Everything Video Games!

Okay so I played Far Cry New Dawn online with a buddy last night and I don't think I've laughed that hard in months. Just absolute stupid chaos, running around blowing things up, falling off of cliffs and getting attacked by irradiated animals all while Die Antwoord is inexplicably playing in game. Absolute stupidity and a great co op game...

EDIT- To be clear, the actual game script is dumb as hell, the hilarity was entirely our own making...

Last edited:
anyone here ever played Greedfall before? I just finished it last night. Not a bad RPG at all. It had a lot of elements that reminded me of the Witcher; good leveling, classes, and combat. The story and maps felt very similar to the new Tomb Raider games. A weird mix but it worked. I played as a Magic build, as opposed to a sword or science character. Magic is way too overpowering since it bypasses everyone’s armor. I never ever play games on anything other than Standard difficulty but I had to up it twice to the hardest difficulty after a while because combat became too easy. Even then it was still very easy at the hardest difficulty. If I were to play it again I’d probably pick a different character build. All in all, a decent game. I recommend it if you’re looking for a new action RPG that can scratch that Witcher itch.

Quick Isaac update, with good news! Last week I decided to start trying runs with the Lost, going for the Mother and Dogma paths of the game. For the uninitiated, this character can only take one hit per room, and that capacity can't be increased, so it is very easy to die. Last night, after 30+ attempts, I was finally successful at getting a Mother kill! Had a stupid overpowered build with high damage, broken tears cap, Guppy, infestation shot, and Maw of the Void. Basically I had thicc shot damage on top of regular spider damage on top of constant fly damage on top of a chargeable ring of damage. The only place the build was lacking was on movement speed, which was .6 (base starting speed is 1).

I gotta say, these runs wouldn't be as bad if Ed would have not basically removed the i-frames after taking damage in this DLC. Most of my losses have been from getting double tapped by lasers or rocks quicker than I could get out of the way.

Anyways, onward to DOGMA! See you in another week or two when I'm finally victorious again!

ok, fellas, i think im ready to get a PS5 now. what is the website/alerts-system i can use to get notified for the next restock???
Setting alerts for @Wario64 and @MattSwider on Twitter worked out eventually for me. Wario seems to get the jump on the more impromptu restocks, but fair warning they also post LOTS of general VG deals each day. Matt is good if you want to know when to carve out windows throughout the week for likely restocks based on retailer patterns/recon.

Help me decide! What should I play next?

I have all these downloaded already and one will be my next playthrough (I've played none of them previously)....

Final Fantasy XV
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (played "...of Mordor"; loved the combat)
The Witcher 3 (have played none of the others but have heard that doesn't matter)

I have all these downloaded already and one will be my next playthrough (I've played none of them previously)....

Final Fantasy XV
The Witcher 3 (have played none of the others but have heard that doesn't matter)
Shadow of War is a lot of fun and The Witcher is as well. I’m going to recommend Shadow of War first because the Witcher is a much longer game and may take you 100+ hours, unless of course you play both at the same time.

Also I guess I could check myself, but is Shadow of Mordor on GamePass? I’m assuming that’s how you’re downloading these. I’ve never played that one, only Of War but have been wanting to play it. I even thought about playing of war again.

Shadow of War is a lot of fun and The Witcher is as well. I’m going to recommend Shadow of War first because the Witcher is a much longer game and may take you 100+ hours, unless of course you play both at the same time.

Also I guess I could check myself, but is Shadow of Mordor on GamePass? I’m assuming that’s how you’re downloading these. I’ve never played that one, only Of War but have been wanting to play it. I even thought about playing of war again.
No, I use Steam. I actually got it last year on one of their sales for like $15 so that was def worth it. It got a little repetitive in the missions but taking on dozens of dudes at a time and juggling them is great fun.

I hear Of War basically just expands the first and adds some new mechanics. As long as there is no Batmobile, I'm good

Final Fantasy XV
Witcher 3. Its the only game in the Witcher series that I've played but I loved it. I dumped close to 200 hours in it during the heart of the pandemic last year. Make sure to get the complete edition as the DLCs are both excellent as well.

That being said Shadow of War is also very fun.

Witcher 3. Its the only game in the Witcher series that I've played but I loved it. I dumped close to 200 hours in it during the heart of the pandemic last year. Make sure to get the complete edition as the DLCs are both excellent as well.

That being said Shadow of War is also very fun.
Yea the package I got has the dlc

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV has a TON of problems, but I still enjoyed my time with it regardless. Just keep in mind the movie, anime, and DLC's all help fill in the gaps in the story, and even then there's plenty of holes.

I haven't actually played the other two, they've both been in the backlog for ages.

Yea the package I got has the dlc
I also vote Witcher simply because it's so freaking good. And my only concern with playing Shadow of War first is that since they are a little similar in play style, you might get burned out on the 3rd person fantasy RPG hack 'n slash style before you get to the really good game on your list, that being The Witcher.

Final Fantasy XV

Another vote for Witcher 3, though be warned that you can easily sink 200 hours in a single playthrough (and then feel compelled to start anew!).

I'm sure that will make sense at some point and will (most likely) include a choice that changes the story, gameplay/skills, or both.
The cool thing about that game is nearly EVERYTHING affects the story going forward. It's one of the only games I've played where decisions make a huge difference in the story all the way through.

The cool thing about that game is nearly EVERYTHING affects the story going forward. It's one of the only games I've played where decisions make a huge difference in the story all the way through.
I remember playing Overlord and I tried so hard to be good. But those villagers were so damn whiney I had to get my minions after them

I feel like I can already close the unofficial voting. W3 it will be
I know you already decided, but just adding another to the "The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time!" pile. it's really a fantastic game.

is anyone else playing Resident Evil Village? I'm still only a couple hours in but can't say I'm loving the game so far. I definitely am interested in the story and I will see it through to the end, but so far in terms of gameplay it's really just not my thing.

I remember playing Overlord and I tried so hard to be good. But those villagers were so damn whiney I had to get my minions after them
You will have ample opportunity to pillage, but I can't say the game steers you that way, unlike Overlord... Which was hilarious.

Back