Everything Video Games!

I'm in the same boat. Thinking I might wait for Ultimate edition to go on sale again and scoop it up. You never know how long a game's going to be on Game Pass, and I don't like the idea of buying the add-ons for a game I don't own.
The ultimate edition is also 4k 60 FPS on next gen systems and that makes a HUGE difference

The loss streak in Isaac is OVER!!! Finally got a Dogma/Beast win with The Lost, ending my 83 loss streak. Going to play one of the easier characters as a treat before I move on to Keeper or Jacob & Esau and begin pulling my hair out again.

For anyone playing the game, Continuum tears are AWESOME for the Beast fight. Since they don't fall in that fight, they just circle the screen repeatedly. Pair this with high tear rate, and you can build walls of tears between each phase of the fight.

Set aside my Dead by Daylight habit for a short foray into Knockout City while there's a free trial, but I up and deleted KOCity before the trial is over. Started fun. I liked it better than Ninjala. But league play is soul-crushing when you're on console and getting pummeled and e-sported into oblivion by fast-fingered PC players. Rank progression's simply not balanced. I'll hold out for Splatoon 3 on the competitive-fun front.

Ah well, more time for me to blitz RE2 Remake for the first time before the new DbD chapter.

Jumped right into Quantum Leap after finishing Control. It’s... not as good, it’s still fine but Control was way more fun. The story is much more boring. “Oooh scary multinational organization vs. the little guy” 🥱. The fighting is kind of clunky, powers not as fun/easy to use. I don’t like when games slow you down during certain areas, the story seems to stagnate because you’re walked through so much. The mini episodes between each Act took me for surprise. I really wanted to jump into some action only to have to sit through a long ass cut scene. That could be skipped but that’s not the point, and I’d miss a lot of plot. I’m about a quarter of the way through so far. I’m hoping it gets better.

With the possibility of the New Switch being announced this week I'm wondering how to best prepare to beat the bots when it comes preorder time. I've been waiting for this too long not to get one at release or to be forced to pay scalper prices.
I was thinking about the same, I held off getting a switch and I really want one of the upgraded models. For the PS5 I stayed up for the Amazon drop between 1-2 am and got lucky. I'll probably try the same thing, hope for a late night pre-order the day of the announcement.

I was thinking about the same, I held off getting a switch and I really want one of the upgraded models. For the PS5 I stayed up for the Amazon drop between 1-2 am and got lucky. I'll probably try the same thing, hope for a late night pre-order the day of the announcement.
According to various rumors and reports, Nintendo could make the announcement on Thursday, June 3 as part of the next Nintendo Direct event 😁 and the Nintendo Switch Pro could be released as early as September per the latest leak via Amazon Mexico. 😳

Just completed RE VILLAGE! Amazing ending!! Can't wait for RE 9!!! The story is far from over...
it was a pretty cool game. I don't think I loved it as much as must reviewers did but it certainly was enjoyable. the ending was interesting and made me want to check out RE7 which I have but never played.

it was a pretty cool game. I don't think I loved it as much as must reviewers did but it certainly was enjoyable. the ending was interesting and made me want to check out RE7 which I have but never played.
I loved it! A proper spiritual sequel to RE4 which is one of my favorites of the franchise. RE7 biohazard ☣ is very good as well with the same first-person perspective and scarier imo but with less enemies and fewer weapons and ammo on hand.

Last edited:
RE7 was great! And it's a direct prequel to 8, so things will probably make a lot more sense once you do play it.

RE7 was great! And it's a direct prequel to 8, so things will probably make a lot more sense once you do play it.
learning that Ethan is dead during the entirety of RE8 as well as almost all of RE7 was unexpected and certainly interesting. I mean it was pretty obvious that something was going on with Ethan since he was reattaching limbs and surviving all sorts of various impalings, but I didn't see that one coming. so yeah, interested in seeing where he does die in RE7 and what happens after that

Dug Prey out from my backlog a few weeks ago on a whim. Finished it last night. I'd expected it to be shorter than it actually was.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking, but It's definitely a well-made game and I quite enjoyed the Talos I space station environment. Sounds like the DLC is almost like a second game in itself with totally different gameplay, so I'll dip back into that later.

Giving Subnautica and Star Wars Squadrons a shot. Restarted Subnautica without the food and water grind, and am quite enjoying it. Need to spend a bit more time with Squadrons; it's not quite the PC Star Wars flight sims of old, but it's pretty good.

Back