Everything Video Games!

Yea there are just some outstanding soundtracks linked to games all through the ages.

I used to have Contra and Streets of Rage 1-3 on vinyl. Off the top of my head I believe those are the only video game soundtracks I've ever bought. I since sold them. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome soundtracks. And packaging for VG soundtracks are usually great. I just never found myself playing them and they became a vanity piece collecting dust.

I don't think I'd ever buy a VG soundtrack again. I find I lose something when they're detached from the gameplay. Hades is another one I almost bought when they did the vinyl. The packaging was so freaking nice and it's got killer music. But it's also so tied up in the gameplay for me so I think I'll keep it that way.

I did get a digital DL for the Celeste soundtrack when I bought it. I did DL it but who knows if I'll ever play it independently of the game. But, yea, it is superb so I can't fault anyone however they choose to listen to it.
The only other VGM soundtracks I own are from classic RPGs. I do throw them on once in a while for the nostalgia bump.

It makes great 'I'm doing some work and need a little energy' music.

The only other VGM soundtracks I own are from classic RPGs. I do throw them on once in a while for the nostalgia bump.

It makes great 'I'm doing some work and need a little energy' music.
Funny, I’ve been listening to Xenoblade and Final Fantasy tracks as ”get-sh*t-done” music at work lately.

What other RPGs with great soundtracks would you recommend? That’s honestly one of the main considerations for me when deciding whether to get into a time-sink type of game.

Funny, I’ve been listening to Xenoblade and Final Fantasy tracks as ”get-sh*t-done” music at work lately.

What other RPGs with great soundtracks would you recommend? That’s honestly one of the main considerations for me when deciding whether to get into a time-sink type of game.
I own the Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Saga soundtracks, really for nostalgia reasons. Love them.

Persona 4’s soundtrack is also great.

Finished the main story in Pokemon Legends of Arceus this morning and got the games credits.

After the credits the main quest returns to research and filling out the pokedex. Also a lot more research tasks become available. So that's good news for keeping people busy with more game play.

Is it just me, or does it take you all a few tries to beat each boss after some trial and error on what the best approach to attack and dodge is.

I was watching some videos on YouTube this morning and everyone made clearing the bosses look incredible easy and accomplished it record time. They were like full on offense never getting hit. Me, I'm dodging more than tossing balms...

Lol. Do I just suck that much or are these people just that good.

I got what I need to start building my new PC.

I have to stay with my old video card for now since prices of those are out of control, it's a 2060, so not all that new or great, but should be fine for now, I play at 1080 for now anyway.

The biggest upgrade will be the CPU - going from an Intel 6600k to an AMD 5800x. To do this, I pretty much needed new everything.

I'll be throwing in an older 970 graphics card and letting my daughter use this old one when I'm done with it.

20220202_233959 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I got what I need to start building my new PC.

I have to stay with my old video card for now since prices of those are out of control, it's a 2060, so not all that new or great, but should be fine for now, I play at 1080 for now anyway.

The biggest upgrade will be the CPU - going from an Intel 6600k to an AMD 5800x. To do this, I pretty much needed new everything.

I'll be throwing in an older 970 graphics card and letting my daughter use this old one when I'm done with it.

View attachment 127357
hey, at least you’re building in a nice, roomy ATX case. I did a Mini-ITX 5800x/3080 build (got lucky on the GPU back when they first released) and lemme tell ya, it’s tight in there.

hey, at least you’re building in a nice, roomy ATX case. I did a Mini-ITX 5800x/3080 build (got lucky on the GPU back when they first released) and lemme tell ya, it’s tight in there.

My old one I'm replacing is a Micro ATX and it wasn't all that great to build with, so I wouldn't want to go smaller than this.

With this new build it was time to go back to a regular mid tower.

My old one I'm replacing is a Micro ATX and it wasn't all that great to build with, so I wouldn't want to go smaller than this.

With this new build it was time to go back to a regular mid tower.
Honestly this case was very well designed in terms of space, but there was definitely planning and order-of-operations involved.

Did not enjoy installing the mobo and CPU and then realizing that the second m.2 slot was on the bottom side.

I got Windows 11 installed...now for everything else.

20220203_204445.jpg

There's some cable management I still need to do, but I think I'm gonna get some new cable extensions for the 24 pin and PCI-E cables.

And that USB 3 cable is a tight fit down on the bottom of the mobo - I like when these are on the side.

Last edited:
I do not have enough space left on my PS5 to install Horizon Forbidden West without either upgrading the storage or uninstalling some games.

Being tax season I figured I would pick up a SSD and drop it in.

I went with the WS_Black SSD. Which is the top choice for SSD upgrades for 2022 for the PS5

Amazon product ASIN B08KFRFL8F
Also, got to love amazon. I pulled the trigger and bought it today on my Amazon Prime card while waiting for my tax return because there was only 1 left in stock. Delivery expected Friday 2/11.

As soon as I ordered it it's now listed as in stock, is $9 cheaper and has free delivery tomorrow from prime if I order within the next 7 hours.

Major eye roll here.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I need for a heatsink.

The top heatsink for the PS5 is the Sabrent m.2 NVMe Heatsink for the PS5 Console.

Amazon product ASIN B09HSQQWCL
However, on amazon I am seeing it's frequently bought with an additional heatsink.

1644174253196.png

Glad to see it's frequently bought with the SSD I ended up with, but I'm confused by the additional heatsink.

Do I need both?

played through some games recently, all on Switch:
Murder By Numbers, which is really just Picross with a story. but I love Picross, so I enjoyed it.

Guacamele 1, I got 1&2 on sale recently. I played 1 back in the day (I believe on the 360) but never played 2, so figured I'd replay 1 before starting 2.

after beating those I started Deadly Premonition 1, which I have never played before... and quite frankly I have very little idea what the hell is going on... but so far I'm enjoying it, Zach!

played through some games recently, all on Switch:
Murder By Numbers, which is really just Picross with a story. but I love Picross, so I enjoyed it.

Guacamele 1, I got 1&2 on sale recently. I played 1 back in the day (I believe on the 360) but never played 2, so figured I'd replay 1 before starting 2.

after beating those I started Deadly Premonition 1, which I have never played before... and quite frankly I have very little idea what the hell is going on... but so far I'm enjoying it, Zach!
Deadly Premonition is weird as heck! Its supposed to be very inspired by Twin Peaks - and has a lot of references.

Wow, the price really has come down on the WD_Black 2TB SSD.

A year ago it was over $900. In the past 30 days its been as low as $259.99 and is currently at $308.

People who upgraded their PS5 last year as soon as the update was released passed up on the 2TB SSD because it was still over $600

Wondering whether to continue with Sable. Jumped into it for a couple of hours last night, and while I had fun, a lot of it was spent exploring without purpose. With my gaming time being limited, I might switch to something with a story…

Wondering whether to continue with Sable. Jumped into it for a couple of hours last night, and while I had fun, a lot of it was spent exploring without purpose. With my gaming time being limited, I might switch to something with a story…
I had this same problem with it when I played it soon after it came out and I still haven’t gone back to it since.

Back