Everything Video Games!

This is going to be one worth watching. 5 chapters, 5 original songs all produced by Luna Shadows and Thom Powers of The Naked and Famous.

Nice. Will have to check it out for Luna Shadows and The Naked and Famous alone.

I beat Kena: Bridge of Spirits about an hour ago. What a great game. Will have to play it again on a harder difficulty level and try to find every last hidden thing next time.

Starting Tales of Arise now.

Got to play a little bit of Age of Empires IV on Friday before being out of town for the weekend. Not sure it'll have the magic of II, but thanks to Game Pass I have I - IV to play through.

Someone stop me from buying Assassin's Creed: Valhalla for $20

Origins was a bit of a slog getting through after a while, but Odyssey was enjoyable even after 120 hours in. Is Valhalla as good?
I own Valhalla and I like it a lot 👍but then again I never played any of the AC titles that preceded it. That said, the game is definitely worth $20.

Someone stop me from buying Assassin's Creed: Valhalla for $20

Origins was a bit of a slog getting through after a while, but Odyssey was enjoyable even after 120 hours in. Is Valhalla as good?
Jumping on this late, so idk if it's still $20, but that's a steal for Valhalla...as far as the more recent iterations of AC go, for me it's Valhalla>Odyssey>>>Origins.

Jumping on this late, so idk if it's still $20, but that's a steal for Valhalla...as far as the more recent iterations of AC go, for me it's Valhalla>Odyssey>>>Origins.
it is!

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is on sale for $9.99 through 11/20/21 on the Playstation Store for digital.

I just picked it up to play before Horizon Forbidden West drops in February.
Such a good game!! Hope you enjoy it.
I found myself struggling to play the new AC games in a reasonable amount of time, took 1yr to beat both Origins and Odyssey, still kinda playing Valhalla. I like the changes introduced with Origins moving more towards the RPG model but also found it overwhelming.

I JUST reinstalled Origins after watching a bit of a Lets Play, and man that game is still gorgeous! Curious what the next entry will be like.

Black Flag is still 🐐

Absolutely loved Metroid Dread. It's not without a few flaws, the restricted exploration and lack of atmosphere that some other Metroids have mainly, but what it does well is excellent. It feels fantastic to move around and shoot, the bosses are a blast, it adds new layers to the Metroid lore, and Samus is more bad ass than she's ever been.

Such a good game!! Hope you enjoy it.

I found myself struggling to play the new AC games in a reasonable amount of time, took 1yr to beat both Origins and Odyssey, still kinda playing Valhalla. I like the changes introduced with Origins moving more towards the RPG model but also found it overwhelming.

I JUST reinstalled Origins after watching a bit of a Lets Play, and man that game is still gorgeous! Curious what the next entry will be like.

Black Flag is still 🐐
Yeah, the new wave AC games are massive...Origins took me 100 hours, Odyssey took me 250, and I'm currently 222 hours into Valhalla (and haven't done any of the special river raid stuff or the most recent DLC yet).

Agreed that Black Flag beats them all though! I've been considering doing a replay, but might give Syndicate another go first, since I didn't put more than 10 hours into that one.

Yeah, the new wave AC games are massive...Origins took me 100 hours, Odyssey took me 250, and I'm currently 222 hours into Valhalla (and haven't done any of the special river raid stuff or the most recent DLC yet).

Agreed that Black Flag beats them all though! I've been considering doing a replay, but might give Syndicate another go first, since I didn't put more than 10 hours into that one.
I have never played Black Flag, maybe I should do that. I got Syndicate for like $10 when I first got an Xbox One like 2 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Didn't go stale like some parts of Origins had, it's much more of a classic AC game. Lots of fun rooftop hopping and did a good job of incorporating the river through London. Nowhere close to 100s of hours, maybe 20-30 but I liked it.

Absolutely loved Metroid Dread. It's not without a few flaws, the restricted exploration and lack of atmosphere that some other Metroids have mainly, but what it does well is excellent. It feels fantastic to move around and shoot, the bosses are a blast, it adds new layers to the Metroid lore, and Samus is more bad ass than she's ever been.
I haven't finished the game 🎮 yet (still lots of exploration to do) but regardless it's game the year for me!

I have never played Black Flag, maybe I should do that. I got Syndicate for like $10 when I first got an Xbox One like 2 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Didn't go stale like some parts of Origins had, it's much more of a classic AC game. Lots of fun rooftop hopping and did a good job of incorporating the river through London. Nowhere close to 100s of hours, maybe 20-30 but I liked it.
I remember enjoying the bit of Syndicate I played, I just fell off because I think work got super busy. I like to do all the things when I play a video game, so the AC titles are always a big time investment for me because a lot of time is spent just grabbing collectibles and opening chests.

You should definitely play Black Flag! Usually the naval stuff in these games isn't my favorite part, but BF implements it beautifully.

Valhalla still wins in the lets-me-pet-the-animals department though!

so many cats in Origins and I couldn't pet any of them :mad:

EDIT: I'm an idiot I didn't know I could do this

I didn't know that either! One of my favorite things in Valhalla is that whenever Eivor goes back to their camp, they get SUPER excited when they run into their dog, and I can really relate to that. Also eventually there's a cat that just hangs out on your boat and naps.

Back