Everything Video Games!

Yeah, honestly this is the part that I keep telling myself to. I'm sure I would be plenty happy just upgrading to a 4K monitor at this point and would notice little difference between 2.1 and 2.0.
The difference between 1080 to 4K. And potentially no HDR to HDR (not sure of your current setup) will absolutely destroy any difference 2.0 to 2.1 will make. But obviously if you plan on doing a lot of 120 Hz gaming then wait, because that will be a big difference. I personally don't care about that as 60 frames is more than enough for me.

I started last night... on our newly delivered PS5!

Yeah that's what I've been playing on my PS5 as well. Very, very solid game. I'd expect nothing less from the minds behind Max Payne 1 & 2 + Alan Wake. Might be their best game yet . Also been working my way through Ori and the Blind Forest via the Switch which has been excellent.

Side note, last fall I was touching up my PS3 collection and adding the last couple of games I wanted... Was about to pull the trigger on Folklore for $40 (which was it's going rate) and then my dog required a trip to the vet so I refrained. After that, my focus shifted to landing a PS5 and I forgot about it for a bit.

This week I was like, I should grab some PS3 games--- and woah, WTF has happened? Folklore is now going 100+ dollars. I want it, but I don't want it THAT bad. On the other hand, the copy of The Puppeteer that I snagged for $30 is now gong for $80-100. Again, shit's kinda batshit atm. I understand Sony threatening to yank the digital store played a roll... but they reversed that decision weeks ago and yet prices are still going up.

I just panic purchased a couple of the ones on my list that weren't too expensive. Got the Ducktales remaster ($20), MGS Revengence ($15), the Jack & Daxter Collection ($40 with free shipping) and Killer is Dead (30$ with shipping). If they got down by 20% after all this nonsense, than they go down. But at least I won't get stuck wishing I had pulled the trigger which seems inevitable with Sly Cooper (collection), Rachet and Clank (collection) and ESPECIALLY Folklore.

Last edited:
Alright, I think I’m finally done with my first Witcher 3 playthrough. I finished the main quests many days ago but decided to level up from 52 to 55 before starting a New Game Plus. Also wanted to craft all the Grandmaster Armor sets, which became surprisingly affordable now that I’ve cleared most locations in the game. In all I clocked in at just over 200 hours.

I plan to take my time with the next playthrough, actually learn how to play Gwent, and pursue a different ending for Ciri. Yen is still the one, though.

Been a while since I've done a Binding of Isaac update. I've now beaten Mother and Dogma with all characters through Azazel. I thought Azazel was going to be a walk in the park, and he was with Dogma, but Mother is a pain due to his short range attacks. Had what I thought was going to be the winning run - decent damage, some range from Tech 2, and 9 hearts of health. On top of that, I had the chaos card which instantly finishes the first phase of that fight, which is where Azazel's lack of range struggles the most. The troll engine saw right through my cheese, and instead of varying attacks in the second phase, Mother just constantly spammed the wavy shot attack over and over, forcing me to try and dodge that stuff up close so I could put damage on her. I sadly lost that run. I did eventually get the win later with a couple of the better familiars and Tech .5. Either way, slow but steady progress being made!

Been a while since I've done a Binding of Isaac update. I've now beaten Mother and Dogma with all characters through Azazel. I thought Azazel was going to be a walk in the park, and he was with Dogma, but Mother is a pain due to his short range attacks. Had what I thought was going to be the winning run - decent damage, some range from Tech 2, and 9 hearts of health. On top of that, I had the chaos card which instantly finishes the first phase of that fight, which is where Azazel's lack of range struggles the most. The troll engine saw right through my cheese, and instead of varying attacks in the second phase, Mother just constantly spammed the wavy shot attack over and over, forcing me to try and dodge that stuff up close so I could put damage on her. I sadly lost that run. I did eventually get the win later with a couple of the better familiars and Tech .5. Either way, slow but steady progress being made!
I'm not sure I've ever asked: do you have any general tips for getting far in Binding of Isaac? I've picked it up on and off over the last few years; I have only one victory and a streak of ~-300 at this point. I basically know to just not get hit, and only just realized the slot machine in the stores keeps its count between attempts, and there are rewards (of which I'm unaware) for feeding it.

I'm not sure I've ever asked: do you have any general tips for getting far in Binding of Isaac? I've picked it up on and off over the last few years; I have only one victory and a streak of ~-300 at this point. I basically know to just not get hit, and only just realized the slot machine in the stores keeps its count between attempts, and there are rewards (of which I'm unaware) for feeding it.
Yup, the machine in the shops is a donation machine, and there are unlocks tied to getting to certain donation milestones. You can also bomb it, and it will drop a small amount of coins.

There is a ton of meta stuff involved in this game, and I could write a book on all the advice I could give. The best players out there know all the little ins and outs of the game, and more importantly, what items help/hurt your build, which changes per run. Your best resource for items is platinumgod.co.uk, which has pictures of each item and a description of what each does. Don't be afraid to turn items down if they're not helpful. I know when I started out I took everything, which often leads to disaster.

This might seem odd, but play on hard instead of normal. It is a bit harder, sure, but you get way more unlocks through this mode.

As far as your build goes in each run, in general damage and tears are your best fried. You can turn on stats in the options, which will show all your stats along the left side.

If you haven't figured out the Devil/Angel deal mechanic, basically you have a percentage change starting on floor 2 to get one of these rooms to show up after the boss fight. It starts at 100% for a Devil room at floor 2, but taking red heart damage drops that chance, and it can drop twice if you take damage in a non boss room and a boss room. Black and blue hearts are your best friend here, as you can take damage without losing your chance. Starting on floor 3, you can get an Angel room instead if you don't take anything in the Devil room. The chance is higher if you ignore the Devil room completely. If you're playing Repentance, getting the Angel rooms seems to be the better option overall, health is just too hard to come by now. Pre-Repentance, Devil was the better option. Both rooms have some of the best items in the game, so they're almost essential to getting a strong build.

Another simple rule I follow is to go for item rooms over shops.

Just some more advice, memorize enemy patterns. Special colored enemies do a full heart of damage instead of a half, so avoid those above the normal enemies. Also, look for rocks that are slightly off color and have an X on them. They're called tinted rocks and tend to drop the blue hearts or other items, and can also drop an item called the Small Rock, which is a damage up but slight speed down. Almost always worth taking if it shows.

I could go on and on, but is there any aspect of the game you seem to be struggling with most?

Honestly, the game gets a little easier as you play and unlock more items, but it is challenging. Some of the best stuff has to be earned first. I started a new save file recently and often struggle due to lack of getting overpowered. And if it's any consolation, I have 1300+ hours in the game and spend more time in a loss streak than a win streak.

Alright, I think I’m finally done with my first Witcher 3 playthrough. I finished the main quests many days ago but decided to level up from 52 to 55 before starting a New Game Plus. Also wanted to craft all the Grandmaster Armor sets, which became surprisingly affordable now that I’ve cleared most locations in the game. In all I clocked in at just over 200 hours.

I plan to take my time with the next playthrough, actually learn how to play Gwent, and pursue a different ending for Ciri. Yen is still the one, though.
I went into that game having no prior knowledge of the books, lore, or previous games and went with Triss. Loved the game so much I read all the books, and now deeply regret not going all in on Yen.

And I suck at Gwent.

I pre-ordered it for Stadia. pretty excited even though I haven't played a RE since maybe 5. I did claim RE7 for free on Stadia but haven't played it

I pre-ordered it for Stadia. pretty excited even though I haven't played a RE since maybe 5. I did claim RE7 for free on Stadia but haven't played it
Oh man, you should play the RE2 remake, it is so great. 7 was good too. I skipped from 4 to those. I think I played a tiny bit of 5 with a friend.

Oh man, you should play the RE2 remake, it is so great. 7 was good too. I skipped from 4 to those. I think I played a tiny bit of 5 with a friend.
I only have Switch and Stadia so I don't have a way to play the RE2 remake... though if I remember correctly there may have been a leak that showed it was coming to Switch, but I could totally be making that up in my mind

RE7 was great even as a backseat gamer, having never played RE before (except a short attempt at 6, which I understand to be the worst of the bunch).

I've since tried the RE1 remaster, but forgot what I was supposed to do next after setting it aside for too long. (Tank controls are a battle and a half.)

I've bought most of the games super cheap on sale. Should I bother with the remasters first, or is it worth just jumping into RE2 Remake?

RE7 was great even as a backseat gamer, having never played RE before (except a short attempt at 6, which I understand to be the worst of the bunch).

I've since tried the RE1 remaster, but forgot what I was supposed to do next after setting it aside for too long. (Tank controls are a battle and a half.)

I've bought most of the games super cheap on sale. Should I bother with the remasters first, or is it worth just jumping into RE2 Remake?
I wouldn't consider myself an RE scholar, but I don't think they are linked together strongly enough for you to really ruin anything by not playing through from the beginning. I don't think I ever played 1 though.

4 was my favorite from the original 2-4, although it has been a while, so it is hard to say how I'd feel about the controls. Definitely one of the best PS2 games though.

I would say if you are in the mood for a modern polished game, just go for the remake, but 4 is definitely worth playing as well. If you want the full body of work experience, then I guess it would be worth it to start from the beginning. Would be neat to compare the old 2 to the new 2. It had been a long time for me so I hardly remembered.

Disappointing loss in Isaac last night. I decided to skip Lazarus and Eden for now and get the hard ones out of the way, starting with The Lost. Had a crazy run That had Almond Milk and Conjoined, along with Guppy and damage near 4, which is good for an Almond or Soy milk build. First phase of mother was pretty easy, but again my nemesis, the friggin wavy shots in the second phase, were my downfall. That one attack is the only thing I struggle to dodge in that fight.

Go straight to RE2R

Back