Everything Video Games!

speaking of persona titles, im also interested in the Q and Q2 titles for the 3ds. but i know those are a bit different from main persona games. i’ll be honest, i think the chibi artstyle in those titles looks cute, which is what piqued my interest for those

speaking of persona titles, im also interested in the Q and Q2 titles for the 3ds. but i know those are a bit different from main persona games. i’ll be honest, i think the chibi artstyle in those titles looks cute, which is what piqued my interest for those
Chibi style is what turns me off lol

They're all great. P3 shows its age a bit but I still really enjoyed playing the PSP version on my Vita.

Never played Skies of Arcadia.
Skies is a cozy, optimistic JRPG with great (for the time) graphics, homey characters and lovely worldbuilding that released on a dying console during a time when grimdark was king. I love it so much. It deserved better. It's worth...acquiring the Gamecube port and playing on emulator.

(side note, developer Overworks was composed of vets from both the Phantasy Star and Panzer Dragoon Saga teams, so...yeah)

I liked P3 but the repetitive nature of Tartarus really took it out of me. P4 mixed things up just enough, and I love that game's cast.

I feel like I haven't posted in here in a while, so here's some random gaming related stuff.

First off, fuck the graphics card market right now. Decided to finally replace my gaming desktop that died a couple years ago. Really hard to find anything with decent specs and not wait for months. Even prebuilts like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower have better than most prices, but 6-8 week lead times on newer cards. Cards themselves going for close to, and sometimes more than, an entire prebuilt is insane. Hell, my local Walmart had an ibuypower on display with better specs than something similar on the ibuypower site, and at $500 cheaper, but of course they're sold out with no knowing if or when they're getting more. Ridiculous.

In happier news, I've gotten out of a hole I fell into with Binding of Isaac. I've been going through and doing the new paths with all characters. I got stuck on Blue Baby, but have dug myself out of that hole. One thing I've noticed with the Repentance DLC is that it seems to really highlight and punish bad habits that I've developed over the years. Fortunately, that's pushing me to be a better player. Making more conscious decisions on how items synergize, carefully picking and really weighing the risks of any action, relying on dodging ability and not overpowered builds and regular health pickups, etc. These were all present, but I often took the easier or more convenient options, assuming things would continue to improve as I went on. I'm playing with a new mentality, and honestly I feel like I've gotten better at the game in a short period of time. I also started a new game on my third save file. It's like seeing an old friend after years of no contact, and sure both of you have changed, but it's great to get back together and relive some of the memories.

I've also been making steady progress in Control. Hopefully not spoiling too much, but story wise I'm at the part just after you meet your brother. I love the amount of lore you get in this game. So many little details, and the writers really play with some of the concepts in fun and creative ways. I look forward to the massive amounts of documents you find as you run around, because they are usually interesting to me, and make sense in the context of the game. If you haven't played, you start the game by becoming the director for a secret government agency that deals with the paranormal. The place is on lockdown and its up to you to release it and figure out what is going on. It makes tons of sense that you would find classified documents and recordings all over with redacted information.

Finally, still also playing Dragon Quest XI. I'm like 60+ hours in now, and no end in sight. No idea how much progress I've actually made, but I'm having fun going around looking for the orbs. Great game!

I feel like I haven't posted in here in a while, so here's some random gaming related stuff.

First off, fuck the graphics card market right now. Decided to finally replace my gaming desktop that died a couple years ago. Really hard to find anything with decent specs and not wait for months. Even prebuilts like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower have better than most prices, but 6-8 week lead times on newer cards. Cards themselves going for close to, and sometimes more than, an entire prebuilt is insane. Hell, my local Walmart had an ibuypower on display with better specs than something similar on the ibuypower site, and at $500 cheaper, but of course they're sold out with no knowing if or when they're getting more. Ridiculous.

In happier news, I've gotten out of a hole I fell into with Binding of Isaac. I've been going through and doing the new paths with all characters. I got stuck on Blue Baby, but have dug myself out of that hole. One thing I've noticed with the Repentance DLC is that it seems to really highlight and punish bad habits that I've developed over the years. Fortunately, that's pushing me to be a better player. Making more conscious decisions on how items synergize, carefully picking and really weighing the risks of any action, relying on dodging ability and not overpowered builds and regular health pickups, etc. These were all present, but I often took the easier or more convenient options, assuming things would continue to improve as I went on. I'm playing with a new mentality, and honestly I feel like I've gotten better at the game in a short period of time. I also started a new game on my third save file. It's like seeing an old friend after years of no contact, and sure both of you have changed, but it's great to get back together and relive some of the memories.

I've also been making steady progress in Control. Hopefully not spoiling too much, but story wise I'm at the part just after you meet your brother. I love the amount of lore you get in this game. So many little details, and the writers really play with some of the concepts in fun and creative ways. I look forward to the massive amounts of documents you find as you run around, because they are usually interesting to me, and make sense in the context of the game. If you haven't played, you start the game by becoming the director for a secret government agency that deals with the paranormal. The place is on lockdown and its up to you to release it and figure out what is going on. It makes tons of sense that you would find classified documents and recordings all over with redacted information.

Finally, still also playing Dragon Quest XI. I'm like 60+ hours in now, and no end in sight. No idea how much progress I've actually made, but I'm having fun going around looking for the orbs. Great game!
The GPU market is pretty depressing right now. I’m still on EVGA’s notification list for a 3080, which I signed up for back in September 😩. Pretty much given up hopes on upgrading before end of year. Just glad i was overzealous like some people and sold my current GPU hoping to use that to fund an upgrade 😅.

The GPU market is pretty depressing right now. I’m still on EVGA’s notification list for a 3080, which I signed up for back in September 😩. Pretty much given up hopes on upgrading before end of year. Just glad i was overzealous like some people and sold my current GPU hoping to use that to fund an upgrade 😅.
Sorry to hear that with the card, hoping you have something to use in the meantime. I'm guessing I won't be able to buy at card a retail price anytime soon, so I'm debating on that lead time through one of the prebuild sites.

've also been making steady progress in Control. Hopefully not spoiling too much, but story wise I'm at the part just after you meet your brother. I love the amount of lore you get in this game. So many little details, and the writers really play with some of the concepts in fun and creative ways. I look forward to the massive amounts of documents you find as you run around, because they are usually interesting to me, and make sense in the context of the game. If you haven't played, you start the game by becoming the director for a secret government agency that deals with the paranormal. The place is on lockdown and its up to you to release it and figure out what is going on. It makes tons of sense that you would find classified documents and recordings all over with redacted information.
This was recently added to GamePass so I downloaded it but haven’t gotten around to trying it yet. It sounds super cool. Is it a combat game? Puzzle based? RPG?

This was recently added to GamePass so I downloaded it but haven’t gotten around to trying it yet. It sounds super cool. Is it a combat game? Puzzle based? RPG?
Kind of echoing what others have said, it's a 3rd person shooter at the core, though there's more nuance to it that I won't spoil. Lots of X-Files vibes. Think of it like that, except the department has a huge building that holds all the weird stuff. It also has ties to Alan Wake and probably Quantum Break (didn't play that one personally), so lots of cool additional lore there if you're a fan of those games.

If you’ve played any of the Alan Wake games, it’s basic the same. Action-puzzler with character upgrade systems. Absolutely gorgeous game with ray-tracing enabled, even if it requires playing at 30fps.

I also have to say, for anyone who has the ps5 and has a 4K HDR screen. God Of War is pretty much the most breathtaking game I've ever seen thus far on the system. And that game is like 4 years old. It's astonishing.
I really need to get a new monitor for my PS5. I probably haven't even scratched the surface of how nice it can look yet. Been kind of holding out for more to be available with HDMI 2.1 but I wonder how much that will really matter.

I really need to get a new monitor for my PS5. I probably haven't even scratched the surface of how nice it can look yet. Been kind of holding out for more to be available with HDMI 2.1 but I wonder how much that will really matter.
I have 4K HDR on a 106 inch projector screen. So the pixels are BIG compared to your average tv or monitor screen and due to my projector having HDMI 2.0 it's not 4:4:4. So mine comes in at 4:2:2. And honestly, it's mind blowing over the 1080 non HDR. Even the Pro didn't come close to what this looks like. The lack of 4:4:4 really mainly affects text from what I understand, your average on screen image won't look much different from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2. Now one place that 2.1 will help is 120 HZ in 4K which mine can't do without 2.1 (I think I have that right...I think, not an expert on this by any means). But honestly for me I've got to draw a line somewhere. 4K 60HZ with HDR at this size is MORE than enough especially when a 4 year old game can be the best looking thing I've ever seen on any system. That is until the TLOU 2 PS5 update that I'm sure will even outdo this.

Back