Everything Video Games!

Friday flashback...........who else had/has one :)
View attachment 125845

What was the Game Boy competitor back in the 90's? I thought sony made it but the PSP didn't come along until like 2003.

I remember something when I was in Grade School, 4th or 5th grade maybe. So around mid to late 90's.

Also, remember the PSP VITA, which went the way of the Virtual Boy? Poor sales and discontinued very quickly?

The PSP VITA failed because there were not games for it. The Game studios dropped support for it relatively quickly after it was discovered it could easily be hacked and games pirated.

What was the Game Boy competitor back in the 90's? I thought sony made it but the PSP didn't come along until like 2003.

I remember something when I was in Grade School, 4th or 5th grade maybe. So around mid to late 90's.

Also, remember the PSP VITA, which went the way of the Virtual Boy? Poor sales and discontinued very quickly?

The PSP VITA failed because there were not games for it. The Game studios dropped support for it relatively quickly after it was discovered it could easily be hacked and games pirated.
Sega Game Gear?

I think your thinking of the DS
1642801878904.png

I still have mine and my game boy and a few others.

I still have an original 1989 Gameboy, Gameboy Color and a Gameboy Advance. All in worker order. Never had another one until the Switch last year if you consider it part of the family.

The screen on the original Gameboy has some yellowing though. I wonder if there are any remedies for that. Still works great though.

My GameShark though does not. I think the contacts corroded on it. Games are all corrupted when I try to use it.

I thought it was so cool back in the day to hack game boy games and get stuff like a Mew in Pokemon.

Back