Everything Video Games!

Anyone playing It Takes Two on PC? I just grabbed it on Steam and my wife is gonna download the free friends pass so we can co-op. But till then I'm SOL 'cause I don't know anyone who plays. Anyone playing and want to co-op as my husband or wife, lol?
I'm playing through it with a friend right now, it's incredible. I recommend just reserving the experience to play with your spouse.

Downloaded Mario Golf: Super Rush last week and have only gotten to play nine holes. Very much looking forward to the long holiday weekend to make a real (relaxing) dent.

Downloaded Mario Golf: Super Rush last week and have only gotten to play nine holes. Very much looking forward to the long holiday weekend to make a real (relaxing) dent.
do you need to use the joycons like a Wii controller or can you lazily just use the switch or pro controller?

I used to play hours upon hours of Tiger Woods 2005 on PSP and maybe would be interested in something like this

do you need to use the joycons like a Wii controller or can you lazily just use the switch or pro controller?

I used to play hours upon hours of Tiger Woods 2005 on PSP and maybe would be interested in something like this
It has both motion and full button controls! I played a stupid amount of the Gamecube version back in the day, so I was very thrilled to get back into the button-based swing of things (pun intended).

played Ori and the Will of the Wisp on Switch over the past week, the game had some frustrating sections for me but overall was an incredible game. it looks pretty amazing and the sound/music is even better, definitely a great Metroidvania.

started RE7 last night after having already having finished RE8 a little while ago, didn't play much but already feels way more unsettling than RE8 ever did.

Last edited:
played Ori and the Will of the Wisp on Switch over the past week, the game had some frustrating sections for me but overall was an incredible game. it looks pretty amazing and the sound/music is even better, definitely a great Metroidvania.
I liked Ori and the Blind Forest a little bit better than Will of the Wisps, don't forget to check out that one too!

I liked Ori and the Blind Forest a little bit better than Will of the Wisps, don't forget to check out that one too!
I played Blind Forest and beat that when it first dropped on Switch. I don't remember it well enough to compare but the combat in Will of the Wisps seemed more fluid than I remember it being in Blind Forest. but overall it is a great series with some pretty heavy moments.

Will O the Wisps had some serious performance issues on the switch. Still enjoyable but not without flaws.
It even had some serious issues on Xbox when it came out, to the point I put it away until they patched it. Not sure about Switch, but they did fix the issues I had.

Really enjoyed playing through Disco Elysium.

Can't recommend it on PS4 though, unless you are a fan of crashing during loading screens.

so Nintendo finally announces the new Switch, but just seems to be bigger/better screen (but still same sized body), enhanced audio, better kickstand, but doesn't seem it will improve performance in any way or will output higher resolutions as speculated

so Nintendo finally announces the new Switch, but just seems to be bigger/better screen (but still same sized body), enhanced audio, better kickstand, but doesn't seem it will improve performance in any way or will output higher resolutions as speculated

this isn’t the 4K pro model that ppl were assuming hoping for , but your list of new things in addition to LAN port on dock , double internal storage , and battery. It’s not the upgrade I wanted but it’s nice conserving it’s $50 more from a console that’s selling like hot cakes. They absolutely didn’t need to do this but maybe it’s all they wanted to before the 4K switch (switch pro / switch 2) comes out.

I was looking forward to this announcement but this doesn't do much for me. I'd be playing docked so the screen doesn't make much of a difference. I wasn't expecting 4k but thought we'd see an upgraded dock with a bit of boost and the included storage is weak. Ah well, I have a big enough backlog already I guess.

This new Switch won't get current owners to upgrade because it's barely an upgrade. Diehards might buy it to have it but it'll be wasted if the new Switch Pro just comes out in less than a year. Everyone will just wait and see for something better.

There were some rumors that they would introduce an updated base model before the mooted Pro upgrade, but this is still pretty underwhelming. I’m holding out. My launch unit’s still going strong.
exactly!

on one hand I'm disappointed in this announcement as I was hoping for a revision that would push the performance and extend the life of the console. but on the other hand I'm happy that I can just hang on to my launch model and not spend the hundreds of dollars on a new Switch.

This new Switch won't get current owners to upgrade because it's barely an upgrade. Diehards might buy it to have it but it'll be wasted if the new Switch Pro just comes out in less than a year. Everyone will just wait and see for something better.
There will be a small percentage of die hards who will purchase this.

there will be someone who play almost exclusively in handheld and will want to upgrade bc of battery degradation / more handheld features. There are plenty of us on the og switch configuration that don’t have that nice battery bump.

it’s also a good third option for those who haven’t jumped into the switch world yet.

it’s like the iPhone XX, XX Pro, XX Pro Max tiered offering.

it’s not impressive but it certainly is an option that will probably allow them to get that money. Nintendo does their own thing and it’s exciting to see the results of their thinking but it’s not without head scratchers as well.

Back