Everything Video Games!

I really need to play Witcher 3, and I've owned it for a few years. It's always hard to get started on a big time sink game. I did just finish Ghost of Tsushima recently, though. Great game, and possibly the most gorgeous game I've seen on the ps5. I also have that Mass Effect remastered collection on the way, so that may be my next game(s).

I really need to play Witcher 3, and I've owned it for a few years. It's always hard to get started on a big time sink game. I did just finish Ghost of Tsushima recently, though. Great game, and possibly the most gorgeous game I've seen on the ps5. I also have that Mass Effect remastered collection on the way, so that may be my next game(s).
If you've never played the mass effect games, then I would say ME remaster THEN Witcher 3. ME trilogy is in my top five ever games/franchises.

Wi
I'd be interested to see what you think of RE VILLAGE when you start. I have to say I had a better time with it playing last night than I have had up to that point, but I still have issues with the game
Will report back later. Now how many hours have you played?

Will report back later. Now how many hours have you played?
I think I'm about 3-4 hours in, but some of that time was wandering around a bit aimlessly not knowing where to go/what to do... which is almost strange to me because one of my issues is how claustrophobic the game is a lot of the time, even when it feels like it shouldn't be, so it's almost hard to imagine getting lost or not sure where to go next when there's not a ton of ground to cover.

I'm sure someone who's better at the game would be further along than I am given the amount of time put into the game. having not played RE7 I would imagine that going into 8 after 7 you'll be much more in tune with the game than I was at the start. last night finally started feeling like I was coming around to the game and how it plays, but pretty much everything before that felt like an uphill battle, which I wasn't expecting

I think I'm about 3-4 hours in, but some of that time was wandering around a bit aimlessly not knowing where to go/what to do... which is almost strange to me because one of my issues is how claustrophobic the game is a lot of the time, even when it feels like it shouldn't be, so it's almost hard to imagine getting lost or not sure where to go next when there's not a ton of ground to cover.

I'm sure someone who's better at the game would be further along than I am given the amount of time put into the game. having not played RE7 I would imagine that going into 8 after 7 you'll be much more in tune with the game than I was at the start. last night finally started feeling like I was coming around to the game and how it plays, but pretty much everything before that felt like an uphill battle, which I wasn't expecting
I've been playing for about an hour already, and I quite like it, despite a couple of jump scares 😨 along the way. I made it out of the forest and I'm into the village right now where I encountered my first enemy, which I gather is some sort of super zombie 🧟‍♂️😅

EDIT: it's a lycan

Last edited:
Finished Control this weekend, what a fantastic game. The final part felt a little anti-climactic, but overall I loved the hell out of this thing. Need to get the DLC's and play those at some point, but decided to take a break for now and clear some of the other backlog.

Started Doom Eternal this weekend, and am having a blast so far. Playing on the second hardest difficulty, which has been challenging but more than doable. Love how fast paced this game is with the combat, and then has little breaks in the action to do some exploring and platforming. If I remember right with the initial review, some people didn't like this, but it works for me.

Also going to start playing Medievil finally. I purchased it a while back but hadn't gotten around to it yet. The install took ages yesterday, so I didn't get to start it (thus why I started Doom).

Also continuing along in Dragon Quest XI, looking for a little guidance here. I just got the last orb and am heading towards Yggdrasil. It was starting to feel like I was nearing the end, but there's plenty of stuff not wrapped up. I only have 9/25 pastwords, and there's a ton of incompleted quests, even though I've done everything I've come across, and I've gone to every location on the map. There was a story detail that was JUST introduced, so I'm now doubting that the end is near. I guess my question is: Is there a "point of no return" in this game, and if so, am I heading to it?

Finally, speedrun Isaac update. -70 loss streak as the lost trying to beat Dogma. Losing my mind. We'll get there some day!

Finished Control this weekend, what a fantastic game. The final part felt a little anti-climactic, but overall I loved the hell out of this thing. Need to get the DLC's and play those at some point, but decided to take a break for now and clear some of the other backlog.
I also finished this one yesterday! I too, was expecting a better end game/boss battle but it was still decent. I really wish the Story kept going a little longer because I don't feel like I had enough time to play around with the maxed out powers or weapons. I only unlocked the Charge Service Weapon right before the last mission, I wish I had it sooner. I did most, if not all, of the side missions but I was still trying to stretch the game longer than 20-25~ hours or however long it takes to 100% it. Still a very good game, could have been a little longer but very enjoyable and fun.

I also finished this one yesterday! I too, was expecting a better end game/boss battle but it was still decent. I really wish the Story kept going a little longer because I don't feel like I had enough time to play around with the maxed out powers or weapons. I only unlocked the Charge Service Weapon right before the last mission, I wish I had it sooner. I did most, if not all, of the side missions but I was still trying to stretch the game longer than 20-25~ hours or however long it takes to 100% it. Still a very good game, could have been a little longer but very enjoyable and fun.
The DLC adds a lot and it's more than enough time to max everything, I'm assuming that maybe you didn't get to the dlc yet?

Finished up the main story line and all the side missions in the Destroy All Human remake this weekend. Graphics were a welcome upgrade, gameplay was tight and while the humor misses sometimes I still found myself laughing just as much as I remember. Hoping they do the sequel and possibly return to the series. If you have gamepass, it's worth the download!

Nope, I'm playing on Game Pass which doesn't include it (I think) so I'd have to pay for it separately :cry:
I'm in the same boat. Thinking I might wait for Ultimate edition to go on sale again and scoop it up. You never know how long a game's going to be on Game Pass, and I don't like the idea of buying the add-ons for a game I don't own.

I'm in the same boat. Thinking I might wait for Ultimate edition to go on sale again and scoop it up. You never know how long a game's going to be on Game Pass, and I don't like the idea of buying the add-ons for a game I don't own.
yup exactly. I may do exactly that. It feels like a game that would go for a deep sale <$15 in a few years

Back