Everything Video Games!

played through some games recently, all on Switch:
Murder By Numbers, which is really just Picross with a story. but I love Picross, so I enjoyed it.

Guacamele 1, I got 1&2 on sale recently. I played 1 back in the day (I believe on the 360) but never played 2, so figured I'd replay 1 before starting 2.

after beating those I started Deadly Premonition 1, which I have never played before... and quite frankly I have very little idea what the hell is going on... but so far I'm enjoying it, Zach!
Guacameele 1 and 2 are both masterpieces. Looking forward to playing Nobody Saves the World soon, it's from the same developer.
Wondering whether to continue with Sable. Jumped into it for a couple of hours last night, and while I had fun, a lot of it was spent exploring without purpose. With my gaming time being limited, I might switch to something with a story…
That's pretty much the whole game. You find some stuff that give backstory on the world, but mostly it's just go around, see the sights, find the worms and masks. And also laugh at the horrible physics with the bike.

Played through some easy 100% completions on Xbox Gamepass in the last month+. Ranked.

1. Donut County - Fun little "puzzle" game with some surprises and jokes along the way
2. DEEEER Simulator: Your Average Everyday Deer Game - Bizarre game, but filled with nuggets of humor that make the wacky storyline worth completing.
3. Plants vs. Zombies - The classic.
4. Lake - Repetitive gameplay (you spend most of your time delivering mail), but I found it relaxing and worth the play
5. Townscaper - Little sandbox game. I am not nearly creative enough to explore it outside the VERY easy achievement list. We're talking 15 minutes to complete.

I do not have enough space left on my PS5 to install Horizon Forbidden West without either upgrading the storage or uninstalling some games.

Being tax season I figured I would pick up a SSD and drop it in.

I went with the WS_Black SSD. Which is the top choice for SSD upgrades for 2022 for the PS5

Amazon product ASIN B08KFRFL8F
Also, got to love amazon. I pulled the trigger and bought it today on my Amazon Prime card while waiting for my tax return because there was only 1 left in stock. Delivery expected Friday 2/11.

As soon as I ordered it it's now listed as in stock, is $9 cheaper and has free delivery tomorrow from prime if I order within the next 7 hours.

Major eye roll here.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I need for a heatsink.

The top heatsink for the PS5 is the Sabrent m.2 NVMe Heatsink for the PS5 Console.

Amazon product ASIN B09HSQQWCL
However, on amazon I am seeing it's frequently bought with an additional heatsink.

View attachment 127877

Glad to see it's frequently bought with the SSD I ended up with, but I'm confused by the additional heatsink.

Do I need both?
Should only need one heatsink. Not sure what the difference is besides size. Based on my PC experience the first should suffice

Just finished the achievement list on Xbox for Back 4 Blood. What a... strange game. Definitely isn't a Left 4 Dead 3 despite the advertisements leading you to think so. It feels like it's own beast entirely. But even then it still feels only decent in it's current state. There's the foundation there for a truly great game, but it's just not there right now.

As for the achievements, holy god Nightmare difficulty is brutal. The difficulty is so ludicrous, it almost requires you to learn speedrunning strategies if you're doing it alone with bots. Doing it with a group is my recommendation for this one, but even then it's still going to be challenging.

Difficulty - Solo: 8/10, Group: 7/10
Game Rating - 3/5

Last edited:
Just finished the achievement list on Xbox for Back 4 Blood. What a... strange game. Definitely isn't a Left 4 Dead 3 despite the advertisements leading you to think so. It feels like it's own beast entirely. But even then it still feels only decent in it's current state. There's the foundation there for a truly great game, but it's just not there right now.

As for the achievements, holy god Nightmare difficulty is brutal. The difficulty is so ludicrous, it almost requires you to learn speedrunning strategies if you're doing it alone with bots. Doing it with a group is my recommendation for this one, but even then it's still going to be challenging.

Game Rating - 3/5
I played this one for maybe an hour hoping it was a Left 4 Dead 3. I absolutely loved the arcade-y feel of those first two games. This one was different. Maps, at least what I played, were poorly designed and boring. Enemies were okay but the AI were god awful. I only played solo but they were barely doing anything to help me out at times. It was so annoying that I was just running to get to the next place. I haven’t picked it up since.

I played this one for maybe an hour hoping it was a Left 4 Dead 3. I absolutely loved the arcade-y feel of those first two games. This one was different. Maps, at least what I played, were poorly designed and boring. Enemies were okay but the AI were god awful. I only played solo but they were barely doing anything to help me out at times. It was so annoying that I was just running to get to the next place. I haven’t picked it up since.
The reasons you just said are the reason that I decided to pick up speedrunning tactics to beat the hardest difficulty. bots are USELESS for anything other than dropping ammo and sometimes throwing grenades.

Should only need one heatsink. Not sure what the difference is besides size. Based on my PC experience the first should suffice
After watching videos of placing the SSD and heatsink into the PS5 I discovered the following.

The SSD has no airflow. It relies on negative pressure to alleviate the heat.

You place the heatsink on the SSD and then put the cover back on over the SSD to create the negative pressure. The Sabrent heatsink actually replaces the PS5 cover to the ssd slot. The Sabrent heatsink is supposed further remove heat by catching airflow from the fan on the top side of the cover.

Essentially, it turns the cover into a heatsink as well.

I'm hearing it's not necessary. But a lot of people are doing it as an added precaution.

Game Rating - 3/5
I've been playing through with my wife and two friends. I agree the experience is better with people, the AI is hot garbage. We completed recruit difficulty and started on normal. Even that bump in difficulty is somewhat kicking our butt, I can't image what Nightmare is like.

I've been playing through with my wife and two friends. I agree the experience is better with people, the AI is hot garbage. We completed recruit difficulty and started on normal. Even that bump in difficulty is somewhat kicking our butt, I can't image what Nightmare is like.
For context on how difficult nightmare is, there were three trouble spots that I hit in the game’s campaign. The three levels were Abandoned, The Handy Man and T5.

Abandoned I was stuck on for a solid 3 hours just attempting to beat it once. The Handy Man took me probably a solid 8-10 hours of grinding over three days to finish. T5 took me a solid 6 hours of attempts over two days. Every other level didn’t take me more than about an hour to finish. Granted, I was solo when doing it so MAYBE it’ll be easier with your group, but yeah it’s brutal in solo.

There are lots of little tricks to learn that will exponentially help the difficulty spike, but it’s still something that will challenge you

not going to be the "that Direct sucked" guy. it didn't suck, but not much that I personally got excited over.

Wii bowling online with Switch Sports seems like gold, as long as it's priced right.

there was a Konami game, which who knew they still made games, that was shown in the sizzle reel at the end that looked pretty cool

All right, here's the rest of my Direct thoughts:
NEW MARIO STRIKERS!!!
New Kirby looking real promising.
Live A Live coming to the US is exciting. I had a rom of this one as a kid, but since it was in Japanese I couldn't figure it out. Looks very interesting.
Surprised it's been this long since a Wii Sports style game.
Triangle Strategy is still a dumb name, but I'm also looking forward to it.
Earthbound is a huge add for Switch Online. Wondering what Earthbound Beginnings is, looks like a NES version of the game.
Mario Kart tracks adding some needed value to the Switching Online Expansion Pass.
Never got into Xenoblade, so that last announcement didn't do much for me.
Boo, no botw2 news. I'm guessing there's going to be a mini direct for that hopefully soon.

All in all, I'm probably more hyped about this one than most, but still a little bummed about no Zelda updates.

Back