historical open world where you could explore real sites felt super fresh. Wish I could've gotten into Odyssey, but it didn't click for me.

ok, went back to trying my Spirit Ash summon and on the first attempt managed to stun the dragon and do some quick damage, but didn't end up winning but now I'm going to go back to that technique (even though subsequent attempts were far less successful)... but before I do that I want to get my summon up from +4 so now I'm off looking for the bell offering for Grave Glovewort 4,5,6 even though I must have already found the one that lets me buy 7,8,9
My recommendation, go for this Spirit Ash if you can. It made some end game boss fights unbelievably easy

Or, if you don’t have enough FP, Mimic Tear uses HP instead

My recommendation, go for this Spirit Ash if you can. It made some end game boss fights unbelievably easy

Or, if you don’t have enough FP, Mimic Tear uses HP instead

I have Tiche but not enough FP to use. I haven't found Mimic Tear, so I'll need to grab it before I can use it, but thanks!

Had a lot of fun with this one too. The last one I finished actually, even if the story isn't very good (but then again, none of them really are). The historical open world where you could explore real sites felt super fresh. Wish I could've gotten into Odyssey, but it didn't click for me.
I'm hoping Odyssey comes to Gamepass eventually, because my wife's family is Greek.

In the meantime I may buy the DLC for Origins because I'm so deep now.

I'm hoping Odyssey comes to Gamepass eventually, because my wife's family is Greek.

In the meantime I may buy the DLC for Origins because I'm so deep now.
Odyssey >>>>>>> Origins. Odyssey was the first AC game I had played in several years since Brothehood (I think?) on 360, and I loved it. I went backwards to play Origins which is good but not great imo. The combat in Odyssey is significantly more fun and the landscape is so diverse and interesting sailing around on your boat. I may have been burned out on Origins after playing it because I felt like I wasted my money on its DLC. It wasn’t awful just didn’t feel like I got anything out of it. All of the DLC for Odyssey was fun and interesting on the other hand.

unless this was changed in a patch, use this in your physick flask and it will remove FP costs allowi you to summon Tiche - Cerulean Hidden Tear | Elden Ring Wiki
I have that, but it doesn't let me spend more FP than I have. it seems to let me use FP items without draining my FP, but I have 91 FP and Tiche is 132

edit: I stand corrected, I could summon .. that was interesting, but holy fuck this game.. I haven't been hit by these lasers in forever

Last edited:
Completed the main story in Forsponken over the weekend with 47 hours of gameplay in but only 40% or so completion of the game and 23 out of 50 something trophies. Now I'm just exploring trying to find all the post story objectives and find all the side quests I missed.

I've heard so much negative press on this one. How was it?

I loved it and had a lot of fun. One of the best games I have played since getting my PS5.

I haven't looked up reviews until I just read your post and was shocked to see how much hate the game was getting in reviews.

1675095370591.png

The game play overall has been smooth and very enjoyable. The main issue from reviews appear to be people hate the games protagonist and are saying Square didn't do enough character development.

When I first got my PS5 in October of 2021 and looked up games, Forspoken was the game I was most waiting for to be released. And it wasn't a let down for me.

Back