Everything Video Games!

As someone who still frequently plays Rock Band 4, I hope that Microsoft relaunches Guitar Hero again (and new hardware would be awesome too!) since they specifically called them out and the most recent Guitar Hero game already has its servers shut down.

As someone who still frequently plays Rock Band 4, I hope that Microsoft relaunches Guitar Hero again (and new hardware would be awesome too!) since they specifically called them out and the most recent Guitar Hero game already has its servers shut down.
oooh that would be cool. Rock Band 1, Guitar Hero 2, 3 and Rock Band 2 were hugely important in my formative years. I specifically wanted Rock Band 1 because "Hysteria" by Muse was in it (even though it was only the UK version :cry:). But it led me to discover so much music that I, in turn, joined the Rock Band message boards. Folks there were super welcoming and helped me get into so much music that I love today.

Absolutely bonkers news. Big antitrust implications when you consider all the IP that Microsoft will have. I can see them playing nice with publishing franchises on Playstation (since they'd still get the revenue), but it could really make Game Pass the default for gaming going forward.

Look on the bright side, if he gets terminated (as he should), he'll only make MORE money in his exit package.

it's fucking disgusting. I hope Microsoft doesn't keep him for long, they clearly have plenty of money to throw around.

but you make a good point about Game Pass and the amount of AAA studios MS now own. Microsoft definitely is not making it fun for Sony.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side, if he gets terminated (as he should), he'll only make MORE money in his exit package.

Would that be on top of the income from the stocks he currently has, which I read was valued at ~300mil under the current purchase price….hahaha excuse me while I go die in a corner

Nice, that ones next on my list after I finish Horizon Zero Dawn. After playing through the original FFVII last year, I'm really looking forward to this!
How have you liked HZD? I've got it sitting on my desktop and played about an hour last year but it didn't click w me during that time. I know I'll revisit it at some point. Same happened with Control, just couldn't get into it at the time but in sure it's great.

Nice, that ones next on my list after I finish Horizon Zero Dawn. After playing through the original FFVII last year, I'm really looking forward to this!

I need to finish this game before Forbidden West comes out.

I have the complete edition, and did the Frozen Wilds before completing the main story.

I'm probably 80% through the main story. I left off before Christmas lost trying to get out of The Mountain that Fell.

I need to go back and grab 2 power cells I think before I move on to the final portion of the game so I can get the armor.

I love Horizon Zero Dawn. Really looking forward to Forbidden West. I have the collectors edition pre-ordered which has all kinds of bonus content.

I have the complete edition, and did the Frozen Wilds before completing the main story.

I'm probably 80% through the main story. I left off before Christmas lost trying to get out of The Mountain that Fell.

I need to go back and grab 2 power cells I think before I move on to the final portion of the game so I can get the armor.

I love Horizon Zero Dawn. Really looking forward to Forbidden West. I have the collectors edition pre-ordered which has all kinds of bonus content.
I played HZD when it released. I bought Frozen Wilds but then never played it for some reason l.

I just finished Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut so debating if I jump into HZD for a second time and run through Frozen Wilds before HZD2 drops or try to squeeze in TLOU2.

How have you liked HZD? I've got it sitting on my desktop and played about an hour last year but it didn't click w me during that time. I know I'll revisit it at some point. Same happened with Control, just couldn't get into it at the time but in sure it's great.
I love it! I had started it back in 2019, but something else came out that I really wanted to play, and got distracted from it until last year. I'm doing the DLC right now, almost done with that (I think). I haven't been using any guides other than I looked up when the best time to do the DLC was. I feel like the game starts a little slow, but if you're into post apocalyptic stories and searching for the answers to "why/how did this world get to be this way?" then there's plenty of lore to dive into. Combat in the game is also really good, and focuses on precision instead of just blasting everything you come across.

Control is very similar in this regard. Starts a little slow/confusingly, but builds on itself and has a lot of great sci fi elements and lore if you're the type to seek it out.

I think I'm pretty much in the same area. I'm almost done with the DLC I think - I'm heading to the last mission, but I also need to do the hunting grounds. The Mountain that Fell is the quest I'm currently on for the main story, but I looked it up and people online were saying this was a good point to go do the DLC, so I did.

I'm also really looking forward to Forbidden West, just need to secure a PS5...

Back