Everything Video Games!

overall not a great presentation...seems like Xbox had the best one so far. but yeah BotW 2, Metroid, and Wario Ware were the games that really interested me.

I've never played a Metroid game but that looks pretty interesting, I'll probably play it!
My favorite game probably of all time is Metroid Prime, so I definitely recommend those. This is a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion, which came out on GBA 20 years ago, and holds up surprisingly well if you want somethin to start with!

So we have known for a week or two Nintendo making official statements regarding their e3 presentation being software only.
My assumption is that the chip shortage is one factor and that switch / switch lite are still selling like hot cakes , that we see the pro model next year.
I think we see a big launch title that can take advantage of the pro features and I don’t see that for this fall / holiday.

After reading so many good things about Hades, I took advantage of the sale at Nintendo ($17.50 plus tax) and purchased yesterday. Played a bit last night before bed, staying up a bit too late (as usual). Enjoying it so far! I'm sure the enemies get harder, and I'm still getting used to the best strategy for battles. Been using the bow mostly over the sword so I can fight big enemies from afar.

Last edited:
So we have known for a week or two Nintendo making official statements regarding their e3 presentation being software only.
My assumption is that the chip shortage is one factor and that switch / switch lite are still selling like hot cakes , that we see the pro model next year.
I think we see a big launch title that can take advantage of the pro features and I don’t see that for this fall / holiday.
I really think the pro will launch alongside BOTW 2 next year. I can't think of a better game to 1) showcase any tech upgrades that may come on the new model, and 2) motivate people who already have a switch to upgrade in order to have the "definitive" BOTW2 experience

I really think the pro will launch alongside BOTW 2 next year. I can't think of a better game to 1) showcase any tech upgrades that may come on the new model, and 2) motivate people who already have a switch to upgrade in order to have the "definitive" BOTW2 experience
That’s what I’m anticipating as well. Cell shading can look even more glorious in 4K.

I feel like it's been a while since our regularly scheduled Binding Of Isaac update. Things were pretty uneventful for a while there, I was working on getting a Mother kill with The Keeper, and progress was slow. The first update is: after a frustrating loss yesterday in which I got to Mother but my dodging was horrible, I was successful two runs later with a high power Tech X build. The final loss count getting here: 65 losses and 1 frustrating win (more on that in a sec). I'm down to Jacob and Esau as the only hard character of the main group of characters to do before I move on to the Tained list. At this pace, I'll probably re-achieve completion by 2023!

About that frustrating win: I played through an alt path run up to the point where you fight the harder version of Mom's hand. I had a crazy good run and dominated the fight. Upon winning, a Delirium portal opened right in front of the door you knife to fight the harder Mom's heart. I didn't think anything of it at first, and went in to crush the heart, which I did. As I came back out, the portal was still there, and the animation from leaving the room put me right in it. I couldn't get out of the way quick enough, and was sucked in, with no way to return to the path to get to Mother. I nearly rage quit, but decided to kill Delirium purely out of spite. Not only did I win, but I did so without taking damage, something I've only done a couple times.

Anyways, time to get some Dogma/Mother wins with some much easier characters!

No co-op for Tales of Arise, Bandai? Really? My wife and I have been playing Tales games together for almost 20 years now. A new release is usually an event with vacation days, a case of beer, and binge playing. Now one of us is just going to have to sit there. Like a Final Fantasy or some generic RPG. This is really damn disappointing, Bandai. Thanks so much.

Bitter rant over.

Anyone playing It Takes Two on PC? I just grabbed it on Steam and my wife is gonna download the free friends pass so we can co-op. But till then I'm SOL 'cause I don't know anyone who plays. Anyone playing and want to co-op as my husband or wife, lol?

Back